Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

Time for the semi-last ‘Pikachu around the World’ parts:

The first fourteen language parts were Chinese (click here to go to that part); Dutch (click here to go to that part); English (click here to go to that part); French (click here to go to that part); German (click here to go to that part); Indonesian (click here to go to that part); Italian (click here to go to that part); Japanese (click here to go to that part); Korean (click here to go to that part); Polish (click here to go to that part); Portuguese (click here to go to that part); Russian (click here to go to that part); Spanish (click here to go to that part); and Thai (click here to go to that part).
And the first four special parts were the Unofficial Pikachu cards (click here to go to that part); Jumbo Cameos (click here to go to that part); Autographed cards (click here to go to that part); and Misprinted cards (click here to go to that part).

This part will go over all altered/extended Pikachu cards, almost all of them painted by artists whom I contacted through their social medias.
For those who don’t know what altered/extended cards are: they’re basically real Pokémon TCG cards, and then painted over to alter them. Most of them will turn a regular artwork into a full art card basically.

Altered/Extended Cards:

I will first go over all altered/extended cards for the Base Set Pikachu in chronological order of when I added them to the collection, which is also how I’ve got them in my binders. And after that some more altered/extended cards for other Pikachu cards that were included as gifts.

My very first altered/extended card I got in December 2016 from Lunumbra (FB, IG, YT, blog). She’s one of the first people to make altered/extended cards, and has inspired a lot of the other artists I’ve bought a card from later on. She also included this gif below after the card had arrived.

It wasn’t until July 2017 when the next two cards arrived at my place. The second in the picture below is from errantdog (reddit) and the third with the donuts is from AlteredImagesArtWithJune (IG, Etsy). She also included two other extended/altered Pikachu cards (with candy as well :grin: ), which I will show after all the Base Set Pikachu.

The fourth was in August 2017 from Rayquazanera, who currently goes by the name Mikiena (FB, YT, IG, Efour). I was the first she painted a card for, and she also joined the Efourum for a brief period of time. She also made this nice time-lapse video of the Pikachu she made for me:

Another one that arrived in August 2017 is the middle one in the 3x3 picture below. This one is made by SquishyArt (IG).

Next in September 2017 one made by StarlightCardArt (IG).

Then in October two at the same time again. The left one in the bottom row is from AstralTigerArt (Etsy) and the middle one of the bottom row is from NefariousPaintedCreations (IG).

And one more later in October 2017 as well from Unaysaurus, who nowadays goes by the name PourritureArtwork (Etsy).

Next, also in October 2017 just in time for Halloween, we have an altered Pikachu that isn’t extended like all the others. Instead, only the artwork itself is altered, so Pikachu appears to be a skeleton. This gives a whole new meaning to the attack Gnaw. :wink: This one is made by Houndooom (IG).

And the last one from October 2017, the second one in the 3x3 picture below, is from Christian’s Painted Pokémon Cards (FB). This one is made from a Reverse Holo XY Evolution Pikachu, and some of the holofoil is used on the finished painted card.

Then in November 2017 I was again the first customer for an altered/extended card for PokeMart101 (Etsy).

In December 2017 another one arrived. This one is from Pokepaints (FB).

Then it was quiet for a few months until the end of February 2018, with a nice card with mushrooms from artofthecards (IG, FB, YT), who is better known for her extended/altered Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

Two more that arrived in February 2018 are from Jess’ Altered Pokémon Cards (FB) and CardArts (tumblr).

Then mid-March 2018 we have one made by AngiePokeCreations (IG).

And the final one from the 3x3 picture below that arrived in March 2018 as well is from ChevellIllustrations, now known as maluridae_ (IG, YT, website).

Next we have another card using a Reverse Holo XY Evolutions Pikachu as its base, which arrived in April 2018 and is made by blvckink (YT, IG), and another card that arrived on the same day with a cute Pichu from drewzcustomcards (IG, Etsy).
blvckink also made a time-lapse video how he made the Pikachu from an extended/altered Reverse Holo Pikachu he did in the past:

Next, also in April 2018 (I also see in my update from back then I had 20 more incoming, haha), one made by miskabeee (IG).

Also in April 2018 one made by mwoaa_art (IG, website), who’s still very active today judging by the amount of IG posts I see of her.

Next one with a cute little Caterpie in the artwork, also from April 2018. This one is made by ThePurpleLagia (Etsy, IG).

Then three arrivals at the same time on May 1st, 2018: FancyKnotsandThings (her Etsy is gone); renomi.hitomi (her IG is gone); and MuteCatStudio (IG).

And two more arrived the day after on May 2nd, 2018, one of which is the last card in the 3x3 picture below. This one is made by MarcusDoddTattooist (IG).

