Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

Time for another ‘Pikachu around the World’ post. I will add the same quote again, which I’ll do for all parts:

The first six parts were Chinese (click here to go to that part); Dutch (click here to go to that part); English (click here to go to that part); French (click here to go to that part); German (click here to go to that part); and Polish (click here to go to that part).

The next language we’re going to do (still skipping Indonesian if we look at it in alphabetical order) will be one that’s still rather similar as the French and German parts:

Italian:

Let me start with a picture of all Italian Pikachu cards in my collection. This language is complete, which I’m pretty happy with considering there are 156 Italian Pikachu cards.

This part will be pretty similar as the French and German parts, in that I will only go over the actual Pikachu releases, instead of the entire history like I did with the smaller languages. I will also not mention set numbers and alike, unless it’s an Italian-exclusive release, since those can already be read at the earlier English part.

The first set with Italian Pikachu cards was again the Base Set, in both 1st and unlimited edition. The Italian Base Set was released somewhere at the start of 2000 (I’ve been unable to find the Italian release dates for the WotC and EX eras, so if anyone knows an Italian Pokémon wiki besides Pokémon Central Wiki, lmk please).

Next we’ll have the Italian Jungle set, also released somewhere in 2000, again in both 1st and unlimited edition.
There is also a W-stamped Italian Jungle Pikachu, which unlike the English W-stamped Jungle Pikachu is in unlimited edition instead of 1st edition. This card was included in volume 2344 of the Topolino comic (which is the Italian name for Disney comics like Micky Mouse and Donald Duck), released on October 31st, 2000.

On April 20th, 2000, the first Pokémon movie: Mewtwo vs Mew was released in cinemas in Italy. One of the four promos given was the Italian #4 WotC promo.

No idea how it was distributed, but somewhere in 2001 we had the Italian birthday Pikachu promo #24 release. The Italian version of the birthday Pikachu is actually the easiest to find and least valuable; even easier than the English and Japanese releases, and much, much easier than the German version…

In April 2001, the second Pokémon movie: Power of the One, was released as Italian version on VHS and DVD, which included the #27 promo Pikachu.
This same Italian Pikachu with golden Pikachu tail stamp was included in the Pikachu World Collection 2000 set, released at the Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia on September 13th, 2000.

Next we have the Italian Neo Genesis set, released somewhere in June 2001, again in both 1st and unlimited edition.

Near the end of 2001 or start of 2002 the #25 Flying Pikachu, #26 ‘Snap’ Pikachu, and #28 Surfing Pikachu promos were released in Italy, most likely at some events similar as the Pokémon League in the US (although this is just a guess, I have no idea how these three cards were distributed, nor exactly when).

Then near the end of 2002 we had the Italian Expedition Base Set, both non-Holo and Reverse Holo:

Next we have the Italian Skyridge set, released somewhere in 2003:

Next we have the EX Sandstorm set, released with three different non-Holo codes and a Reverse Holo somewhere in 2004.
As well as one from the EX Trainer Kit Latios Half Deck, also released somewhere in 2004.

Then the Italian EX Team Aqua vs Team Magma set, in both non-Holo (with a single code) and Reverse Holo, released somewhere in 2005.

Then we have the Italian EX FireRed & LeafGreen set, with three non-Holo codes and a Reverse Holofoil, released somewhere in 2005 (even though it has a copyright year of ©2004, just like the French copy).

Next we have the Italian EX Emerald set, again with three non-Holo codes and a Reverse Holofoil, released somewhere near the end of 2005.

Near the end of 2005 and start of 2006, the Italian POP Series 2 mini set was released, containing a non-Holo Pikachu.

Then we have the Box Topper Secret Rare from the Italian EX Legend Maker set, released somewhere in 2006.

Again not sure how these were released, but somewhere in 2006 the Italian 012 promo Pikachu with 10th Anniversary stamp was released. In English these were given to attendees of the Journey Across America tour, but I highly doubt the same can be said for this Italian release, haha.

Then came the Italian EX Holon Phantoms set with three different Pikachu artworks, including the Gold Star Secret Rare, released somewhere in 2006 as well.

Followed by the non-Holo Pikachu from the Italian POP Series 4, available near the end of 2006 and start of 2007.

Followed by the two Pikachu from the Italian POP Series 5 mini set, available mid-2007.

Next we have the Diamond & Pearl era, for which release dates are thankfully known. The first one is the Italian Mysterious Treasures set, with a non-Holo and Reverse Holo, surprisingly enough released on August 1st, 2007, three weeks before this set was released in English in the US.

Then we have the non-Holo Pikachu from the Italian POP Series 6 mini set, available near the end of 2007 and start of 2008.

Next we have the Italian Majestic Dawn set, released on the same day as its English release on May 21st, 2008.

Next we have the Italian Stormfront set, released on November 1st, 2008, four days before the English set was released in the US.

