What art got you excited

What card made you freak out when you saw a new art you loved?

For me -
Espeon gx - Ultra shiny gx.

As someone who always wanted espeon gold star, I was so happy to finally know of a new shiny espeon card I could actually get!

I also like charizard plasma gale ( but I don’t have it :slightly_frowning_face: ).

3 Likes

I have like 30 of these waiting at Zenmarket to be shipped to me… love it!

17 Likes

The two most recent Chansey arts are excellent!

8 Likes

My next goal pick-up and still trying to decide what my collecting goals are

3 Likes

@nikhil,

The trainer cards are some of the most beautiful and underrated in all of pokemon.

1 Like

13 Likes

Basically every vending promo the first time I saw it

3 Likes

15 Likes

Glad Erika is getting the love she deserves here!

One of my favorite arts is the corocoro computer error. Still very inexpensive when not in a PSA 10 (card pictured is not mine).

7 Likes

Wow! Not seen this card what set is this from? Thanks for sharing :+1:

3 Likes

Mirroring @shizzlemetimbers’ sentiments. The Hiroshima XY-P promo was one of the most hyped up cards for me. I still have a few extras that I will one day grade in hopes of getting a black label (now considering CGC too). So we’ll see.

But most recently, the discord already knows my love of the Psychic Beans card. So much so, that I purchased a Japanese Explosive Walker box just to see if I could pull the Japanese version of Suspicious Food Tin and I did!

5 Likes

Wow never saw that

Was super hype seeing this card for the first time still hoping to pull it!

1 Like

I was about to post this one too :blush:

I think it is pretty well know which artwork got me excited.

1 Like

2011 Tropical Beach. It isnt full art, doesnt have sparkles everywhere, etc. Simply starters having fun.

This is the card that made me collect all the worlds promo cards in every language.

Over all the worlds promo is not near the rarest, but the artwork brings something different.

5 Likes

This card also really got me when I first saw it. It’s fantastic :grin:

8 Likes

@brendantheclayboy , I completely agree and I’m glad you like them too! What are your collecting goals?

It must’ve been around 1999 when my dad managed to acquire some Japanese cards for me before their corresponding sets were released in America. These three cards still stand out in mind 20+ years later. I remember being in awe at how different the art looked compared to the other cards I owned; it was the Team Rocket set where I feel like when the artists really started getting more experimental. The new art, combined with the foreign language on the cards, made them seem like a world apart to me–like a revolutionary advancement in the Pokemon universe.

The mind of a kindergartner is quite easily impressed. Then again, these arts–especially Dark Wartortle and Lt. Surge’s Rattata–still stand out as two of my Top 10 favorite of all-time.

4 Likes

The Shining Celebi from shining legends

1 Like