And the other one that arrived on that same day (May 2nd, 2018) is the first card in the 3x3 picture below. This one is mad eby DeckedOutAlters (Etsy).

Next, still in May 2018 (the 8th to be exact) we have one with a Ekans lurking on Pikachu, made by RedChesst (IG).

The day after another arrival, made by greg787878 (IG).

Still in May 2018, one made by fabzart (IG).

Followed by one made by jjohto (IG) (the middle one in the 3x3 picture below).

Then a cute Detective Pikachu, which was actually pretty original considering the Detective Pikachu movie wasn’t even announced back then (although the Detective Pikachu game from 2016 did exist of course). This one is made by AmusAlts (Etsy).

Next, still in May 2018 (19th), another artist for whom I was the first customer. I like how she added an additional tree and path, changing the entire artwork pretty drastically. This one is made by BaypaintStudios (IG, Etsy, FB, website).

Next one made by shumineko (IG), with a nice reflection of Pikachu in the water.

Then we had two arrivals at the same time again on May 23rd, 2018 (May 2018 really was packed with arrivals…). One of those two is the final card in the 3x3 picture below, which is made by abar.alters (IG).

The other one that arrived on May 23rd, 2018, with the apple trees and Bulbasaur, is made by sketching_kaitydid (IG), who has a pretty rough painting style.

Next we coincidentally have three artists who all made Pikachu’s cheeks red manually. Most artists use a yellow cheeks Pikachu (likely the XY Evolution one, since it’s the cheapest), so the cheeks are usually yellow as well. But some artists like the next three have painted the cheeks red themselves.
The first one with two additional Pikachu in the artwork from May 24th, 2018, is made by fierce_arcanine (IG).
The next, for which we’ve finally reached the next month (June 2nd, 2018), is made by painted_pokemon, now known as painted_pokemon_cards (IG). I like how he added the Magikarp that are being electrocuted by Pikachu in the water, with the lightning bolts being holo from a Reverse Holo XY Evolution Pikachu.
The third Pikachu with manually painted red cheeks, and beautiful colors in especially the water, is made by miljaafa (reddit), also known as edwin.san59 (IG, FB).

Then we’re back to yellow cheeks again. The next one, in the middle of the 3x3 picture below, is made by marchallaryonna (IG) and arrived on June 13th, 2018.

Followed the next day a Pikachu with little purple flowers made by chicken_raptor (IG).

Again the next day, on June 15th, we have another Pikachu from PaintySmeargle (IG, tumblr), a very fitting name for an artist making Pokémon alters.

Next on June 20th one that’s very fitting for me since I used to collect twisty puzzless, which is a Pikachu holding a Rubik’s Cube in its little hands. :blush: This one is made by ghostparfait (IG).

And the final Pikachu in the 3x3 picture below, that arrived on June 23rd, 2018, is made by greycairn (her IG is gone, but her (inactive) aminoapps page instead).

Next from July (3rd), 2018, we have one made by JessieZeier, also known as ZeiArt (IG). I like how he painted over the Pikachu itself as well to create even yellow colors on the entire Pikachu, which is a color a lot of artists seems to have trouble with replicating.

Next another red cheeks Pikachu (standing on a mushroom), which is made by SaraBurnsRedArt (IG). She also included some stickers and painted the envelop it came in. :blush:

And one that arrived on the same day (July 14th) made by KeruArt (IG).

The next arrived at the end of August (30rd), 2018, which is made by MikiJowy (IG).

After that one from September 25th, 2018 made by arcylluna_cards (IG).

Followed by one with Ash’ Kanto region cap and Poké ball on November 20th, 2018. This one is made by kalea96 (IG, FB).

Next on January 11th, 2019 we have one made by KitsuneWynter, now known by SliceOfBrie (Etsy), and also known as briekit.art (IG).

Next on February 5th, 2019 one made by JeskaPaints (IG).

And the last from this 3x3 picture arrived on March 28th, 2019, which is made by livpokmn (IG).

Next on April 4th, 2019 we have one made by pokemoncardalters (IG, Etsy). She did a great job matching the yellow of Pikachu, which a lot of artists seem to have trouble with.

Next on April 30th one made by Silvermoon0616, nowadays known as SilvermoonCreatesArt (IG, website).

Next almost halve a year forward on August 16th, 2019, one with little berries in front of Pikachu, made by OneScribbleADay (IG).

Next that same month, on August 28th, another Pikachu with Caterpie (and Weedle as well this time), made by HollyPaintsCards (IG).

The next arrival was on October 12th, 2019, with a nice lily pond. This one is made by pixelshaped (IG).

