Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

Next is the Spanish ‘Pikachu around the World’ part. I will add the same quote again, which I’ll do for all parts:

The first twelve parts were Chinese (click here to go to that part); Dutch (click here to go to that part); English (click here to go to that part); French (click here to go to that part); German (click here to go to that part); Indonesian (click here to go to that part); Italian (click here to go to that part); Japanese (click here to go to that part); Korean (click here to go to that part); Polish (click here to go to that part); Portuguese (click here to go to that part); and Russian (click here to go to that part).

The Spanish portion of my Pikachu collection is one of the four incomplete languages, since I’m missing the #25 Flying Pikachu (Pikachu Volador) and #28 Surfing Pikachu (Pikachu Surfista) WotC promos. I do have all other Spanish Pikachu cards (released prior to February 27th, 2021), so I’m at 100 out of 102 Spanish Pikachu cards for my collection (98% completion, the lowest percentage of the 14 languages).

Spanish:

Let me start with a picture of all Spanish Pikachu cards in my collection (minus the SWSH020 Pikachu promo, which I’ve very recently bought and didn’t knew existed in Spanish prior):

Just like Portuguese releases, the Spanish releases are:

1. Rather random in terms of which sets are released, and some sets also lack Reverse Holos;
  2. Very hard to find information on, so a lot of the release dates and information in this part are missing again (not as much as in the Portuguese part fortunately);
  3. Released in both Europe (Spain) and Latin America (Argentina, Mexico, Chile, and Peru), of which some cards were exclusively released in one or multiple of these countries.

Just like the other European languages, it starts with the Base Set in both 1st and unlimited edition. With the Spanish Base Set however, there are both ©1999 and ©1999-2000 cards available for both editions, pretty similar as the English unlimited edition. This only applies to the non-Holo cards however, as all Spanish Base Set Holofoil Rares are ©1999 only. The Spanish ©1999 Base Set was released on October 1st, 1999, distributed in Spain. What the release date of the ©1999-2000 Spanish Base Set is I don’t know, but those were distributed in Latin America (I’m also not sure if it was released in all four mentioned countries, or only a couple of them).

Next we have the Spanish Jungle set released somewhere in 2000, with both 1st and unlimited edition Pikachu cards.

Then the Spanish Fossil set also released somewhere in 2000. This set lacked any Pikachu cards.

On April 14th, 2000, the Pokémon: The Movie - Mew vs Mewtwo was shown in cinemas, and people who bought tickets would get one of four WB promos, of which the #4 WotC promo Pikachu was one of them.

The #26 WotC promo Pikachu was also released in Spanish somewhere in 2000. I have no idea how or where it was released however.
This Pikachu is also available with golden tail stamp, which came in the Pikachu World Collection 2000, released on September 13th, 2000 at the Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia, as mentioned in most of the previous parts.

The final Spanish WotC era set was Neo Genesis, released exclusively in Spain somewhere in 2001. This set is available in both 1st and unlimited edition (although the 1st editions were very short-printed and hard to find), and did contain a Pikachu.

Next we have the EX era, for which there are only two Spanish sets, both lacking any Pikachu cards, and both having multiple codes available at the bottom-left for non-holo Commons and Uncommons, like the other languages:

• EX Ruby & Sapphire, released somewhere in late 2003. This set was over-printed a lot in Spanish, and Spanish sealed booster packs of this set can still be very easily and pretty cheap even today.
  • EX Unseen Forces, released somewhere in late 2005.

As mentioned in the Portuguese ‘Pikachu around the World’ part, there are also four Portuguese/Spanish exclusive Half Decks. The first two Spanish Half Decks were released in just Spain in November 2005: Mudkip Picture Book and Torchic Picture Book. The third Treecko Picture Book and fourth Ralts Picture Book were released in just Spain in April 2006. All cards of these four Half Decks can also be found in the earlier mentioned Spanish EX Ruby & Sapphire set.

