Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

The first fourteen language parts were Chinese (click here to go to that part); Dutch (click here to go to that part); English (click here to go to that part); French (click here to go to that part); German (click here to go to that part); Indonesian (click here to go to that part); Italian (click here to go to that part); Japanese (click here to go to that part); Korean (click here to go to that part); Polish (click here to go to that part); Portuguese (click here to go to that part); Russian (click here to go to that part); Spanish (click here to go to that part); and Thai (click here to go to that part).
And the first special part was Unofficial Pikachu cards (click here to go to that part).

Although I’ve said the next part would be all autographed/signed Pikachu cards I own, I coincidentally bought three autographed Pikachu cards a couple of days ago that are currently incoming, so instead I’ll make a pretty small part today with all my Jumbo cards with Pikachu cameos.
I don’t collect Pikachu cameos for regular sized cards, unlike my Seviper collection (which only has three), primarily because I would have to include Trophy cards and the Pokémon Illustrator card, which no way is going to happen. Not too mention there are hundreds of Pikachu cameos on regular sized TCG cards, most of which can be found in this thread. I do however collect Pikachu cameos on Jumbo cards only, which is currently ‘complete’ with all 11 Jumbo cards. :blush:

Jumbo Pikachu Cameos:

Let me once again start with a picture of all Jumbo cards with Pikachu cameos in my collection (the top row is slightly out of order…):

All the Jumbo cards that feature a Pikachu are Japanese, of which one is released in both Japanese and Korean.

The first card in chronological order is actually not a full-sized Jumbo card. Instead it’s the size of a post card, since that’s what it actually is. From January 1st to June, 1999, members of the Pokémon Fan Club who had already earned 100 “GET Points” received this Tropical Present post card from MediaFactory, and they would receive an additional 10 “GET Points” to their Pokémon Fan Club account when they received it. The back of the card also stated “post card” at the top, and also features Dr. Sameji’s signature at the bottom-right. Apart from Pikachu, the artwork also features Snorlax, Pichu, Mareep, and Hoppip.

Next we have the Mewtwo Strikes Back card. This Jumbo Mewtwo card was an insert in the CoroCoro Comic of May 1998, released on April 15th, 1998. Apart from Pikachu and Mewtwo, the artwork also features Mew.

Next we have the Pokémon Plaza card, another CoroCoro insert. This one was inserted in the October 1998 volume, released on September 15th, 1998. Apart from Pikachu, the artwork also features Meowth, Golbat, Oddish, and Poliwag.

Next we have the Pokémon Valley card, an insert in the Bessatsu CoroCoro Comic Special of August 1999, released on June 30th, 1999. Apart from Pikachu, this artwork also features Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Venonat, Psyduck, Togepi, Marill, and Elekid.

Next we’re at the Black & White era, with the Jumbo cards having the new Japanese back instead of the old one. We start with the Tepig Jumbo card, given to the first 10,000 people each day that visited the Osaka Pokémon Center during its grand reopening between November 26th and 28th, 2010. Apart from Pikachu and Tepig, this artwork also features Meowth, Snivy, Oshawott, Pansage, Pansear, Cottonee, and Foongus.

Next we have Oshawott, another BW-P Jumbo card given to customers of a Pokémon Center to celebrate the reopening. This time it was given to the first 5,000 people each day who visited the Fukuoka Pokémon Center during its grand reopening between March 3rd and 6th, 2011. Apart from Pikachu and Oshawott, this artwork also features Snivy, Patrat, Pansage, Panpour, Tympole, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

Next we have another Mewtwo Jumbo card, given as a participation prize to contenders of the Experience Battle side events held during the Battle Carnival of 2011 in Japan, which ran on the weekend of November 5th and 6th, 2011 at the Mydome Osaka in Osaka and the weekend of November 19th and 20th, 2011 at the Sunshine City in Tokyo. Apart from Pikachu and Mewtwo, this artwork also features Machamp, Chikorita, Misdreavus, Torchic, Piplup, Bronzong, Riolu, Oshawott, Timburr, Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Reuniclus, Ferroseed, Stunfisk, and Accelgor.

Halve a year later participants of the Experience Battle side events at the Battle Carnival 2012 Spring venue received a Rayquaza Jumbo card. This Battle Carnival took place at the Sendai Sun Plaza in Sendai on May 3rd, 2021; at the Pacifico Yokohama in Yokohama on May 12th and 13th, 2012; at the Port Messe Nagoya in Nagoya on May 20th, 2012; and at the Intex Osaka in Osaka on June 3rd, 2012. Apart from Pikachu and Rayquaza, this artwork also features Altaria, Latias, Latios, Garchomp, Giratina (Altered Forme), Haxorus, and Hydreigon.

Next we have an XY era Jumbo card: an Inkay, given to customers for the grand opening of the Tokyo Bay Pokémon Center from November 22nd to December 15th, 2013. Customers would receive either this Jumbo card, or a specially-designed shipping bag. Apart from Pikachu and Inkay, this artwork also features Meowth, Sunkern, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Talonflame, Flabébé (Red Flower), Pancham, Helioptile, and Dedenne.

And the final Jumbo card featuring a Pikachu in its artwork is a Sun & Moon era card: Zeraora and Friends. This Jumbo card was included in the Zeraora Special Jumbo Card Pack, available for purchase to promote the 21st Pokémon Movie: The Power of Us from July 6th, 2018 onward. This Zeraora Special Jumbo Card Pack was also released in Korean on December 20th, 2018. Apart from Pikachu and Zeraora, this artwork also features Eevee, Sudowoodo, and Lugia.

There are two more Jumbo cards featuring a Pikachu in their artwork, but only a single copy of each was given to the winners, so it should be obvious I don’t have these cards in my collection. Those would be the Parent-Child Award and Twitter Special Award of the Pokémon The Movie: Koko × Pokémon Card Game Illustration Contest, held between October 15th and November 15th, 2020. The four winner artworks for Director’s Award; Creatures Award; Parent-Child Award; and Twitter Special Award were announced on December 25th, 2020, with winners receiving their Jumbo card in late March 2021.

And there you have it. All non-Pikachu Jumbo cards that feature a Pikachu in their artwork.

Greetz,
Quuador

13 Likes