Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

Time for another ‘Pikachu around the World’ post. I will add the same quote again, which I’ll do for all parts:

The first four parts were Chinese (click here to go to that part); Dutch (click here to go to that part); English (click here to go to that part); and French (click here to go to that part).

Today, we have the fifth language: German. This is again one of the languages I don’t have complete yet unfortunately, missing three WotC era promo Pikachu cards.

German:

Let me start with a picture of all German Pikachu cards again in my collection (minus three I added recently, which are the SWSH061 Pikachu V promo in regular and Jumbo forms and the 25th anniversary Jumbo Base Set Pikachu). Right now I have 160 out of 163 German Pikachu cards in my possession, with three WotC promo Pikachu cards left to find: #24 Birthday, #28 Surfing, and one of three variations of #25 Flying Pikachu (I have the Fliegendes Pikachu and Pikachu World Collection 2000 versions, but am missing the Flug-Pikachu).

This part will be pretty similar as the French part. I will only go over the actual Pikachu releases, instead of the entire history like I did with Dutch and Chinese. I will also not mention set numbers and alike, unless it’s a German-exclusive release, since those can already be read at the earlier English part.

The first set with German Pikachu cards was again the Base Set, in both 1st and unlimited edition. The German Base Set was released in December 1999 (not sure about the exact day, only the months and years are mentioned on both pokewiki.de and bisafans.de for most German set releases).

On April 13th, 2000 the first Pokémon Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back (simply known as Pokémon, the Movie in German) came in cinemas in Germany, where the four promos including the #4 Pikachu were available.

After that came the German Jungle set, released in June 2000 (again, I’m not sure about the exact day), also released in both 1st and unlimited edition:

Next we had the German Neo Genesis set, in both 1st and unlimited edition, released in May 2001:

I’m not sure how, when, or where it was released, but the WotC #1 Pikachu was also released in German.

The Flying Pikachu #25 promo was also released in German, but again I’m not sure how, when, or where it was released.
A version with the Pikachu stamp was also included in the Pikachu World Collection of 2000, which we’ve mentioned in all the previous parts, released in Australia on September 13th, 2000.
There is also a German Flying Pikachu WotC promo with the title ‘Flug-Pikachu’ instead of ‘Fliegendes Pikachu’, and different copyright information, which unfortunately is one of three missing Pikachu cards in my collection alongside the ‘Surf-Pikachu’ and birthday Pikachu promos.

I’m again not sure how, when, and where it was released, but the #26 promo is available in German as well.

Next there is the German Expedition Base Set, released somewhere in 2003 (no idea when), as both non-holo and Reverse Holo.

Then we had the German Skyridge set, which unlike French was released in German, somewhere at the end of 2003 or start of 2004.

Next we had the German EX Sandstorm set, released somewhere in 2004. Just like English and French, there are three non-Holo Commons with different codes, as well as the German EX Trainer Kit version (released somewhere in 2004 as well).

Next we had the German EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua set, released somewhere in 2004.

The POP Series 2 was released in German as well. I’m not sure when it was released in German, but it should be somewhere near the end of 2005 or somewhere in 2006.

Then the German EX FireRed & LeafGreen set, with the Reverse Holofoil and three different codes for the non-holo again, released somewhere at the end of 2004 or start of 2005.

Next we had the German EX Emerald set, released somewhere in 2005.

Then we have the German POP Series 4 Pikachu, released somewhere near the end of 2006 or start of 2007.

Followed by the EX Legend Maker box topper, released in 2006.

Next the three German EX Holon Phantoms Pikachu cards, including Gold Star Secret Rare, released in 2006 as well.

The POP Series 5 was, unlike France, also released in Germany. This mini set was released somewhere in 2007 and contained two non-Holo Pikachu cards.

And the last set of the ex era, the German EX Power Keepers set, released somewhere in 2007.

The POP Series 6 was also released in Germany somewhere near the end of 2007 or start of 2008, and contained a non-Holo Pikachu card.
This Pikachu was also released as Holofoil in some blister packs near the end of 2007 or start of 2008.

Then we had the DP era, with the German Mysterious Treasures Pikachu, released on November 7th, 2007.