Near the end of the ex era in late 2006, the POP Series 3 was also released in Spanish, but again lacked any Pikachu cards.

Next we have the Diamond & Pearl era, starting with the Spanish set by the same name. This Spanish set was released on May 1st, 2007, and lacked both Reverse Holo and Pikachu cards.

After that came the Spanish Mysterious Treasures set, released on August 1st, 2007. This set lacked any Reverse Holos again, but did include a non-Holo Pikachu.
This same Pikachu was also released as Reverse Holo with Diamond & Perla stamp in the bottom-right of its artwork as part of the Burger King 2008 Collection mini set, released somewhere in mid to late 2008. I’m pretty sure these were released in both Spain and Argentina, but it’s possible they were also released in Mexico, Chile, and/or Peru.

Next we have three Spanish sets, lacking both Reverse Holos and Pikachu cards:

Followed by the Spanish Stormfront set on November 1st, 2008. This set did contain a non-Holo Pikachu.

Next we have the Platinum era, for which only a single Spanish set was released: Platinum itself. This Spanish set lacked both Reverse Holos and Pikachu cards.

Also released during the Platinum era, in mid to late 2009, was the Spanish Burger King 2009 Collection. This mini set was exclusively released in Argentina, and included a Reverse Holo Majestic Dawn Pikachu with Platinum stamp in the bottom-right of the artwork (even though the Majestic Dawn set wasn’t released in Spanish).

Next we have the HeartGold & SoulSilver era, starting with the Spanish set by the same name, released on February 10th, 2010 on the same day as the English HeartGold & SoulSilver set. This set was released in all five earlier mentioned countries. This set in Spain lacked any Reverse Holos, but this same set in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Peru did contain Reverse Holos. This set did include a Pikachu, for which the Reverse Holo is therefore a Latin American exclusive release.

Also released around this time was the Pikachu World Collection 2010, released in Japan on July 8th, 2010 and in English in November 2010. This mini set of nine Pikachu cards in nine different languages also included a Spanish exclusive artwork for Pikachu.

Also released in the HGSS era was the Spanish Unleashed set on February 7th, 2011. Just like the Spanish HeartGold & SoulSilver set this set lacked any Reverse Holos in the booster packs/boxes from Spain, but did contain Reverse Holos in the booster packs/boxes from the Latin American countries. This set didn’t contained any Pikachu cards.

Next we have the Black & White era, once again starting with a Spanish set by the same name on May 25th, 2011. From hereon onward, all Spanish sets contained Reverse Holos again, which still holds true today in the Sword & Shield era. This set included a Secret Rare Pikachu card.

Then we have two Spanish sets lacking Pikachu cards:

The Spanish Next Destinies set from May 9th, 2012 did contain Pikachu cards however.

The Spanish Dragon’s Exalted set from October 1st, 2012 was again with Pikachu cards.

But the Spanish Boundaries Crossed set from February 1st, 2013 did contain Pikachu cards.

After that we had two Spanish BW era sets without any Pikachu cards again:

Next we have the XY era, starting with the Spanish Kalos Starter Set, released somewhere late 2013 or early 2014. This mini set lacked any Pikachu cards.

After that we have the Spanish XY set, released on February 5th, 2014 like its English counterpart. This set contained both a non-Holo and Reverse Holo Pikachu.

Then we have the Spanish Flashfire set on May 14th, 2014, without any Pikachu cards.

Followed by the Spanish Furious Fists set on September 1st, 2014, which did contain Pikachu cards.

Then two Spanish sets without Pikachu cards again:

The Spanish Roaring Skies set of May 6th, 2015 did contain Pikachu cards, though.
This Pikachu artwork was also reprinted in the Spanish McDonald’s Collection 2016, released somewhere in late 2016.

