Favorite Card Artwork of a Particular Pokemon Thread

Hey y’all, not sure if this thread has been done before, but I thought it would be fun for people to share their favorite illustrations of particular pokemon throughout the lifespan of the TCG. Hopefully we can see some cards we haven’t seen before, or just haven’t looked at long enough to appreciate.

here are a few of mine:

Alto Mare’s Latias & Latios

**Karen’s Umbreon

Sunset Mew

Crystal Celebi

Aquapolis Tyranitar

Rookie Absol

_'s Rayquaza

EX Team Rocket’s Dark Dragonite

9 Likes

Always:

5 Likes

4 Likes

A different, but related thread you may enjoy looking through

www.elitefourum.com/t/random-pokemon-favourite-and-worst-card/32991/1

1 Like

I can’t ever shut up about this card:

I’m a big fan of Arcanine, and this one from the Town on no Map has to be my fav:

I love that Alto Mare’s Latios too. Best Latios artwork by far.
I’ve said this before, but Moonlit Pursuit chomp is the best chomp:

This Suicune will always be my favorite, in both Eng and Jpn:

I really enjoy Masago’s work with this Tyranitar:

Saitou didn’t have to go that hard with this Ray but they did anyway:

And that’s just a few of my favs!

13 Likes

Off the top of my head. These were some easy picks to me

8 Likes

Well Obviously I would have to go with the GOATED Sugimori 1997 playmat slowpoke. He has just the right amount of derp, water color, rarity, and early pokemon vibe to be the best card of all time. Other early slowpoke cards are good and classic but this one knocks it out of the park

9 Likes

Baba + Sableye + cracked Ice = this absolute beauty:

8 Likes

We actually did have a thread which went over all Pokémon, doing 18 each week, and people post their favorites. Here is the last thread, with links to the earlier ones. Although it was mostly just me and @xzini who posted each week, and @pokemontrader who hosted the threads eventually posting in his own threads as well. Only the first gen, especially week 1, were popular overall unfortunately. I personally enjoyed it, though.

Still, I like your thread idea as well. (And there have been many ‘favorite Pokémon’ type of posts on the thread over the years.) My top three favorite artworks are these:

WotC #21 Moltres:

BREAKthrough Swablu:

Art Academy Pikachu Emotions:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

2021 was a great year for artwork in the TCG!

1 Like

And then cheating but I just can’t choose between these two:

5 Likes

Can’t get enough of this Oddish, so vibrant and soothing artwork. I think the reverse stamp fits in with the art really well aswell! ^^

4 Likes

well at least in the TCG, dark slowbro and light slowbro are two different pokemon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

4 Likes

I mean, c’mon…

4 Likes

Without a doubt…

Closely followed by: Houndoom Neo Rev, GS Charizard, GS Gyarados, CD promo Charizard

6 Likes

Here’s a few of my favorites. All from the Japanese vending series.

14 Likes

I know it’s Greedent and a (very) modern card, but this one just makes me laugh every time I see it.

Expedition Clefable has to be one of my favs by far:

Also Gift Set/Vending Clefairy:

2 Likes

I always think of this card when I see a thread like this pop up. I really like Kawayoo’s dynamic artstyle and coloring. I love how TCG artists can get me to excited to collect a card for a Pokemon that I never gave a second thought about.

4 Likes