What is your absolute favorite Pokemon card of all time?

Impossible question. Hate to be obvious, but Neo Discovery Umbreon is absolutely majestic. The yellow sparkle highlights in the yellow bands and the ruby eye show real care in design, not just the artwork. And the moon is ridiculous.

4 Likes

From an art perspective, this is my all time favourite Pokemon card!!!

12 Likes

My Unlimited Neo Revelations Shining Gyarados that I opened from a pack all those years ago:

Without it, I probably wouldn’t have stuck with my Gyarados collection.

17 Likes

Great card choice. I think this artwork is spectacular. In my book, this is one of Ken Sugimori’s best. Reminds me of all “The Old Man and the Sea” paintings, but with much more surprise and anger. I love how the color red can both be warm and embracing in one image and emote rage in another.

4 Likes

This is quickly becoming The Giant Art Thread 2.0.

1 Like

I know @pokehut agrees with me on this one

11 Likes

Thanks all who shared! It’s very interesting to listen to your favorites. Cool stories behind some of your cards as well. For those still chasing their faves, best of luck!

1 Like

I love base set Arcanine so much, so the fact that there’s a somewhat holo version of it makes me happy :blush:

3 Likes

Went with this one. I debated between a bunch of cards (umbreon e-readers, dark espeon, CoL Suicune, Rocket’s Snorlax ex) but this is the one absolute favourite card of all time. There’s a ton of great art but I wanted to give this one some love, the Lugia flying out is so damn cool. The detailing on the water is insane too. Just an amazing card all around. Call of Legends has some very nice artwork to choose from, the Suicune is another favourite of mine.

6 Likes

It changes but for non Chansey, this and Fossil Dragonite have always been up there.

7 Likes

That is a tough one. Too many favorites.

Runner up is Dark Raichu Team Rocket.

But have to say my Favourite is Pop Series 4/Japanese PCG-P Mcdonald’s Squirtle :blush:

the fire looks like it’s coming out of the side of the mouth, not the mouth

1 Like

Or it can be a molten lake on the distance

2 Likes

For me, this is a very easy question – Dragonite ex 90/97 from EX Dragon. My most cherished card as a kid. Mine ended up going through the laundry, and my mom bought me a new one on eBay (circa 2003-04) that I still have to this day. A couple other cards that I love are Salamence 10/97 from EX Dragon, Flygon 4/97 from EX Dragon, Ampharos H1/H32 from Aquapolis, and Dark Celebi from EX Hidden Legends (mostly just because I remember pulling this and trading it for a EX TMTA Raikou ex lol). So many great cards…

7 Likes

If I had to keep just one card from my entire collection, it would be this one:

Such a beautiful card :open_mouth:

9 Likes

Impossible for me to give you one single card, but currently, these are my top 3:

I finally managed to correctly insert pics for the very first time, special thanks go out to @quuador for his guide on this, after reading through it multiple times I finally managed haha :blush:

4 Likes

@budget Yeah, ik. That’s the only minor thing that’s a bit annoying about the artwork. I personally just pretend it’s a lava river in the background that coincidentally lines up with Moltres mouth. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

14 Likes

My Vending Eevee that I got signed in 2018. Fun fact, mine is also the second image that comes up if you Google Vending Eevee!

15 Likes

I thought your favorite would be the Holofoil version of this:

Or the Holofoil WINNER stamped PSA-9 you own?

Although I personally like the non-Holo more tbh.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like