As mentioned in the English ‘Pikachu around the World’ part, between February 18th and March 29th, 2015 there was the Pokémon Art Academy Competition. Entrants could create an artwork within the Pokémon Art Academy game in Free Paint mode and upload it to Miiverse (the social media of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS). There were two categories: Dress-Up Pikachu and Your Favorite Pokémon. Three winners were chosen for each of these two categories, for both the North American and European/Oceanic competitions. In terms of Pikachu cards, this resulted in one Spanish and five English Pikachu cards. Winners were announced on June 8th, 2015. Each winner received 100 copies of the promo card featuring their winning illustration, although some extra copies have been floating around.
One of the winners from the European competition was from Spain, and her card was made into a Spanish Pikachu card. I was able to buy it directly from the winner herself, and she also included a cute and unique hand-drawn artwork of the Pikachu sitting on a star. :blush:

Next on September 1st, 2015 we had the Spanish Ancient Origins set, which didn’t contained any Pikachu cards.

The set after that, the Spanish BREAKthrough set from November 5th, 2015, did contain Pikachu cards.

Then again a set without Pikachu cards: the Spanish BREAKpoint set, released on February 3rd, 2016.

Followed by the Spanish Fates Collide and Spanish Generations sets, both released on May 2nd, 2016. The Fates Collide was supposed to be released the month prior, but due to factory delays, both of these sets were released on the same day instead. The Fates Collide set lacked any Pikachu cards, but the Generations set did contain both a non-Holo + Reverse Holo Pikachu as well as a Radiant Collection Full Art Ultra Rare Pikachu.

On September 1st, 2016 the Spanish Steam Siege set was released, which was without Pikachu cards.

Soon after on September 14th, 2016 the Spanish XY124 Full Art Pikachu EX promo was released as both regular- and Jumbo-sized instead the Pikachu-EX Red & Blue Collections. The Jumbo version was exclusive to Spain, since the Latin American releases contained a figure instead.

Two days later on September 16th, 2016 the Battle Heart Tins were released, including the XY174 Pikachu EX promo.

The final set for the XY era was the Spanish Evolutions set, released on November 2nd, 2016. This set contained both a non-Holo and Reverse Holo Pikachu with a reprinted artwork from the Base Set, as well as a non-Holo Secret Rare Flying Pikachu and Surfing Pikachu reprints.
The Base Set artwork was also printed as Shattered Glass/Ice Holofoil inside the Pikachu Power Theme Deck, released simultaneously with the set.

Then we’re at the Sun & Moon era, starting with the Spanish set by the same name on February 3rd, 2017. This set was without any Pikachu cards.

Next on April 21st, 2017 we had the Spanish Sun & Moon Trainer Kit: Lycanroc & Alolan Raichu, for which the Alolan Raichu Half Deck contained two Pikachu cards.
This same Pikachu artwork was printed as SM86 Holofoil Promo inside the Spanish Shining Legends Collector Chest on November 17th, 2017.

The next set didn’t contained any Pikachu cards either: the Spanish Guardians Rising set of May 5th, 2017.

The set after that on August 4th, 2017 did contain Pikachu cards however, which was the Spanish Burning Shadows set.

Then in September and October of 2017 there was the Spanish McDonald’s Collection 2017, which came with a Pikachu card.

Then on October 6th, 2017 we had the Spanish Shining Legends Pin Collection - Pikachu, which as its name suggests came with a Pikachu card: the SM76 promo.

On that same day, October 6th, 2017, we also had the Spanish Shining Legends Super-Premium Collection, which came with the SM81 Pikachu promo.

Then the actual Spanish Shining Legends set was released on October 31st, 2017, unlike the English Shining Legends set which was released on October 6th. This set did contain both a Reverse Holo and non-Holo Pikachu card.
This same artwork was also used for three other cards:

Next on November 3rd, 2017 we have the Spanish Crimson Invasion set, which did include Pikachu cards.
This same artwork was also used for the Spanish McDonald’s Collection 2018, available in October and November, 2018.

Also released on November 3rd, 2017 in Mexico and on November 5th, 2017 in Spain, Argentina, Chile, and Peru was the Spanish non-Holo SM108 Ash’s Pikachu promo, given to people visiting the cinematic release of the I Choose You! Pokémon movie.

