E4s best threads

I saw someone’s earlier question about how to manage their time better/spend less time scrolling the screen, which I think is massively important.

I am, however, on the other end of the spectrum currently, wanting to digest as much information as possible and find myself typing different topics into the search function and looking through the archives of E4.

I’m hoping members that have been around far longer than me, can help myself and hopefully future members take a crash course on some of the greatest threads and discussions that have taken place within the confines of E4.

Whether they be information heavy, realtime discoveries within the hobby, incredible collections (@qwachansey was an absolute joy to read), insane trades or just discussions you recall that make you laugh or smile, all thread suggestions are most welcome.

A huge thanks in advance to anyone that can help me spend more time learning not just about the hobby but also the people and characters that have helped make it what it is today.

2 Likes

If I was brand new and don’t know where to start with the amount of information that is there, I will start with the year reviews. I am not sure if this was done on the previous forum, but since the forum transitioned to this website in 2022, @pfm makes a yearly review which gives you a snapshot of all of the highlights in each category.

Year 2022, Year 2023

These basically is a great overview of all of the best things discussed on the forums.

Other than these:

My personal bookmarks:
Giant Japanese Market Thread
Master List of Rarest Pokemon Cards
Most Recent Purchase

For inspiration (and what personally for me is the true essence of E4):
Index of Elite Forum Collections
A Friendly Space for species collectors
E4 art contest (This is for 2023, but there are other thread with previous editions)
E4 Secret Santa (2023 Edition)
Giant Art Thread

Extensive Lists for collection

List of TCG Cameos (English)
Artist Collectors of E4

List of all TCG cards that exist for a specific Pokémon

Fun Reads
Unpopular Opinions
E4 Memes

These are just some of my own personal threads that I spend the most time on. I am sure others will also recommend a lot more. In the end you can easily keep digging and keep finding so much more information. Happy reading!

Cheers!

21 Likes

This is exactly the type of reply I was hoping to get. Awesome to know a yearly review is done. I’m sure I’m going to find some incredible reads in there.

Thanks so much for taking the time!

1 Like

I really like this one for being able to see all Japanese exclusive promos at a glance: Japanese Exclusive Promo Gallery - Numbered

7 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I look at the promo threads with a mix of amazement and trepidation as I’m not sure that’s a rabbit hole I can currently afford to wander down.

The amount of work that’s been put into threads such as that one is inspiring.

To include from everything else that’s already been said, there is also an (out-of-date) overview thread of older articles that might prove useful and interesting to look through. :slight_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

This is one of the timeframes I’m most fascinated in, as the people around were truly in it for the love of the hobby and the hunts weren’t just quick internet searches. I’m sure early day conversations on E4 have impacted the hobby immensely.

Very much looking forward to trawling through this. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

I might go through this also!

a couple i did fairly recently with some help from PFM that i think are pretty interesting to go through

3 Likes

This is a great and informative one too, if you’re interested in no rarity base set.

3 Likes

I’ve begun looking at no rarity as I’m more interested in Japanese than English and it’s the 1st edition base of Japanese which is so cool.

I’m not sure I’ll commit to attempting to complete the set but I’d love to have some evolution lines at some point.

Thanks for the link and thanks @inertgeometry The amount of info you’ve compiled here is insane and it’s incredible to be able to learn so much from single threads. Much appreciated

3 Likes