Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

Today we (finally) have the Indonesian ‘Pikachu around the World’ part. I will add the same quote again, which I’ll do for all parts:

The first ten parts were Chinese (click here to go to that part); Dutch (click here to go to that part); English (click here to go to that part); French (click here to go to that part); German (click here to go to that part); Italian (click here to go to that part); Japanese (click here to go to that part); Korean (click here to go to that part); Polish (click here to go to that part); and Portuguese (click here to go to that part).

The Indonesian portion of my Pikachu collection is 100% complete, mainly because of an amazing Indonesian middleman who basically helped me with every single Pikachu and Seviper card (except for the very first) since the Pokémon TCG was released in Indonesian. :grin:

Indonesian:

Let me start with a picture of all Indonesian Pikachu cards in my collection:

The very first Indonesian card was coincidentally also a Pikachu. This holofoil 001/SM-P Detective Pikachu promo was released on May 8th, 2019, and given to people who bought a ticket for the Detective Pikachu movie at cinemas.
Indonesian cards are printed in Japan, so the cards will also have the silver card borders and Japanese layout, instead of the international yellow card borders. The backs of the card are still the same as English cards, though.

After this initial released promo in May 2019, there were months of silence before the next Indonesian cards were finally released in August 2019. Between August 1st and September 30th, 2019, people received one out of ten Indomarket stamped promo cards, of which the Pikachu had number 009/SM-P. The other nine promos included a 003/SM-P Rowlet; 004/SM-P Popplio; 005/SM-P Ho-Oh GX; 006/SM-P Litten; 007/SM-P Psyduck; 008/SM-P Gyarados; 010/SM-P Mimikyu; 011/SM-P Machamp; and 012/SM-P Snubbull.
The Pikachu artwork for this card was never released in English nor Japanese. This artwork is only available in Korean, Thai, and Indonesian.

On August 8th, 2019 the Indonesian First Impact sets A and B were released, as well as a First Impact Random GX Starter Deck. Set A contained two Pikachu cards numbered 100/150 and 101/150; Set B contained two Pikachu cards as well numbered 001/150 and 002/150; and the random deck contained a Pikachu as well with number 038/140.

Two days later, on August 11th, 2019, there was a First Impact Grand Launch Event tournament. Participants of this tournament received the 002/SM-P holofoil Pikachu promo.

On October 26th, 2019 we had the second set: the Indonesian Legends Awakened sets A and B, again with accompanying Legends Awakened Random GX Starter Deck. Set A contained two Pikachu cards with numbers 047/171 and 048/171; set B lacked any Pikachu card; and the random deck contained a Pikachu with number 045/159.

Next on December 30th, 2019 the third set was released: the Indonesian Hidden Shadow sets A and B, again with Hidden Shadow Random GX Starter Deck. Set A and the random deck both lacked any Pikachu cards; and set B contained one Pikachu with number 002/183.

Next in February 2020 we had the Choki Choki Chococashew Surprise Pokémon promotion. Although I’m not entirely sure, I assume Choki Choki Chococashew products would include one of the promo cards at random or perhaps in a small booster pack, similar as cereal promos in English. This promotion included a non-Holo Pikachu promo with number 063/SM-P. The other Choki Choki stamped promos were: 057/SM-P and 058/SM-P Rowlet; 059/SM-P and 060/SM-P Litten; 061/SM-P and 062/SM-P Popplio; 064/SM-P Riolu; 065/SM-P Alolan Diglett; 066/SM-P Kirlia; 067/SM-P Lunala GX; 068/SM-P Solgaleo GX; 069/SM-P Grass Energy; 070/SM-P Fire Energy; 071/SM-P Water Energy; 072/SM-P Lightning Energy; 073/SM-P Psychic Energy; 074/SM-P Fighting Energy; 075/SM-P Darkness Energy; 076/SM-P Metal Energy; and 077/SM-P Fairy Energy.

Next on March 10, 2020 we have another set: the Indonesian Sky Ruler sets A and B, with Sky Ruler Random GX Starter Deck. Set A contained a Pikachu with number 041/178; sets B and the random deck lacked any Pikachu card.

