Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

Time for another ‘Pikachu around the World’ post. I will add the same quote again, which I’ll do for all parts:

The first five parts were Chinese (click here to go to that part); Dutch (click here to go to that part); English (click here to go to that part); French (click here to go to that part); and German (click here to go to that part).

Although the next language in alphabetic order would be Indonesian, it will still take a while before I receive the last few Indonesian cards. My Indonesian contact is pretty occupied with work right now; and he also wanted to try to pull the Pikachu himself before spending 400+ USD for the Vmax Hyper Rare. He also has to travel to Jakarta (a different Indonesian island than where he lives) in order to internationally ship cards out to me, so that adds some extra time as well. Long story short, I’m expecting my Indonesian cards late-June or July. Since that’s still a few months away, I decided to switch the order of my ‘Pikachu around the World’ series a bit.
Just skipping it and go to Italian would be the obvious choice, but since Italian is pretty similar as the previous two parts: French and German, I decided to just not follow the order at all anymore, and have a bit of variety in the parts. For today, I’ll just do the smallest part:

Polish:

Let me start with a picture of all Polish Pikachu cards in my collection. This language is complete, which isn’t too surprising considering there are only four Polish Pikachu cards.

The first Polish set was released on January 12th, 2010, which was the Diamond & Pearl set (this set was released three years prior in English, on May 23rd, 2007). It also including the three Theme Decks: Royal Frost; Inferno Zone; and Terra Firma (of which all cards could also be found in the set). This set didn’t contain any Pikachu cards.

On July 8th, 2010 the Japanese Pikachu World Collection 2010 was released, and in November 2010 the English version. Both contained an unique Polish Pikachu artwork, which is also the only Polish card released outside of sets a.f.a.i.k.

The second, and also last Polish set was released on June 1st, 2012, which was Mysterious Treasures (released five years prior in English on August 22nd, 2007). The two Theme Decks of this set weren’t released in Polish. This set did contain both a non-Holo and Reverse Holo Pikachu:

And that is it already. Just two Polish sets and three theme decks were released, and only those two Pikachu World Collection 2010 cards as additional releases.
It may be pretty briefly, but it’s still nice to have such a niche language available on Pokémon TCG cards.

Greetz,
Quuador

16 Likes