Japanese Exclusive Artwork

Is there a listing somewhere of Japanese cards that have exclusive artwork (not released outside of Japan)?

Unfortunately it would be a pretty big list, since more than 25% of all artworks aren’t released outside of Japan tbh. There have been some threads about cards exclusively released in non-English AND non-Japanese, for which the list is a lot smaller, like this thread or this one.

Out of curiosity, what is the reason you ask this question? Are you looking for all Japanese-exclusive artworks of one or two Pokémon in particular? If we could pinpoint it to a certain sub-category of Japanese-exclusive artworks, it would be easier to help or create such a list. I sometimes make lists of all cards (in all languages) for a certain Pokémon, so all Japanese exclusive cards of a certain Pokémon shouldn’t take long to compile in comparison. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I tried to make this list a while back but did not have an easy time gathering information and was not able to finish it. As mentioned before, it would be a pretty expansive list

I’d love to see what you have so far, even if it’s not comprehensive! I love “rare” artworks.

@queendrifloon I’ll see if I have the spreadsheet I was working on!

I want to collect such cards released between 1996 and 2002. I’m looking for everything, not for one particular Pokémon . I have a list based off of the unnumbered promos. Outside of those, I have no clue which cards have Japanese exclusive artwork.

This isn’t conclusive, but some things you’ll want to look at are:

* Topsun cards
* Bandai Carddass cards
* Vending Series cards
* Bulbasaur & Squirtle Starter Packs
* Promo cards in general (just check Bulbapedia to see if non-Japanese versions were ever released)

1 Like

That’s already a good chunk of exclusive artwork right there. Off the top of my head I’d add VS Series and some exclusive cards of Web Series and the Neo Intro Pack.

1 Like

That already pins it down a bit. :blush: Some other things that come to mind besides the unnumbered promos:

And just to make sure, you’re only looking for Pokémon TCG cards, right? Otherwise a lot of other Pokémon cards come to mind, like four Topsun sets; two (2-part) Bandai Carddass sets; four Meiji sets; a BlockBuster Snap Station set; five Battle-e sets; etc. etc.
Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Yes you are correct, only the TCG cards. I should’ve mentioned that before. But thank you and everyone else for all the info.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unnumbered_Promotional_cards_(TCG)/1996-2005

Don’t forget Unnumbered Promos!

3 additional cards not mentioned that are Japanese exclusives are, Drapion Lv X 123/DP-P, Garchomp Lv X 058/DP-P, and Palkia Lv X 105/DP-P

Here is the Palkia for reference :

One of my favorite holos in the TCG

He already mentioned those himself. :wink:

@madden12ut I’ve only created my list for 2002 or prior, as @1steditionbs stated (s)he was looking for. I could make the list quite a bit larger if those after 2002 would be added, like some of the ADV-P, PLAY, PCG-P, DP-P, PPP, DPt-P, L-P, BW-P, XY-P, SM-P, S-P promos; the PokéPark Blue & Green; the 10th, 11th, and Random Movie Commemoration Random Packs; the two Japanese Pikachus from the Pikachu World Collection 2010; some exclusive artworks from decks, like Dunsparce, Pichu, and Unown M from the Rampardos the Attacker deck or Magby, Magmar, Unown T, and Girafarig from the Bastiodon the Defender deck; etc. :wink:

One other that comes to mind now and I forgot earlier are banned artworks, which were censored in English and other languages. Those can all be found in this article.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

@quuador, shoot, missed his second post in the thread D:

1 Like

Theres a Japanese exclusive porygon lv X as well

1 Like

Used to collect lv.x these should be exclusive lv.x

2 Likes