Favorite Pokemon Card Arts (Popular And Unpopular)

I see there are a lot of collectors that collect not just specific Pokemon, but art of specific artists and the cards they design.
There are some cards that might not even be “valuable” but when you look at it you’re just like damn that is a sick work of art.
What are your favorite card arts?
Could be common cards, rare, holo, non holo, etc.
Show me some sick Pokemon Card arts that you love!

1 Like

Hard to pick one. Here’s the whole thread for my Arita collection,
www.elitefourum.com/t/xileets-mitsuhiro-arita-collection/32106/1

But if I had to choose one card, it’s FireRed LeafGreen Squirtle. I used it as a cover page for my binder above.

I also think this meowth is one of the dopest, trippiest, coolest illustrations in PkMn.

9 Likes

Masago only for me…the goat

2 Likes

My favorite card art is my avatar - the crayon-y Game Boy Meowth. I always loved this card, even since I was a kid. I really enjoyed getting it again as an adult when I began collecting again.

8 Likes

I could go on forever about Gyarados - Neo Shining, Delta, Lance’s, just to name a few. But I’ll give a couple other Mons some highlights:

I still love Kizuki’s old school art of Venonat from the Vending Machine Series:

Neo Discovery Espeon is a must:

I recently stumbled across Lunatone from Ex Sandstorm:

And then how could you forget my favorite?

8 Likes

Yeah that squirtle card is EPIC love that art. And I’ve never seen that meowth before but that’s awesome also! Thanks for sharing. Ill go through your collection thread as well

I’ll have to check out Masago’s cards! Thanks for recommending. Any card you love in particular?

1 Like

I have a nostalgic attachment to this card also! I still have it sealed from my childhood! Always thought it was a cool card forsure.

That venonat is sick never seen it before. And that espionage is one of my fav Neo era cards. Luckily I have it in 1st edition. Its awesome. And yes gyarados is one of the OG badasses! Hard to make him look bad in any art haha
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Is Masago the artist?

edit: Never mind! Found it: Kimiya Masago

It’s an interesting style. And many classic home runs like Neo Disc. Umbreon and Skyridge Gyarados in his portfolio.

Made a thread about this earlier!

www.elitefourum.com/t/what-are-your-three-favorite-arts-of-all-time/32102/1

Here are my favs again :blush:

8 Likes

Okay!

4 Likes

The card that made me start my collection!

But my unpopular view is that I think base set art is in many ways meh.

I really love the couple that have a bit of story (charmander going 'oh $&$% I set fire to the grass) and the Abra hidden away asleep is cute. But the majority which just have generic backgrounds felt really lazy.

@nish, I wish they’d managed to fit her Houndoom into that Karen full art… I mean, you know that he’s just been unleashed but would have been awesome to see it XD If perfection could be criticised.

3 Likes

So calm and serene… My favourite card and art.

5 Likes

Impossible. She’s far stronger than any pokemon in existence. You see that strong stance? Those powerful hands? Legend has it that Karen can punch a hole through the planet itself if she so desired.

1 Like

My favorite artwork shouldn’t be a surprise:

As for my favorite artworks from my other collections:

Pikachu:

My favorite Pikachu artwork I unfortunately don’t own yet, which is the Pikachu Emotions Art Academy card.

After that it’s hard to pick one, but I’ve always loved these three Pikachu artworks:

Seviper:

My favorite artwork in my Seviper collection is actually not a Seviper card, haha. :laughing:

But as for actual Seviper card, my favorite is probably a pretty unpopular one:

Full Art Supporters:

As for my Full Art Supporter collection, I’ll probably go with the Japanese Tag All Stars Erika as my favorite, which is still incoming and should arrive any day now.

The Cosmic Eclipse Vileplume GX, Magnemite, and Koffing, as well as the Extra Battle Day Acerola and Master Battle Set Alola Friends are very close contenders as well.

Ancient Mew PSA-10:

I guess I like the Ancient Mew artwork of this collection the most, haha. :slightly_smiling_face: I collect all six Ancient Mew versions in PSA-10. I have the first five, and I’m currently waiting for PSA to open up again so I can send in some copies of the sixth/final ©2020 version to hopefully complete the sixtet when it returns as a 10 in 2022.

Yu-Gi-Oh rarity:

And although the thread is about Pokemon arts, I figured I’d include this one as well. This collection is not very active anymore right now (will pick it up again most likely), but my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh card is also the only Yu-Gi-Oh card I have graded. Pictures really don’t do it justice, though. Both the colors and this particular rarity (Extra Secret Parallel Rare OCG) on this artwork are an amazing combination imo.

Here a better picture of the ungraded card:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

Just 1 answer here and you failed many times, last minute redemption doesn’t mean a thing. The cult will know about this, 1st warning.

4 Likes

@quuador what is that second Pikachu card you posted?

1 Like

That mew card is amazing! What set is it from?