What are your top 5 arts of your favorite pokemon?

Great thread! Its time I throw my hat in ring. My favorite Pokemon is Charizard who definelty has no shortage of artwork so here goes! All the scans are mine and I’m so happy to have them! These are in no particular order:

1. Charizard ex- EX FireRed & LeafGreen

ex cards are my favorite card type of all time and as such as a kid seeing this I was blown away. Definitely one of my favorites period.

2. Charizard EX Full Art- Wild Blaze/Flashfire

When FAs were introduced in gen 5 I adored them, but had realized that gen 5 was only doing them for legendary and mythical Pokémon. So a I waited and waited and once I saw Venusaur and Blastoise get there FAs in XY Base I knew it was only a matter of time. The second Wild Blaze came out I bought boxes and ended up packing this guy myself. I adore the art and its by one of my favorite artists Ryo Ueda!

3. Delta Charizard- EX Crystal Guardians

One of if not my favorite non ex cards as a kid growing up. Electric is one of my favorite types so seeing my favorite Pokémon take it on was just amazing! Kouki Saitou is one of my favorite artists to this day as well and that might attribute to this card.

4. Charizard Secret Rare- Plasma Storm

This card is very special for me because of the story around it. Firstly I pulled it myself not even knowing Zard was in the set at all. My dad and I just picked up a couple packs and were unprepared with toploaders or anything for such a pull so all I had was a penny sleeve to put it in for the ride home. I soon learned of PSA and even with that trek it got a 10! I only learned years later that these are notoriously hard to grade so I’m truly grateful. Plus the art is insane in person. BW SR textures are out of this world.

5. Base Set Charizard- Specifically 1st ed

What is there to really say? Its such an iconic artwork and goes on to inspire so many other great ones such as EX Dragon’s and Stormfront’s. Truly great!

13 Likes