Simultaneously, the DP16 holofoil Pikachu was released with the artwork from the same artist, but a different perspective.
This German promo was also released with silver snowflake stamp in the Pokémon Countdown Calendar of October 2008.

Next, on August 13th, 2008, we had the German Majestic Dawn set.

Followed by the German Stormfront set on February 11th, 2009.

And the final POP Series 9 was released in Germany as well somewhere in 2009.
There is also a Germany Pokémon Day copy, given to visitors of the Pokémon Day 2009 events in six German cities between August 29th and October 24th, 2009.

Then we have the three Secret Rare Pikachu cards from the German Rising Rivals set for the Platinum era, released on August 12th, 2009.

Followed by the German Supreme Victors set on November 11th, 2009.

And the final set of the Platinum era, the German Arceus set, was released on February 11th, 2010.

Next we have the HeartGold & SoulSilver era, starting with the German set by the same name, released on May 12th, 2010.
Unlike English and French, the HeartGold & SoulSilver Trainer Kit wasn’t released in German.
There is however a German Pokémon Day version, given at the Pokémon Day between August 18th and October 23rd, 2010 in twenty cities in Germany.
As well as a version with golden Snowflake stamp, from the German exclusive Countdown Calendar of 2010, released near the end of September or October of 2010 (based on the September 21st, 2010 news on bisafans).

On July 8th, 2010 the Japanese Pikachu World Collection 2010 was released, and in November 2010 the English version. Both containing an unique German Pikachu artwork.

Next we have the German Undaunted set Pikachu, released on November 3rd, 2010.

Then we had the Black & White era, with a German set by the same name containing a Secret Rare Pikachu, released on May 25th, 2011, exactly a month after its English release.

Then we had the German Next Destinies Pikachu, released on April 25th, 2012.

Followed by the Boundaries Crossed set on February 6th, 2013:

Next we have the XY era, starting with the German set by the same name on February 5th, 2014, on the same day as its English release.

Followed by Furious Fists on August 13th, 2014, again on the same day as the English release.

Next we had Roaring Skies released on May 20th, 2015, about two weeks after its English release.
In addition we had the McDonald’s 2016 version, for which this German copy was exclusively released in Switzerland (not sure when, but somewhere near the end of 2016).

Followed by the BREAKthrough set, released in German on November 11th, 2015, a week after its English release.

The XY84 Pikachu EX promo was also released in German inside the Pikachu-EX Legendary Collection box in November 2015.

Then we had the Generations set with two Pikachu cards, released in German on February 22nd, 2016, on the same day as its English release.

Somewhere in April/May 2016 the German XY Trainer Kit: Pikachu Libre & Suicune was released, with two Pikachu Libre cards.

In September 2016 the Pikachu-EX Red & Blue Collection box was released in Germany, containing both a regular sized and Jumbo-sized version of the XY124 full art Pikachu EX promo.

Soon after in September 2016 as well, the XY174 promo Pikachu EX was released in German as well.

And the last set of the XY era: Evolution, with reprints of earlier Pikachu artworks, released on November 2nd, 2016 in German, on the same day as its English release.
And in addition again the Shatterfoil version from the Pikachu Power Theme Deck.

The SM Trainer Kit: Lycanroc & Alolan Raichu was released in German as well, somewhere in April/May 2017, which contained two non-Holo Pikachu cards.
This artwork was also printed as SM86 Holofoil Promo in German, released inside the Shining Legends Collectors Chest released in November 2017.

Next we had the Sun & Moon era, with the Burning Shadows set of August 4th, 2017 being the first to contain a Pikachu card (again released on the same day as its English release).

Between September and October 2017 the McDonald’s Collection 2017 was given in Germany, containing the 5/12 Pikachu.

Followed by the Shining Legends set of October 6th, 2017.
This artwork also had a Water Web Holofoil, Shatterfoil, and McDonald’s Holofoil in German. The Water Web Holofoil came from the Shining Legends Special Collection - Raichu-GX box, released at the start of 2018.
The Shatterfoil came from the Let’s Play, Pikachu theme deck, released at the start of 2019.
And the McDonald’s card came from the McDonald’s Collection 2019, released on November 7th, 2019 in Germany.

Released simultaneously with the Shining Legends set on October 6th, 2017, we had the Shining Legends Pin Collection - Pikachu, containing the SM76 Pikachu promo.

