To all you veteran members on here

I was curious as to your guys’ favorite piece in your collection? Im new and figured this would help me get to know some of yall. Favorite thing in your collection, big or small, and if there was any story to getting it? Thanks!

4 Likes

I’m very basic but it’s my shadowless charizard.

I think it all just comes down to me wanting a charizard when I was a kid back in 1999.

I got the charizard and I was so happy when I got it. I ended up selling it to buy a crystal charizard because I was following the Fomo/influencers during the hype. I never liked the card and tried to justify the purchase to myself a lot. Saying oh it’s really rare and asking others to validate my purchase too.

Fast forward to June of last year I contacted the owner of the shop I sold the shadowless charizard to. They still had it and agreed to trade it to me for the crystal charizard plus they would add cash.

Lesson is don’t follow the hype and collect what you love. Now I’m half way through my psa shadowless holo set.

Here is the message I sent to the seller of the shadowless when I first got the card. I was so excited!

13 Likes

I pulled this Typhlosion (and the Lugia) from a booster box I bought in 2012. I wanted this card as a kid but never manage to pull it or trade for it. It was my favorite pull from the box immediately, not only because I wanted the card but because I noticed the great condition of it. Back then I didn’t know just how difficult it is to pull this particular card in this condition. So my appreciation of it has only grown over the years.

15 Likes

Understandably so, i sold mine as well last year, regrets for sure but hes in a good home. As for not following the hype thats kind of why i chose to make an account on here. You guys seem genuinely in love with the hobby and everywhere else feels like a stock market or something.

5 Likes

Very beautiful pair my dude. Neo genesis came out right when i was finally old enough to appreciate cards. I was around for the release of base set, fossil, jungle, all of it. But N.G.s artwork was especially loved because i played the crap out of crystal with my brother and to this day its my favorite pokemon game.

2 Likes

Welcome to e4!

This purchase was a complete accident, it’s something I wanted so bad, but I couldn’t justify the purchase.

Jolteon VMAX Summer Lottery Promo.

It was a summer campaign in Japan that ran from July 21, 2021 to September 30, 2021. All you needed to do was to submit a log of a PTCG game you played with friends or family during the summer, and then if you were incredibly lucky, 1 out of 3000 were to receive a set of all 3 including Vaporeon VMAX and Flareon VMAX.

I remember being tagged all over discord as Jolteon is my top favorite Pokemon along with Gengar. I knew this was going to be highly sought after, and never in a million years did I think I’d own it. Little did I know how wrong I would be.

effectspore who has been in the hobby longer than I have, was letting me know that he saw the Jolteon card on Mercari, and mentioned that this was a really good deal.

I remember signing up on the website, but I had never bought anything. I remember getting on voice and we were talking about it, and suddenly the listing sold. I rememebr clicking it but I certainly didn’t think I bought it.

His words “Wait, did you just buy the card?!”

Me “uh I don’t think so nervous panting

I checked my bank account and sure enough I did lol. Mind you, I’ve spent a lot of money on Pokémon ever since coming back in 2019, but never spending that much at one time.

I get the card and I instantly fell in love. I knew I hit the jackpot.

I nervously sent it in for grading as this was definitely something I needed encased and protected and it came back a 10

The texture difference between English and Japanese are insane. Still till this day a fun purchase.

31 Likes

The best accident and amazing grade!

1 Like

Wow! Talk about meant to be. Thank you for sharing that and coming back a 10 is just :pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers:

1 Like

Started around Brilliant Stars but here is what i mostly collect:

my favourite graded cards i have:

What majority of my binders is organized like:

Have similar stuff for Karen/Zinnia and a few other trainers but thats a lot to post haha

best umbreon

19 Likes

As a Komiya collector, this image sums it up pretty good

33 Likes

My gf would die, she loves Komiya. Nice piece!

3 Likes

Wow! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah thats insane! I showed my wife and shes in love! Shes a big fan as well.

You guys have some incredible stuff, all of you, definitely inspiring me to push harder on my own collection. Its nice to finally be able to talk with people that love collecting as i do, nobody around here ever has any clue what im talking about or are tired of hearing me talk about pokemon :sob:

9 Likes

The goodest umbreon

1 Like

I collect whatever I find interesting all for different reasons so its really hard to nail down a favorite piece since most things in the collection have a reason. Ive recently posted about my Base international retail promotion kit so I wont go on about that this time although it is a favorite, I love unique pieces to a collection and not the same thing that can be seen in most collections. I love looking at my sealed copy of Pokemon BW How to Play DS, its such a unique piece in my deck collection that many dont know about, even though the cards are the same as the BW Beginning Set. It also took me quite a while to source so the hunt always adds to the memories of a piece for me. Funny enough the game is super cheap, the cards are reasonable, but together the packaging makes it worth 2-3x as much, go figure.

11 Likes

Definitely never seen that one before, very cool!

1 Like

Love your enthusiasm! You’re definitely in the right place to just have a great time discussing pokemon, welcome!

As for favorite thing that’s definitely tough for me to pin down. I fancy myself a Pokémon Historian and I try to reflect that in my collection. Collecting all kinds of things from pokemon’s history no matter how small as I just love the franchise and find its history to be so rich. That being said I would have to say

As said the story is just so special to me. Its my own personal history of me and my dad just enjoying life and pulling my favorite Pokémon. Wont be something I’ll forget.

12 Likes

Thats beautiful mate thank you for sharing that. And yeah those plasma cards are gorgeous!

1 Like

welcome to e4,

from a friend who worked for saitou during an event back in 2018. he had so many unique autos, and i still don’t think he wanted to let this one go, but it will stay in my collection forever. way cooler to work as a staff for an artist instead of harassing them.

18 Likes