Starting November 5th, 2017 in Spanish shops, people could get the SM109 through SM114 Ash’s Pikachu promos by purchasing Pokémon products. Which Spanish shops were participating for this purchase campaign I don’t know.

Then we have a bunch of Spanish sets, all lacking any Pikachu cards:

Also released on November 2nd, 2018 is the Spanish Pikachu & Eevee Poké Ball Collection, which contained the SM157 Pikachu promo.

Next on February 1st, 2019 we have the Spanish Team Up set, which contained three Pikachu & Zekrom GX cards, an Ultra Rare, Secret Rare, and Hyper Secret Rare.

On March 1st, 2019 another Pikachu & Zekrom GX card was released, this time as SM168 promo inside the Spanish Tag Team Tins.

Then on March 29th, 2019 we had the Spanish Detective Pikachu mini set, which as its name suggest included a Detective Pikachu card.

Also on March 29th, 2019 in Spain and April 6th, 2019 in the Latin American countries we had the Spanish Detective Pikachu Case File, including SM194 Detective Pikachu promo.

Next we had the Spanish Unbroken Bonds set on May 3rd, 2019, which did include Pikachu.

A few days later on May 9th, 2019 (in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, and Peru) and May 10th, 2019 (in Spain) was the Detective Pikachu cinematic release, where visitors would receive the Spanish SM190 Detective Pikachu promo with their tickets.

Then on August 2nd, 2019 was the released of the Spanish Unified Minds set. This set included two different Pikachu artworks.

Released on that same day, August 2nd, 2019, the SM206 Pikachu promo was available within Spanish Unified Minds Single Pack Blisters, exclusively released in Mexico, Chile, and Peru. This artwork was only released in English, Japanese, Spanish, and Thai.

Then we have the Spanish Hidden Fates set on August 23rd, 2019, which did contain a non-Holo and Reverse Holo Pikachu card.

Followed by the Spanish Cosmic Eclipse set on November 1st, 2019, which contained both a non-Holo + Reverse Holo Pikachu, as well as a Character Secret Rare full art Pikachu.

On that same day, November 1st, 2019, we also had the Spanish Pikachu-GX & Eevee-GX Special Collection, which contained a regular sized SM234 Pikachu promo and full art SM232 Pikachu promo, as well as a Jumbo version of the full art SM232.

And also on that same day, November 1st, 2019, we had the SM227 Pikachu promo inside the Spanish Fall 2019 Collector Chest, exclusively released in just Mexico.

Next we’re at the current Sword & Shield era, starting with the Spanish set by the same name on February 7th, 2020, which included a Pikachu.

Next we have three Spanish sets without Pikachu cards:

Also released somewhere in late 2020 was the Spanish Sword & Shield Figure Collection, which came with the SWSH020 full art promo Pikachu. This box was released on May 1st, 2020, but the Spanish box was so much delayed in its release that I didn’t even knew it existed until a couple of weeks ago. So I have no idea when it was actually released, but I estimate somewhere between August and December, 2020.

Next on November 13th, 2020 we have the Spanish Vivid Voltage set, which contained four full art Pikachu cards: an Ultra Rare Pikachu V; an Ultra Rare Pikachu Vmax; a Secret Rare Pikachu V; and a Hyper Secret Rare Pikachu Vmax.

And the final Spanish set released before February 27th, 2021 (25th Pokémon Day) after which I stopped collecting all languages for Pikachu is the Spanish Shining Fates set, released on February 19th, 2021. This set didn’t contained any Pikachu cards.

And there you have it! All Spanish Pikachu cards, of which I’m missing just two to complete this language: the Surfing and Flying Pikachu WotC promos.

Now there is just one more language for the ‘Pikachu around the World’ series (Thai), before we’re going to do the special parts after that.

Greetz,
Quuador

13 Likes