The Giant Art Thread

I was looking through some of my binder collection the other day, and had an idea for a nice casual thread: A giant thread dedicated to artwork.

I loved browsing the 2017 favorite card thread, and figured this would encourage participation for any collector, brand new or veteran. Any type of art can be shared in this thread: a rare card, common card, post card, poster, anything; its all about appreciating that artwork!

Anyone who is new to the forum or hobby don’t feel shy, there are no wrong answers here! I still discover new artwork all the time. :blush:

Also this thread has no expiration and can be updated whenever! To get things started, here are the 2 cards that made me think of this idea:

39 Likes

Dark bae:

THICC boi:

Shock doggo:

Best Zard:

Also, just get around Dark Slowbro.

This has to be one of the most underappreciated cards ever:

this should of been a holo in Base:

And I just want to leave some Feraligatrs for your consideration:

17 Likes

I really like almost all Umbreon cards, but this one captured me as soon as I saw it. Every once in a while I take it out of storage and just look at it.

18 Likes

6 Likes

You Thief - I was just about to post this card! Haha
I’m generally not interested in Japanese Cards; however, this is one of my all-time FAVORITE cards - LOVE this card!

5 Likes

Hahaha XD; Gotta get in quick to beat a Mew collector :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Every card from Expedition and Aquapolis. These are my favs.

Look at the first attack of the Aquapolis Cubone. JUST LOOK AT IT :sob:

9 Likes

These are just a few of my favorites :blush: There are so many beautiful pieces of artwork that came out of the ex era and the some of the reverse holo patterns make them pop even more.

7 Likes

7 Likes

I really like this Rhyhorn

3 Likes

7 Likes

The Massacre of the Clefairy’s

10 Likes

Man I think I am going to really love this thread. Gonna start off with a card that always makes me laugh

5 Likes

You thief!! I love that hypno.

I also love Kusube’s style. This illustration ALWAYS reminds me of Maurice Sendak’s Where the Wild Things are.

Komiya and Kusube artworks are :ok_hand:

Edit:

@chok thank you for pointing out that sad attack. It made my love for Cubone even stronger. I cannot resist sad pokemon. Like this one:

If it wasn’t sad enough that trubbish is already literally trash, in this card, he was freaking left at the curb by the people walking away in the background!! :sob::heartpulse:

8 Likes

A couple of my favorites have already been posted. I’ve got a jumbo box topper version of Feraligatr from Expedition and I feel bad for the poor little Cubone from Expedition.

These are two favorites from my personal collection.

8 Likes

the trubbish is one of my favorites, gotta love OOYAMA

1 Like

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5 Likes

That Lapras is a thing of beauty @benoit489

1 Like

Here are some of my favs. One of the reasons why I bought a Gym Challenge Box was to pull this Gengar. To me it just looks perfect. The colour, texture, angle, symmetry… I just love everything about this card.

This has so much going on. You can imagine Kabutops coming right at you. And the water texture looks pretty sweet too.

This Mewtwo just looks so powerful. A perfect representation of the Pokémon I vividly remember seeing in the 1st movie when I was a kid. It kind of reminds me of the stances and camera angles that you would see in the old Dragon Ball Z series.

I’m not sure exactly why I like this so much but it’s quite visually appealing. Dragonite always seems to be depicted in such a mystical and fun way, which is part of the reason why I’m quite fond of this Pokémon. It always seems to embody this gentle giant persona going all the way back to fossil.

7 Likes

Some of my favorites:

Alakazam

Dark Espeon

2 Likes