ThatPikachuGuy's Pokémon Collection Room

Thought I would share what has become my main collection lately. I am still always working on set binders, but the cards I need to complete my goals are getting pricey so I don’t add to those as often. So, to curb my collecting addiction - I am always picking up a new plush or figure or something else for my Pokémon collection room!

Up first is my ever growing Pikachu plush wall. These I kind of just pick up as I go without too much direction. This year I made it a goal to collect the Pikachu plush from all of the Pokémon Worlds; I’m having a little trouble tracking down 2011 and 2013 for a good price but I knocked out most of them!
Recently I decided to also start going after the Pikachu plush that represent the opening and re-opening of various Pokemon Centers in Japan just to give myself a new collection goal to work on for next year. My favorites in this collection are the three Jumbo TOMY and one Giant TOMY Pikachu that sit on the floor front and center.

Next we have my Pokémon Video Game collection. I’m working on collecting every English released title on handheld or console as close to CIB as I can get. I’m currently at 63/68 for my goals. On the list to finish are Fire Red, Heart Gold, a box/manual for Stadium 2, Pokemon Box for the GameCube (a very expensive game I have so far been reluctant to buy), and my current chase piece - Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for the GameBoy Color CIB for a decent price. I also collect a few Pokemon themed GameBoys, but I am not trying to get all of those released as there are a lot and most don’t look that great to me. I do still want to add the Gold GameBoy Advance from Pokemon Center New York and the Orange 3rd Pokémon Anniversary GameBoy Color. Favorite piece in this collection is my Pokémon Yellow game, as that was the start of my Pokémon Journey.

The next one is probably my favorite sub collection to look at. This is where I amass anything and everything Pikachu. I am fortunate enough to have my favorite Pokémon be the mascot of the franchise, so there are endless items to collect and I find stuff for this collection everywhere I look. A great fun mix of old and new. I could never pick a favorite from this section, so many cool and interesting pieces. Newest addition to this shelf is the Pikachu Cup with a straw coming out of his head.

This is a collection I started for my fiancée. She didn’t grow up being into pokemon but she has been wonderful enough to embrace the hobby that I am so passionate about, even letting me take up one of the bedrooms in our house just for Pokémon. She gets excited to open booster packs with me whenever the new set comes out, and she has learned a lot from letting me ramble on about it all the time. Once, early in our relationship when we were sorting through a collection I picked up, she picked up a Marill card and called him a Balloon Boy. I happened across a Marill plush not long after and picked it up for her, and he quickly became her favorite Pokémon. So I started getting them whenever I could so that part of the collection could be for her, and now I get almost as excited for a new Marill piece as I do for a Pikachu. I like having a Pokémon to collect that requires a little more hunting to find something new and different - my favorite piece here is the fuzzy TOMY Jumbo plush, originally sold at the Pokémon Center New York.

This is the back wall of my collection room. There is a lot going on here - but most notable for me are the 1-251 TOMY figure collection that I recently finished putting together. Other than that its a lot of odds and ends, and then my Pokémon Catch arcade machine down on the end! It is mid-restoration so not currently fully-functioning, but I still love having it as a display piece. Also featured is my very small PSA card collection. Just a few cards but some of my favorites - including my all time favorite card Jungle Pikachu as a 1st edition PSA 10

Over in this corner, we have my Pokémon Board Games up top. Mostly have everything I want for this collection, I think there is one more later version of Pokemon Master Trainer I am looking for. Moving down we have all of my empty TCG and Topps booster boxes, just missing an EX Deoxys to finish my goal for those! Then Funko POP Vinyls and Pokemon VHS tapes fill out the rest of that shelf.

Here is a shot of my peg board where I hang all of my vintage sealed toys and products in this similar packaging style I am very fond of. A few stand ins like the Meowth Yo-Yo until I can find a Pikachu to replace it. I also want to get the other 4 sealed trainers in the TOMY figures to go with the Misty and Jesse because I think the 6 will make a cool display. My favorite piece on this wall is actually cut off at the top, but it is a complete 152 mini Hasbro figure frame.

