Favorite Pokemon Card Arts (Popular And Unpopular)

This card makes me think back to the gym hero cards Erikas vileplume but in a new light! Love it! And I love the detail of the art. Also I had no idea Vileplume was that big haha or maybe Erika is just that small lol

I love that your favorite card is a non hype card. Means you just truly love the art!

Wow! Thanks for sharing so many card arts! I’ve never seen most of those before and that was one of the things I was most excited about was learning about different cards and artists. Seems you love a couple of the Promos from 2000 like Moltres and Ancient Mew. I dig it brings back good memories. I wish I had a mintier ancient mew but mine is trashed from being a kid haha.
Id say my next fav collection of yours is the Pikachu collection! I too really love Pikachu and love seeing all of the cool Pikachu arts that most people don’t even know about. And frankly there’s a lot I don’t know about! I just enjoy people sharing things they’re passionate about so thank you! And Awesome collection

1 Like

It’s from the Teach/Tryout Set of July 2011. Information about all Teach/Tryout sets in general can be found in this article I wrote.
All three Teach/Tryout Sets of 2011 contain unique artworks not found elsewhere in the TCG (the Teach/Tryout Sets from 2000, 2008, and 2009 contains artworks of existing cards).

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

It is from the Japanese PLAY! Promo set.

I’ve praised this card before. Simplified yet drawing on the pose of the old masters fusing with paleoart and a touch of Daliesque dreamscapes. The angelic amphibian on a stone looking up towards the sky. Rays through the clouds, a breeze, the tranquil stare soon to be abrupted by the search for food.

6 Likes

I love this Psyduck art, whenever I see it, it gives me the same vibes as this Feebas card that came after it:

7 Likes

12 Likes

If we’re solely talking about the art (rather than the whole card), the clear answer for me is Salamence #10 from EX Dragon:

And then if we’re talking about cards as a whole, the Dragonite ex from EX Dragon as well as many different Latias/Latios cards are my favorite cards. I just can’t get past how amazing the art on Salamence #10 is, though. Some honorable mentions for me would be Flygon #4, Absol #1, and Altaria #2, also all from EX Dragon. Not sure why they put all the S-tier art in EX Dragon; they should’ve spread it out a bit lol.

6 Likes

@quuador , That Erika’s Kindness is amazing! Managed to get one before prices got out of my budget. It’s my favorite, and you’ll be blown away! Pictures don’t do it justice!

1 Like

Good to know because I was wondering the same thing lol

1 Like

I need to find that mew. Incredible art. Thanks for sharing

I love that you look at this card and get all that from this art. Thats what this is all about! And yes this Marshtomp seems to be living the life in this art!

1 Like

Yo!! Those are so similar! haha what the heck

1 Like

Yooo those are sick! Love the E Reader Series cards. These are from skybridge? Love that you posted some non hyped cards! I specifically like the Magcargo and Magneton a lot! And the holo patterns being sick also helps.

1 Like

I really like that this artist portrayed the Pokemon from an unusual angle. Makes it more interesting to the eye! And plus Salamance is just a dope Pokemon to begin with! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

It is indeed Skyridge. The e reader cards broke a lot of ‘rules’ with the stylized border but I think the art is stunning. I can’t find a card I don’t like. And I totally agree; the Magcargo is my favorite art of all time.

I think it’d be really cool to get master sets of a lot of those E reader sets. Like Aquapolis, Skybridge, Expedition, etc. The arts are just so amazing. Would be so much money though! Haha

A master set would be a massive accomplishment. This is actually one set that I feel like I don’t need the chase cards. To clarify, the art is so well done and equally distributed throughout the set from holo to holo that I feel like collecting what I actually like removes the need to get the crystal type cards. And that’s a very rare thing for me to come by