What are your unpopular opinions in pokemon?

What is an opinion in pokemon that you have that most people or maybe members of this forum seem to disagree with? Maybe you can change some minds! I don’t want this to turn into any kind of argument so lets not attack each other over opinions on cards. Here are some of mine. :blush:

1. Steam seige (and ancient origins but not as much) is not nearly as bad of a set as people say to warrant the memes. I think it just gets hate for being over printed.

2. Legendary collection is a bad set, every card is a reprint. It’s Base set 2 with reverse holos.

3. Flashfire is massively overrated and over priced as a set. Full art charizard is the only good or unique card the set has and a set like evolutions pretty much has everything flash fire has but more and better for way cheaper. I honestly think evolutions is the reason flashfire boxes dropped in price a bit.

4. No one seems to like BREAK cards currently, but I think they will be desired more in the future simply because of how completely different they are and that only a few sets had them.

5. Crystal charizard is a fairly ugly card, the proportions and shape of its head and neck are messed up and it just looks off. Seriously google images charizard and compare it’s neck to crystal stubby neck charizard.

6. Avengers end game was a mediocre movie and they completely ruined thanos as a character. But that one isn’t pokemon :wink:

26 Likes

You had my ear until You said Crystal Charizard was ugly.

30 Likes
3 Likes

Hahaha, I said “fairly ugly” it only needs a chiropractor to fix it’s neck and it will be good :grin:

8 Likes

Booster boxes are boring. :blush:

36 Likes

Cullers isn’t the greatest poster here.

12 Likes

This is kinda a fact, not an unpopuplar opinion. The only point of having a box is to potentially sell down the line. The art on the sealed box doesn’t justify the $10,000+ pricetag. It isn’t mindblowingly beautiful nor as great as what’s actually inside the box after all.

It’s like holding onto one of those sacks-o-gems at the gem-mining tourist attraction instead of manning up and buying the polished, expensive jewelry (which is all you really want anyway if you’re being honest) but you’re too much of a chicken shit than to sift through the bag to see if you got lucky with an actual fat gemstone (psa10chasecard) or if the sack is filled with mild disappointment.

5 Likes

Pokémon is a young persons hobby.

21 Likes

smpratte makes quality content

54 Likes

Most people in the collecting community are hypocrits and often hold beliefs/opinions that are contrary to their actions.

45 Likes

I hate the idea of grading cards, but I still give PSA my money like those ticket machines at Chuck E. Cheese.

9 Likes

‘Flipping cards is bad and people who do it are bad for the hobby, which reminds me I just got my hands on x item PM me offers’

14 Likes

At what age are you no longer “young”?

2 Likes

When the survey choices stop being #-# and starting being #+

21 Likes

Sounds more like a popular opinions thread

10 Likes

as is tradition

3 Likes

Yes it is

4 Likes

Snap cards are garbage, horrible speculative garbage

17 Likes

Holo bleeds are lame

Arita’s work is way overrated relate to other artists

Ken Sugimori is one of the most iconic artists in the hobby but the vast majority of cards “illustrated” by him are lazy photoshop jobs

Level Xs are boring and were a step in the wrong direction (didn’t even think this was unpopular opinion until I mentioned it on discord)

I prefer the yellow border on goldstars

Smpratte is not a god

19 Likes

Preech sister

1 Like