Master List of the Rarest Pokémon Cards

**CLICK HERE FOR THE MASTER LIST**

The work to put together this list is a collaborative effort by @chok , @minorkey , @chrispy , @quuador , @pichufan , @thundermoo , @melchior , @funmonkey54 , @prochaos among others. Special thanks to chok and minorkey, their work in this thread was the inspiration for this project.

The goal of this list is to create a resource that puts together all the information one would need about all of the rarest Pokemon cards & Pokemon TCG-related items into a single resource.

The number used as a cutoff for this list is 1,000 estimated distributed copies of an item. I am open to reconsidering this number if I believe there is a good reason to do so. Additionally, it could be another project to create additional lists for cards with more than 1,000 distributed copies.

This list is a work in progress. If you feel there is any item missing from the list, PLEASE either post a message in this thread or reach out to me directly! The list will be modified.

Additionally, it is worth noting that some of the information (such as PSA pop for certain cards) may be slightly out-of-date. Likewise, feel free to post here or reach out to me with a correction if you are so inclined.

75 Likes

I feel 1000 copies is a good cut, great job!

3 Likes

It has truly been an honor to lend a hand creating this list. Thank you!

4 Likes

Also you state unikarp was awarded for event participation, but they had to win battles in order to get one. Same as trophy kangaskhan that “reached a certain number of wins” to get one

Good catch! I’ll fix this in a bit.

This list could use tons of improvement so no one feel shy to hold back!

1 Like

Also idk if you want to add it or not, or if this set is official or not (I think yes) but Pared-Child Trophy Kangaskhan had it’s art released in 1997, in the Sealdass Bandai set, maybe it belongs to cardass too, I’m not an expert (and 1997 is before the release of the kanga card? cool). Also the phone birds

2 Likes

Great list! Thanks for putting in this work and sharing with everyone.

How about the PCL card?
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Card_Laboratory_(PCG-P_Promo_24)

2 Likes

Non tcg has a bandai ‘97 jumbo raichu. I don’t know how many were distributed but they’re vary rare and I believe it’s under 1,000. Also you don’t have 1999 pika trophies.

Edit: also do error cards count?

3 Likes

I’m offended Rayquaza and Keldeo game show isn’t here.

Offended and hurt.

3 Likes

What about those Rayquaza and Giratina full arts? Or are those more than 1000 copies?

1 Like

@papafrankgod, I have a separate place on the list for non-TCG cards. If the non-TCG item has an important relation to the TCG (such as the legendary bird Phone cards, statues, metal cards, etc.) it can have a place on the non-TCG list. But I would prefer not to mix up TCG and non-TCG stuff, otherwise things can get too convoluted (for example, should a card not count as not having unique art because it was also on some poster?)

4 Likes

I can definitely include this on the list! Do you have a source that makes you believe it had a distribution of under 1,000? (Or in the absence of another source what’s your reasoning for thinking its distribution is under 1,000?)

Edit: Actually I’ll just go ahead and include it on the list and if someone thinks it doesn’t belong there for whatever reason it can be removed later (same as any other card on this list!)

What’s the 1999 Trophy Pikachu? The list does mention that there are 2 variants of the 1998 Trophy Pikachu (Lizardon Mega Battle which was actually 1997 and the Kamex Mega Battle version which did in fact take place in 1998.)

I will include the 97 Jumbo Pikachu on the non-TCG list.

As for error cards, I believe they belong in a separate category compared to cards that had an intentional distribution. But I would definitely consider getting involved in an effort to include a separate list just like this one for error cards! I wouldn’t really know where to start, but if someone wants to take the lead on it, that would be great.

Look again, my friend. Those cards are included in the “Cards with Rare Stamps” section. :blush:

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s any way in hell there is less than 1,000 of these…

Haha alright, I’ll remove it from the list and wait for good evidence for there being under 1,000 copies.

Small thing, but the 04 tropical wind doesn’t have a top 32 stamp variation

1 Like

Seconding this, the Super Rare Card Set Get! Full Art prints of Rayquaza EX and Giratina EX are limited to 1000.

@mojotbone, Thanks for the note, will fix that.

@miraclegro @fourthstartcg, will add those cards to the list now!

@hyruleguardian , I see the lottery l-p birds (lugia/hooh) on there for 1000 copies but might wanna throw the dogs in there as well being they had the same distribution count.

Also, awesome start to a really cool list project and thanks to all involved helping with this!

2 Likes