English Exclusive Artworks

Hey guys I was curious what cards have exclusive artwork for English only? I primarily collect Japanese but I saw the new champions path gengar and it got me wondering what other awesome artworks I have been missing out on! Might have to start collecting English cards now too!

7 Likes

Is that the promo from the Champions Path pin?

Japan wouldnt let us have even 1 english exclusive card with dark raichu :angry: Meanwhile they have thousands. Very greedy

1 Like

One that does come to mind is the region variant vivillon

2 Likes

Sources: previous threads with the same question:

This Pikachu promo is not released in English, but also not in Japanese. It’s a Korean/Thai/Indonesian exclusive artwork.
Some of the Vivillon cards are exclusives to certain languages (i.e. white to Russian, Green/Blue to Portuguese, etc.)

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

The new on the ball promo’s currently given away in the UK!

2 Likes

Thanks man this is amazing! I knew you would come through with this one :blush: Now to search for all of these guys! The hunt never ends

(Edit) Also I am laughing so hard right now, I actually posted the same question back in 2016! ughhhh getting old

2 Likes

Yea it is! that’s the one that got my attention, I love that art style

That’s amazing :grin:

There’s also the New York Pokemon Center Black Star Promos. Pokemon Center 40 and Lucky Stadium 41. (Lucky Stad is exclusive, I believe the Pokemon Center is too, haven’t heard of it in other languages)

3 Likes

I don’t believe the Mewtwo Christopher Rush black star promo art has been mentioned. This was printed in Japan, but printed in English just on Japanese card stock with an English back still.

I personally own both of these and I really like the art work on them. Lucky stadium a little more than the Pokemon center but they each have their own unique aesthetics! :grin:

1 Like

[/li][/quote]
As always, awesome post @quuador. I only have a tiny remark on the Neo Gen Moo-Moo Milk. The Japanese VS series also used the altered English Neo Gen Artwork, which made it un-exclusive to English.
But that shouldn’t take away from your thorough post as a whole :blush:

3 Likes

Ah, you’re completely right, I’ve edited my post. Not just the corrected Koga’s Ninja Trick was released in Japan, but the Moo-Moo Milk as well indeed in later sets like Pokémon VS and the Pokémon-e Starter Deck, because even for Japan the Sentret sucking the udders of a limpless and headless cow was a bit too weird and disturbing for a kid’s card game :laughing: (who would have thought).

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I expect that Gengar and many other cards will be in Shiny Star V, it will be full of reprints and alternate arts. Already confirmed they are getting the Zacian V tin promo and CP Eldegoss V in it :blush:

All 5 Futsal cards (whenever they release…) will also of course be English (not the whole of the UK, just England) exclusives.

1 Like

Doesn’t Call of Legends contain exclusive artwork for English/International?

Also not English, but Korean Movie Promo Zeraora is still Korean exclusive,

I had indeed mention some Call of Legends cards in my post above (Ampharos, Quilava, Typhlosion). :blush: There could be more perhaps, haven’t checked the entire set.

Didn’t knew about another Korean exclusive card though. Do you have a picture of that Zeraora?

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like
3 Likes