Unique Art in Other Languages (Not Japanese or English)

Simple Question that I couldn’t find the direct answer to using the search function.

1. Is there unique artwork found in another language aside from Japanese and English?
  2. What about card variants of the same artwork (Ex. Base vs Base 2 vs LC vs XY Evolutions) (aside from language being different)?

Edit: One Example I know of for question #2 is the 2000 Pokemon World Collection where they have the gold pikachu tail stamp
Edit 2: And likewise there is the 2010 World Collection (and I believe these in particular would fall under #1 unless they’re variants like the 2000 collection)

1 Like

The Vivillons are the first ones that come to mind :blush:

3 Likes

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vivillon_(XY_17)
I didn’t know about these cards, but that’s pretty cool how they tried to tie in the TCG with the VG.

The European winners of the 2015 Art Academy Competition got their artwork printed on cards in their native language.
As far as I know these three are the only ones that are neither Japanese nor English.
m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kecleon_(Art_Academy_Promo)
m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_(Art_Academy_Promo)
m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:PikachuArtAcademyPromo_Lily-Chan.jpg

3 Likes

To quote myself:

And of course the Pikachu World collection 2010 (released in both the US and Japan - so available with both English and new Japanese back), but the artworks are exclusive per language (French, Korean, Spanish, German, French, Polish, Portuguese):

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Wasn’t there talk of exclusive French diamond and pearl promos somewhere?

Mjisaacs

1 Like

You’re indeed correct, but those same artworks were also used in the HGSS set. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like