This is a custom built display shelf I made to store all of the Burger King Pokémon toys from 1999 and 2000 releases. I am still working on tracking down some of the beanies from the Pokemon World set released at burger kings outside of the US. On top you can see one of my most prized pieces, the top portion of a Pokémon The First Movie standee that would have held a bunch of the VHS tapes in retail locations such as Walmart or Blockbuster. Also random Pikachu Piñata and cake pan in this corner.

Last of all, is my pin board, hanging in my “office” which is the closet I shoved my desk into to make more space in the collection room. Not too much to say here, I just got this cork board when my old job was throwing it out and thought it would make for a good gym badge display! I’ve been missing the earth badge from one of the official sets forever. I know I had one, but can’t manage to figure out where it ended up so it needs to be replaced. Other than that I just pick up pins occasionally that I find interesting.

Apologies for the mega long post! I just wanted to make a thread to share my new collection gets as I add to the room and it’s more often than not things other than cards so I figured the recent purchase thread really wasn’t the right place for it.

I hope you enjoyed this introduction to my collection, looking forward to sharing more as I acquire stuff!

41 Likes

@thatpikachuguy, looks like you are missing the Viridian City Pokemon League Badge . . . do you need one? I have a box of league badges in storage somewhere and could probably hook you up with one.

That is an awesome collection!

It’s like peering into the windows of heaven :star_struck:

2 Likes

Amazing game collection and TOMY figure collection. Loved seeing all the merchandise through the years, great aesthetic display on it as well! Its really awesome to see so many complete or mostly complete collection styles from the games, to burger king toys, to figures and pin sets. Best of luck with your searches!

1 Like

@butchdawg32 that would be awesome if you could. I had one at one point but its been missing for a year since I moved so its probably gone for good and I need to replace it

2 Likes

Holy mother of god

5 Likes

Yeah the complete 251-figure collection is my favorite part. That’s the dream right there. Underrated collector’s pieces. I played with those things more than I played the games back in the day.

Holy moly… that is a lot of plushes and figures

Amazing collection! Love these dedicated collections!

Send me a reminder PM this weekend, and I’ll check and see if I have one.

1 Like

@mtajaj32 yeah the TOMY figures are a very special set to me too. Same nostalgia vibes from those as I get with base set cards or Gen 1 games.

I’m debating continuing on to later generations of figures but I’ve just finished this set after 5 years of working on it so im definitely taking a break at least

1 Like

@lyleberr thanks! I’ve lived in this house about a year and I’ve been tweaking the organization of this room the whole time, I think I’ve finally got it looking complete!

Now just to fill in the holes in various collections

I’m not normally much of a plush guy, but that wall looks amazing.

The whole room is incredible tho, congrats on putting it together. I love the 2 GB colours too

1 Like

I’m at a loss for words. Holy crapy this is so good! I feel like I just went back in time to visit my childhood favorite comic/card shop!

4 Likes

Damn dude, nice setup!

1 Like

Dude, awesome collection!! I like the change of pace and I love the plushies! Check out Pokemon Fit mystery box, u get some awesome random plushies as well. Let’s just hope you never move lol!

1 Like

I have about two more years renting this house until we start thinking about buying a place, so at least I won’t have rush to dismantle the room anytime too soon.

When we buy our house, I’ll be turning the basement into my personal Pokémon man cave/museum - so I won’t be too sad to move, I love having it as a project to work on!

1 Like

Today’s mail day brought me this years Pikachu Christmas Plush and two Pokémon Jammers.

There are 12 Jammers total and I thought I was picking these up to open for my loose set but now I can’t bring myself to rip them :sweat_smile:

I also got this Marill Pokemon 2000 pin in as well. There are 5 of these total but in probably sticking with these two unless I decide to further grow my Pokemon 2000 merchandise collection

3 Likes

Man I love that movie art counter top standee–that really stands out to me. And are you missing Fire Red? If you are and are looking for one, I have an extra complete copy with box, manual, poster, mini-flyers, but it isn’t the version that includes the adapter. Just PM if you are interested in a trade and I’d be happy to pass it along to you. I’ve owned it since before they started making fakes, so there’s no question it’s 100% authentic. I’d have to check and see if the battery still works though. Great collection, thanks for sharing!