What are your unpopular opinions in pokemon?

Gold Star Umbreon and Espeon are ugly cards.

8 Likes

11 Likes

signatures do NOT belong on pokemon cards

39 Likes

Water types are totally weak against fire types

8 Likes

i don’t like this thread anymore

22 Likes

No rarity Base Set is the most important set in the hobby and is criminally underrated.

19 Likes

Japanese set cards and most Japanese promo cards are not popular, when compared with English releases. And I’ve been rooting for and saving Masaki cards for two decades :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Pokemon will get smashed in the next recession.

5 Likes

Graded cards look bad in their cases. Binder sets are better.

17 Likes

Base set is boring and ugly compared to most other sets.

The layout of the early sets was boring in general, similar to magic.

I’m glad the wotc era has ended so the Pokémon TCG could move on.

19 Likes

People who don’t like anything post a certain early gen(usually 1) aren’t real Pokémon fans.

Slabs are meaningless and an inconvenience if you are actually going to keep the cards. Protection is often just an excuse used to justify it.

Instagraming your Pokémon cards is for thots and bros.

All sets are good and a part of the TCG’s history.

16 Likes

Most anthropomorphic Pokémon weird me out.

10 Likes

Here let’s see if I can help:

1. Pack weighing isn’t evil as long as disclosed.

2. PSA 's 9/10 grade overlap is so astoundingly high (or their resolving power is so astoundingly low, thanks @pkmnflyingmaster) and their grading prices so stupidly low that I think crackers are a good thing. The people want labels so give them labels.

This is a really good (and sadly true) one. Got 6 likes though so too popular for this thread apparently.

12 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks crystal zard is ugly :joy: it looks so cartoony and meh.

9 Likes

Another opinion, we all use a third party to get value for cards. What would be the case if psa or other grading companies didn’t exist would people care about condition then ? Or just have everything in binders

1 Like

Thought of another one: black label charizard selling for 10k isn’t bad. Plenty of hobbies would kill for anything to earn 10k, especially modern.

17 Likes

isn’t bad (except for the person who purchased it)

17 Likes

Instagram raffles and custom cards aren’t bad for the hobby at all.

5 Likes

Buying unweighed packs = buying weighed packs.

11 Likes

I prefer 3-Ringed Binders highly over the side-loading ones.

9 Likes