Then we have the Platinum era, with the three Secret Rare Pikachu cards from the Italian Rising Rivals set, released again four days before the English release on May 16th, 2009.

Then we have the non-Holo Pikachu from the final POP Series 9, available mid-2009.
A Pokémon Day 2009 stamped Pikachu was also given at the Italian Pokémon Day of July 18th and 18th, 2009.

As you may have noticed when you compare it to the English sets, we’ve skipped the Supreme Victors and Stormfront sets, which didn’t had an Italian release.
Next we have the Italian Arceus set, released on November 4th, 2009 on the same day as its English release.

Then we have the HeartGold & SoulSilver era, starting with the Italian set by the same name, released on February 10th, 2010, on the same day as its English release.
Two non-Holo cards of this artwork were also included in the HS Trainer Kit - Raichu Half Deck, released in May 2010.
And there is also an Italian version with Pokémon Day stamp, given at the Italian Pokémon Day of June 12th and 13th, 2010 (which isn’t even mentioned on Bulbapedia…).

Simultaneously with the HeartGold & SoulSilver set on February 10th, 2010 they also released Three Pack and Two pack blisters, of which one contained the Holofoil HGSS03 promo Pikachu.

On July 8th, 2010 the Japanese version of the Pikachu World Collection 2000 mini set was released, and in November 2010 the US version. This set of nine Pikachu cards in nine different language also included an Italian Holofoil Pikachu with unique artwork:

Next we have the Italian Undaunted set, released on August 18th, 2010 on the same day as its English release.

Followed by the Secret Rare from the Black & White era, from the Italian set with the same name. This Italian set was released on May 25th, 2011, a month after its English release.

Then we have the Italian Next Destinies set, release on May 1st, 2012, almost three months after its English release.

Next we have the Italian Boundaries Crossed set, released on February 1st, 2013, almost three months after its English release again.

Simultaneously with the Italian Boundaries Crossed set on February 1st, 2013 we had some Three and Two Pack blisters. One of them contained the BW54 promo Pikachu, which unlike its English release is Holofoil in Italian.

Then we have the XY era, starting with the Italian set with the same name. This set was released in both English and Italian on February 5th, 2014.
There is also an Italian Holofoil version of this Pikachu, although I’m not sure how these were distributed mid-2014.

Then we have the Italian Furious Fists set, released on September 1st, 2014, two and a half weeks after its English release.

Next we have the Italian Roaring Skies set, released on May 6th, 2015, on the same day as its English release.
Near the end of 2016 there was also an Italian release of the McDonald’s Collection 2016, containing this same Pikachu artwork as McDonald’s Holofoil.

Next we have the Italian BREAKthrough set, released on November 4th, 2015, on the same day as its English release.

Then we have the Italian Generations set, released in both English and Italian on February 22nd, 2016. This set contains no just a non-Holo plus Reverse Holo Common Pikachu, but also a Full Art in the Radiant Collection portion of the set.

On September 16th, 2016, the XY174 Pikachu EX promo was released in Battle Heart tins.

A month later, on October 12th, 2016, the Italian Pikachu-EX Red & Blue Collection box was released, containing both a Jumbo and regular sized version of the XY124 Full Art Pikachu EX promo. This box was delayed by about a month (which I also mention on page 2 of my collection thread :blush: ), since it was supposed to release on September 14th, 2016 instead.

Then we have the last set of the XY era: XY Evolutions, released on November 2nd, 2016 in both English and Italian. This set contains a non-Holo plus Reverse Holo Common Pikachu, as well as a non-Holo Secret Rare Flying and Surfing Pikachu.
The Shattered Foil version is also released in Italian, in the Pikachu Power theme deck, released on the same day as the set.

Now we’re in the Sun & Moon era, with two non-Holo Pikachu from the Italian Sun & Moon Trainer Kit - Alolan Raichu Half Deck, released on April 21st, 2017.
As well as a Holofoil promo version with number SM86, released on November 17th, 2017 inside the Shining Legends Collector Chest.

The first Sun & Moon era set containing a Pikachu is the Italian Burning Shadows set, released on August 4th, 2017 in both English and Italian.

In September and October of 2017, the McDonald’s Collection 2017 was available in Europe (including Italy), which contained the 5/12 McDonald’s Holofoil Pikachu:

Then we have the Italian Shining Legends set, released in both English and Italian on October 6th, 2017.
This same artwork also had a Waterweb Holofoil release in the Shining Legends Special Collection - Raichu GX, released on January 5th, 2018.
As well as a Shatter Foil release in the Let’s Play, Pikachu! theme deck on May 3th, 2019.
The McDonald’s version of this artwork wasn’t released in Italian.

