What is your absolute favorite Pokemon card of all time?

I recently searched for such a thread and I found favorites of each era, but I thought it would be fun to hear each of your #1 favorites.

Imagine you had to choose 1 card from the entire TCG’s database. Can be something you own or simply desire. I’m pretty cliche, my favorite card is Base Set Charizard. Add some pics if you guys can!

This exact one is my very first copy. I took this photo of it 3 years ago, just minutes before PSA shipment! It was the last photo I took of it before it got encapsulated.

I look forward to seeing each of your favorites :blush:

4 Likes

This is the hardest question I’ve ever seen

16 Likes

Even tho I still dont own this card

12 Likes

Mine is Gengar Prime. Not the rarest card, but it was the first “rare” card I pulled from a pack when I was younger.

5 Likes

It’s tough to choose just one, but here’s my eponymous card:

10 Likes

I’m sure many people’s favorite changes from time to time. Celebi from Skyridge is my flavor of the week. Arita hit a home run with this drawing. The splash of color, the delicate vine, and an evening moon. And there is something so evasive and fleeting about Celebi’s posture.

18 Likes

For me it is this beauty. Completely broken at the time and amazing art. From the few packs of gym challenge I got to open I managed to pull it twice, which was crazy and the best luck I ever had with pack openings. One was even 1st edition that I still have. Rocket’s Zapdos is one of many of the early cards that have different framing and coloring between English and Japanese. The original Japanese is stretched more out from left to right while the English version is more pale and looks thinner. As almost always the case, the Japanese version looks better in my opinion.

10 Likes

19 Likes

Almost all english cards were stretched out to fit in a different size art square

Greetz,
Quuador

14 Likes

This guy ignited such a fire in my heart when I was younger, It was my most prized possession. It also reignited my love a few years back and the very same card got me collecting again!

14 Likes

I have a fair amount of history with this particular card I’ve written about in my collection thread. Nothing will ever match the artwork on this card for me. It’s simply the best.

12 Likes

All time favorite Pokemon and card, might change with the new set card releasing, I neee to see it IRL first!

And this is a close second, this screams childhood and wonder to me

12 Likes

There’s a good few that are close, but I’d probably give it to Narrow Gym

9 Likes

Base Zard and Base fat Pikachu have a special place in my heart.

2 Likes

But the change of proportions are quite extreme on Rocket’s Zapdos! Like they did some poor job in photo shop. On most other cards the proportions appear similar, but a larger portion of the art is included in the vertical direction or is zoomed out slightly. A good example of this is on one of my other all time favorite cards, Feraligatr! One foot is missing on the Japanese card. This is even more pronounced on Typhlosion 18. For some reason I actually prefer the English version here.

7 Likes

https://instagram.com/p/CAsJILrlst5

/thread

7 Likes

Blaine’s Arcanine

4 Likes

Probably would have to be Team Rocket Dark Charizard Holo. It was my first Charizard I ever pack pulled myself when Rocket came out and on my first pack!

2 Likes

7 Likes