Next on July 10th, 2020 we have the Indonesian Tag Team Collection sets A and B, with Tag Team Collection Random GX Starter Deck. Set A contained a 032/205 Pikachu & Zekrom GX Full Art Ultra Rare; a 034/205 Pikachu; a 206/205 Pikachu Full Art Character Secret Rare; 221/205 and 222/205 Pikachu & Zekrom GX Full Art Secret Rares; and a 273/205 Pikachu & Zekrom GX Full Art Hyper Secret Rare; set B lacked any Pikachu card; and the random deck contained a Pikachu with number 048/172.

In November 2020 the non-Holo 008/S-P Pikachu promo was released alongside eleven other promos, as Pokémon Card Gym Promo, given to participants of these Pokémon Card Gym events. These same promos were given again to participants at the Final Mega Gym Battle at the start of 2021. The other Gym logo stamped promos of this event were 001/S-P Grookey; 002/S-P Rillaboom V; 003/S-P Scorbunny; 004/S-P Cinderace; 005/S-P Cinderace V; 006/S-P Sobble; 007/S-P Inteleon V; 009/S-P Morpeko; 010/S-P Coalossal; 011/S-P Galarian Perrserker; and 012/S-P Cinccino.

On November 21st, 2020 the first Indonesian Sword & Shield era set was released, simply called Sword & Shield (sets A and B), with again Sword & Shield Random V Starter Deck. Both the sets lacked any Pikachu cards, but the random deck did contain a Pikachu card with number 048/164.

Next starting late December 2020 or very early (January 1st or 2nd) 2021 (I don’t know the exact date), the Toys Kingdom promotion card purchase campaign took place for a couple of weeks. By spending a certain minimum at Toys Kingdom stores on Pokémon TCG products, customers received one of six promos, including the non-Holo 172/SM-P Pikachu promo. The other Toys Kingdom logo stamped cards of this promotion included: 169/SM-P Rowlet; 170/SM-P Litten; 171/SM-P Popplio; 173/SM-P Alolan Vulpix; and 174/SM-P Eevee.

The final cards below are actually outside of my collection goal, since they’re released just after February 27th, 2021.

The first is the 016/S-P Pikachu promo, given as a KFC (Kentucky Friend Chicken) promotion. This KFC Chaki Kids Meal promotion card purchase campaign was throughout March 2021. The other KFC logo stamped promos included: 180/SM-P Bounsweet; 181/SM-P Charizard; 182/SM-P Litten; 183/SM-P Slowpoke; 184/SM-P Mewtwo; 185/SM-P Dratini; and 186/SM-P Eevee. (And yes, the Pikachu was the only S-P promo. Not entirely sure why, but I’d imagine it’s because the artworks used in the other seven promos were originally released in the Japanese Sun & Moon era, and the Pikachu artwork used was originally released in the Sword & Shield era.)

And the final Indonesian Pikachu cards in my collection are from the Indonesian Shiny VMAX Collection sets A and B from March 21st, 2021, again with a Shiny VMAX Collection Random V Starter Deck (which isn’t added to Bulbapedia yet). Set A included 057/159 and 058/159 Pikachu V Full Art Ultra Rares; a 059/159 Pikachu Vmax Full Art Ultra Rare; a 165/159 Pikachu V Full Art Secret Rare; and a 249/159 Pikachu Vmax Full Art Hyper Secret Rare (my most expensive bought set card thus far… - 400 USD); set B lacked any Pikachu cards; and the random deck contained a non-Holo Full Art Ultra Rare Pikachu V card with number 029/135.

Indonesian sets now follow suit with the Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Thai sets, but since I stopped collecting any non-English Pikachu cards since February 27th, 2021 I won’t be going over those. Probably a good thing I didn’t continue, since the 054/S-P Pikachu Vmax promo was a tournament winner card limited to just 300 copies, so as you can imagine not exactly cheap.

But there you have it, all Indonesian Pikachu cards in my collection, which is a 100% completed language in my Pikachu collection. :blush:
Just three more language ‘Pikachu around the World’ parts to go: Russian; Spanish; and Thai. After which I’ll go over some additional special parts: unreleased / unofficial Pikachu cards; misprints; autographed/signed cards; altered/extended (Base Set) cards; Jumbo cameos; etc. But more on that later. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

10 Likes