What's your fav art of your fav pokemon?

Everyone has a top1 poke, but what’s your fav card art of it? Here are my top 1 and 2

Magikarp by Mitsuhiro Arita, from SoulSilver Collection

Gyarados by Aya Kusube, from Pokémon VS

11 Likes

My top 3 favourite arts of my favourite pokemon

Honourable mention to ex dragon salamence in 4th place

10 Likes

So, im always battling with a favorite Pokeomon, for Cyndaquil is my #1 fav, but then you have its evo, and then others I love as well. So to be all inclusive here, heres my list: Favorite art of Cyndaquil, Favorite art of Typhlosion, and Favorite card art period. :blush:

7 Likes

@dizzle24, I loved that Cyndaquil since the first time I saw it, just too cute.

3 Likes

@sherotgc, Ho-oh I agree 100% there, also one of my top pokes and I had that card as a child and I loved it, it was one of my best cards back then. Charizard is a classic and rayquaza is one of the only goldstars art that I like.

2 Likes

@papafrankgod, I think I bought like 10+ copies in the past month haha. I only recently was made aware of it but its so adorable!

1 Like

Same here, I saw it maybe 4-5 months ago, as I only collect oldschool cards. Back in the day I loved the neo slowpoke with the apples, and this art reminds me of it.

1 Like

Basically the card that brought me back into collecting.

10 Likes

Altaria from Ex Dragon by Atsuko Nishida.

7 Likes

IOne of the most iconic arts in the hobby if you ask me. Along with Blastoise and Charizard from the cd promo!

But this is literally sublime…

7 Likes

@vic,thats a really pretty one! Might have to grab a copy of that for myself!

1 Like

Hard to decide between suicune and mew. These are probably my top 2

Unfortunately suicune is pretty limited on good TCG artwork. But at the same time luckily almost every mew card is a banger. Mew absolutely kills it in the TCG, just about ever card is jaw dropping.

7 Likes

@sacari, yes, the best suicune art that I can imagine righ now is the neo holo one, but I admit I didnt see them all. And mew is amazing, my fav one is the black star holo or the japanese fossil holo.

@muk, That one is very cool. My fav venusaur art is base set shadowless. That green holo and red flower kills me.

1 Like

@gen1a, I used to have that arcanine as a kid, art was so unique and beautiful, I loved it

1 Like

Suicune and Mew are probably two of the Pokemon that are most blessed with amazing artwork. It would be close to impossible for me to choose one if those were my favourite Pokemon.

9 Likes

@zubat, will have to agree there 100%

1 Like

Let me instead ask you are any of the Abra line arts weak?

Yes, M Alakazam-EX sucks.