As well as the SM81 Pikachu from the Shining Legends Super-Premium Collection box, also on that same day October 6th, 2017.

Next we had the Crimson Invasion set, released on November 3rd 2017.
This again had a McDonald’s Holofoil version, from the McDonald’s Collection 2018. Just like the one from 2016 it was exclusively released in Switzerland, somewhere near the end of 2018.

On November 5th, 2017, the 20th I Choose You! Pokémon movie was released in cinemas in Germany, where the SM108 Ash’s Pikachu promo was given.

Near the end of 2017 and start of 2018 you would also get one of six Ash’s Pikachu promos (numbered SM109 through SM114) from certain stores in Germany.

On November 2nd, 2018 the Pikachu & Eevee Poké Ball Collection was released in Germany, containing the Holofoil Pikachu promo with number SM157.

Next we have the Team Up set of February 1st, 2019, with the three Pikachu & Zekrom GX Ultra/Secret/Hyper Rares.

At the start of March, the SM168 Pikachu & Zekrom GX full art promo was also released in German inside Tag Team Tins.

Next we had the mini Detective Pikachu set, released on March 29th, 2019, the same day it was released in the UK.

That same day, March 29th, 2019, we also had the Detective Pikachu Case File release, containing the German SM194 Detective Pikachu promo.

Followed by the Unbroken Bonds set of May 3rd, 2019.

On May 9th, 2019, the Detective Pikachu movie was released in cinemas in Germany. People going to the movie would receive the SM190 Detective Pikachu promo.
There was also a special DVDs and Blu-Rays release on October 10th, 2019, which included a stamped version of this same German promo. (This German stamped version could also be found in French and Italian copies of the DVDs and Blu-Rays, which unlike the English and German releases contained one of the four languages at random by error, instead of the cards in their respective languages.)

Then we had the two Pikachu cards in the Unified Minds set of August 2nd, 2019.

Followed by the Hidden Fates set on August 23rd, 2019.
With again four non-Holo versions of this same artwork from the Battle Academy set, released in July or August 2020.

Next we had two Pikachu cards in the Cosmic Eclipse set of November 1st, 2019.

Simultaneous with this set, the Pikachu-GX & Eevee-GX Special Collection box was released on November 1st, 2019, containing both a regular and Jumbo-sized SM232 Pikachu GX full art promo, as well as a regular sized SM234 Pikachu promo.

On November 22nd, 2019, the SM227 Holofoil Pikachu promo was released inside the Fall 2019 Collector Chest.

Then the Sword & Shield era started, with a set by the same name on February 7th, 2020.

On May 1st, 2020, the Sword & Shield Figure Collection was released in Germany, containing the SWSH020 full art Pikachu promo.

On September 4th, 2020, three V Power Tins were released, one of which contained the German SWSH063 Pikachu V full art promo.

Followed by the four Pikachu V/Vmax Ultra/Secret/Hyper Rares in the Vivid Voltage set of November 13th, 2020.

On February 19th, 2021, the Shining Fates Collection - Pikachu V box was released, containing both a regular and Jumbo-sized version of the German SWSH061 Pikachu V promo.

And the latest German Pikachu card that was released is a reprint of our well-known Base Set artwork. This Jumbo Pikachu with holofoil 25th anniversary logo was released with a (small) ‘Pokémon First Partner’ Jumbo binder earlier this month.

And there you have it. All German Pikachu cards that are in my Pikachu collection, of which I’m currently missing just three cards: the #24 Birthday Pikachu promo (which I’ve heard was given at some German tournaments back in the day); the #25 Flug-Pikachu promo; and the #28 Surf-Pikachu promo. These three cards are so rare, the German Pokémon wikis I’ve been using for this German part (pokewiki.de and bisafans.de) don’t even have pictures of the Flying and Surfing Pikachu promos on their Wizards Black Star Promo pages (here the one for pokewiki and here for bisafans). I hope I’m one day able to add them to my collection, but considering I’ve only seen the German Surfing and Flying Pikachu promos twice and the Birthday Pikachu four times in the past 6.5 years, it probably won’t be anytime soon. :sweat:

Greetz,
Quuador

15 Likes