Followed by another one later that month on October 23rd, 2019. This one, with red-and-white-stippled mushrooms, is made by shady_collects (IG).

Followed by one that was recommended to me by @azulryu which arrived on November 9th, 2019. This one was made by ChaoticCardShop (IG).

Next one where the artists removed the original trees, giving it her own twist with the night sky. This one is made by vulpixcorner, nowadays known as poki_corner (IG), which arrived on November 16th, 2019.

And the last of this 3x3 picture arrived on November 23rd, 2019, which is made by melocialters (IG).

The next arrived on December 7th, 2019, made by barbaramachadoart (IG, Etsy).

Then on December 24th, 2019 one made by kahase.paints (IG).

Next on January 11th, 2020 one made by catlikemeowth (IG), who added her custom holofoil for the background.

Next two which arrived on the same day again, January 18th, 2020. The first where Pikachu is standing behind a tree log is made by dudebro_artwork (IG). And the other where Pikachu is standing on top of a tree log next to a serene little river is made by pokesats (IG, YT).

Next on March 14th, 2020 another original one, where Pikachu is painted alongside other graffiti. This one is made by william__art (IG).

Then two more arrivals on the same day again, June 17th, 2020. The first is both a Surfing & Flying Pikachu in one, made by AdamCrowtherGallary (Etsy). And the second where Pikachu is standing on a tree log where water is flowing out of is made by lisaslovelycards (IG).

And the last altered/extended Pikachu in this 3x3 picture below is made by namelessartistsoul (IG, Etsy), also known as bubblegumkrisis (IG), which arrived on July 10th, 2020.

Next we have one where Pikachu is fishing from a rubber band. :grin: This one is made by pokelise0302 (IG), and arrived on July 14th, 2020.

The next on is from August 6th, 2020, made by enilwe.pokecards (IG, Etsy).

Then later that month on August 18th, 2020 one with twilight sky arrived, made by LostGhostFlower (Etsy, IG). She also included some nice stickers:

Next on September 19th, 2020 one made by hugamouse.art (IG), with some nice rocks in the foreground.

Then on September 24th, 2020 one made by ng_art_planet, also known as ng_card_planet (IG, Etsy).

Next one made by eRabbits (IG, Etsy, website), which arrived on October 20th, 2020. She also included a cute Chikorita in a jar sticker:

Next on November 4th, 2020 one made by kkaystudio (Etsy). It may look pretty chaotic up close with those lightning bolts, but from a distance it looks pretty cool. :blush:

Then on November 11th, 2020, the day before my birthday, another beautiful Pikachu arrived made by elielialteredcard (her IG is unfortunately gone, but here her YT). She also included a lot of cute stickers, including some with Rubik’s Cubes she custom-made for me. :blush: And she also made a video where she explained her painting process:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_ophSflIg

And the final altered/extended Pikachu of this 3x3 picture arrived on November 15th, 2020, which is made by ArtByLizzieAnne (Etsy)

Next one that arrived on November 19th, 2020, made by DewFallsMaket (Etsy).

And the last altered/extended Base Set Pikachu I bought from an artist, and which arrived on November 25th, 2020, is from doodles.and.tee, these days known as MeowskisArt (IG, Etsy).

And those are all 83 extended/altered Base Set Pikachu I bought from artists. I like how all of them used the same base artwork, yet all look so different. Each artist has used their own style, ideas, and inspiration, creating all these works of art above.

I also have three non-Base Set Pikachu altered/extended cards, which were included as gifts when I bought the Base Set versions.

First a Furious Fists Pikachu artwork and BREAKthrough Pikachu artwork, both made by AlteredImagesArtWithJune who also made the Base Pikachu with donuts above. :grin: And the other is an XY Pikachu, made by KitsuneWynter/SliceOfBrie/briekit.art.

And the final two altered/extended cards, which weren’t bought, but gifted to me by (online) friends and fellow Efour members for my birthday in 2021. A Base Set Pikachu from Stephneechan (who left the forum a few years back) and a Jungle Pikachu made by @qwachansey .

And there you have it. All painted altered/extended Base Set Pikachu in my collection. I haven’t bought any in a long while, since the released TCG cards itself where already breaking the bank at some points, but I might get back to them one day perhaps (I do keep a list of artists I come across coincidentally whom I might contact one day).

And although I said this would be the final Pikachu around the World part, I realized I still have a few more cards I have yet to show (e.g. graded/sealed cards I received as gifts that I already have ungraded; some other altered cards that aren’t painted; some modern foreign Pikachu released after February 27th, 2021; etc.). For good measure and to have a fully complete overview of all my Pikachu cards in my collection, I’d probably make one additional small part soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

15 Likes