Simultaneously with the Shining Legends set on October 6th, 2017, the Shining Legends Pin Collection - Pikachu box was released as well, containing the Holofoil SM76 Pikachu promo:

Also on that same October 6th, 2017 day was the Shining Legends Super-Premium Collection box release, containing another Holofoil promo Pikachu: SM81.

Next we have the Italian Crimson Invasion set, released on November 3th, 2017 in both English and Italian.
This artwork also had a McDonald’s Holofoil version in the McDonald’s Collection 2018, released near the end of 2018.

On November 5th, 2017, the 20th Pokémon movie: I Choose You! was released in cinemas in Italy, where you’d receive the SM108 Ash’s Pikachu promo with tickets.

Near the end of 2017 and start of 2018 you would also get one of six Ash’s Pikachu promos (numbered SM109 through SM114) from certain stores in Italy.

On November 2nd, 2018, the Pikachu & Eevee Poké Ball Collection box was released, containing the SM157 Holofoil Pikachu promo.

Then we have the Italian Team Up set, with two Full Art Ultra Rare and one Hyper Secret Rare Pikachu & Zekrom GX cards, released on February 1st, 2019 in both English and Italian.

On March 1st, 2019, a month after the Team Up set, three Tag Team Tins were released, of which one contained a Pikachu & Zekrom GX SM168 Full Art promo.

On March 29th, 2019 we had the Italian Detective Pikachu mini set, containing a Holofoil Detective Pikachu.

On that same day, March 29th, 2019, we also had the Italian Detective Pikachu Case File box, containing the SM194 Detective Pikachu promo:

Next comes the Italian Unbroken Bonds set, released on May 3th, 2019 on the same day as its English release.

On May 9th, 2019, the Detective Pikachu movie was released in cinemas in Italy. Attendees would receive the SM190 Detective Pikachu promo with their ticket.
The SM190 Detective Pikachu promos with stamp were included in special editions of the Detective Pikachu movie DVDs (1 card) and Blu-Rays (2 cards). Just like the French release, the Italian DVDs and Blu-Rays contained a random language (English, German, French, or Italian) instead of the intended Italian copy. Ironically, I’ve bought the sealed Italian SM190 Detective Pikachu promo with stamp below from a French seller, and a raw French SM190 Detective Pikachu promo with stamp from an Italian seller… :laughing: Despite being a pretty recent release, this might actually be the rarest Italian Pikachu card.

Then we have the Italian Unified Minds set on August 2nd, 2019, which contains two Pikachu artworks, both as non-Holo and Reverse Holo.

Followed by the Italian Hidden Fates set, released on August 23rd, 2019.
Four additional non-Holo cards of this Pikachu with numbers were included in the Battle Academy box, released on July 31st, 2020.

Next we have the Italian Cosmic Eclipse set, with both a non-Holo plus Reverse Holo, as well as Full Art Character Rare Pikachu. This set was released in both English and Italian on November 1st, 2019.

Simultaneously on November 1st, 2019, the Pikachu-GX & Eevee-GX Special Collection box was released, containing both a Jumbo and regular sized version of the SM232 Full Art Pikachu GX promo, as well as a regular sized SM232 Holofoil promo Pikachu.

And the last Sun & Moon era promo Pikachu with number SM227 was released on November 22nd, 2019 with the Fall 2019 Collector Chest.

Then we have the Sword & Shield era, starting with the Italian set by the same name. This set was released in both English and Italian on February 7th, 2020.

On May 1st, 2020 the Sword & Shield Figure Collection box was released, containing the SWSH020 Full Art promo Pikachu.

On September 4th, 2020 three V Power Tins were released, of which one contained the SWSH063 Full Art Pikachu V promo:

Next we have the stacked Italian Vivid Voltage set, released on November 13th, 2020. This set contained two Full Art Ultra Rare, one Secret Rare, and one Hyper Secret Rare Pikachu.

On February 19th, 2021, the Shining Fates Collection - Pikachu V box was released, containing both a Jumbo and regular sized SWSH061 Full Art Pikachu V promo:

And the latest Italian Pikachu card that was released is a reprint of the Base Set artwork. This Jumbo Pikachu with holofoil 25th anniversary logo was released with a (small) ‘Pokémon First Partner’ Jumbo binder, released somewhere in March 2021.

And there you have it. All Italian Pikachu cards (minus the two McDonald’s Collection 2021 Pikachu cards, since I stopped collecting all languages after February 27th, 2021 and will only continue with all English, all Base Set artwork variations, and one of each Japanese exclusive artwork). Since it’s a pretty big languages, I’m happy to have this language 100% complete in my Pikachu collection as well.

Unless the Indonesian set that contains Seviper will release in the very near future, in which case my Indonesian package will be shipped out and I can make the Indonesian ‘Pikachu around the World’ part, the next part should be a very exciting one for most with loads of exclusive Pikachu releases: Japanese. But more on that later. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

16 Likes