The Giant Art Thread

Man, you guys already posted so many cards I would’ve posted, too. I just recently happened to pull that HS undaunted scizor in holo and it has a special place in my favorite artworks/pokemon-binder now. Would also love to get my hands on a sunset mew, but I recently stumbled upon another great mew artwork:

4 Likes

The very best artwork we got from the BW era EXs, there are a few others that are wonderful as well but the Ho-Oh beats them all.

4 Likes

One of my all time favorite artworks period.

19 Likes

Best Ninetales card out there

2 Likes

I love this thread already :grin:

I really wanted to post this card somewhere earlier but there was really no thread to do so, so this is perfect! For some reason this Alolan Sandslash caught my eye on the newest Japanese sets. There’s something about that blue / cold themed art that I really like.

4 Likes

I don’t know many cards from the newer sets, I tend to keep to the older ones and trophy cards but I felt putting in trophy cards would be cheating to some degree… anyway, I’ve always enjoyed the artwork for the Jungle Clefable as I find it’s a little more wholesome, reminding me of the episode ‘Clefairy and the Moon Stone’ from the anime to some degree. I know it has nothing to do with moonstones but oh well

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s so freaking majestic, Arita was firing on all cylinders when he illustrated Pryce’s Pokemon!

1 Like

Great thread! A few that come to mind…
Always been a big fan of this one.

This little guys face :grin:

These two from Expedition! :heart_eyes:

Simon.

6 Likes

Anyone who has ever pulled this card knows how beautiful it looks in person.

5 Likes

I have a question about the Jungle Jolteon. I always assumed that its left paw was out to its side and the other 3 were what we see bent underneath. Now I’m realizing that the 3 things underneath Jolteon are supposed to be its front right paw? But the whiskers on Jolteon’s face are in front of the paw. Is this just an illustration flub??

4 Likes

Cant unseeeeeeee

1 Like

That’s all I’ve ever seen with that Jolteon lol.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve always seen that jolteon as ‘punching’ with his right paw

3 Likes

In the past six months I’ve mainly been focusing on my Pikachus, Sevipers, Mimikyus and Moltres, and barely buy any cards for my regular Pokémon collection.

Oh, speaking of Moltres: it will always remain my favorite Pokémon artwork, especially the holo version:

However, every once in a while I buy cards I really like the artwork of for my regular collection. So here are some of those recent additions:

And how can I forget some Pikachus I’ve added last year:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

i love tomokazu komiya’s stuff!! it has such personality, you can’t miss it. :blush:

5 Likes

here you go, a set of “Lance’s Prefix cards”

arguably the most badass trainer Kanto has ever seen.
this artwork is so raw and distinctive, it definitely captures the nature of Lance’s agressive character.

• he wears a cape.

edit: didn’t realize the Che-wu-zahd was already posted, sowwiezzz @e2d2

10 Likes

@reinasierpe said to me in private that she wanted to see this one posted here, I think she’s a little shy. Personally I think the art is pretty decent.

http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c9129972ac85d6b1f4e703468e6b.r99.cf2.rackcdn.com/products/pictures/1067873.jpg

Anyone know how much these things go for?

14 Likes

not bad, underrated for sure.

4 Likes

5 Likes