Cards Printed Exclusively in English

Hey guys I’m new here and will eventually post my collection of cards (just completed the Japanese No Rarity Base Set!) but actually created this account because I was wondering what pokemon cards were only printed in english and not in japanese? The couple that I know of (Correct me if I am wrong please) are:

Eevee Promo:

Shiny Gyarados:

Charizard G Lv. X

These are all I can think of at the moment and was hoping everybody here could post some more if you know of any?!
I really appreciate it and look forward to showing you all my collection later on :blush:

UPDATE 1:
Or cards like this:
Rocket’s Mewtwo Winner

as the holofoil on the main part of the card is different from the japanese version

2 Likes

There are probably more, but the one that popped into my head are the 5 Poké Card Creator Pack cards.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

O wow the artwork on those cards are beautiful! :grin:

Doesn’t Magmortar from Dragons Exalted have an exclusive artwork? I remember that it didn’t get the original Japanese artwork because it looked like a gun was pointing at you.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magmortar_(Dragons_Exalted_21)

2 Likes

Japan got the better artwork for that Eevee card.

Fan club Eevee is the card Incase you’re wondering

Now that I’m on an actual computer instead of mobile…

With cards printed exclusively in English I guess you mainly focus on the artwork. In that case:

• The 2002 Wizards Pokémon Illustration Contest Snorlax is a.f.a.i.k. only printed in English

• The 2004 Poké Card Creator Contest cards are only printed in English.

• The 2015 North American and European & Oceanian Art Academy cards are also only printed in English (and one in Spanish).

• The Pikachu World Collection 2010 USA artwork card is arguably printed only in English in terms of language. Although there is both a version with English back and new Japanese back.

• The Holo English Birthday Pikachu is arguably printed only in English. Yes, there are other languages printed (English World Collection 2000; Japanese; Italian; French and German), but if you look closely at the artwork of the WOTC English Holo Promo (top left one), you see its artwork is zoomed in compared to the others (which arguably is a different artwork exclusively printed on this English card).

(Yes, I’m still missing the German one… :sob: )

As you may have noted, my expertise is mostly Pikachu Cards, but I’m sure there are more exclusively English printed artworks, like the Eevee, Gyarados and Charizard you’ve shown.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

In that case, the other censored artworks are also exclusively English.

Btw, aren’t some of these also printed in French, German, Italian, etc. Yes they aren’t printed in Japanese, but that doesn’t make them exclusively English with these other languages available.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Can’t forget about the English Trophy Pikachu Cards :blush:

10 Likes

At the moment, this Mew card is exclusively English. That might change though:

2 Likes

They’ll have to print it in Japanese, it’s quite a decent competitive card and without a reprint means it can’t be played in Japanese standard.

Probably, but for now it’s English exclusive :wink:

The Pikachu (XY174 promo) was English exclusively for a short while as well, but I’ve got the Italian and German ones incoming currently. It hasn’t been released in Japanese yet though, but I have no doubt it will soon if I look at all the other recently released English-first Pikachu Cards.

Greetz,
Quuador

What about the ones that have been censored and they completely redo the artwork? Like Moo moo milk, misty’s tear and so on… I think those can be added to that list considering the art was redone for the English release :blush:

You haven’t read all the previous posts, have you? :wink:

In that case, the other censored artworks are also exclusively English.

Btw, aren’t some of these also printed in French, German, Italian, etc. Yes they aren’t printed in Japanese, but that doesn’t make them exclusively English with these other languages available.

[/quote]

1 Like

that’s really crazy about the birthday pikachus with the zoom and whatnot. I really enjoy subtle differences like that but it’s aspect of collecting that most people don’t care about.

1 Like

Whops! My bad :blush:

Is there Japanese versions for the Prime Promo cards that came from tins? Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr? I don’t remember seeing those in Japanese…

Example:

I love this art and would love to have a Japanese version if there was one but I’ve never seen one so I assume they don’t exist… If someone knows about this please let me know :blush:

3 Likes

Loving all of these cards! The art for the pikachu’s the mew and that typhlosion = phenomenal! I appreciate the info guy’s this is really helping! And I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think there is the same art on the typhlosion prime card in japanese I believe he is facing the other way with a slightly different pose and that is the only version I know of for the prime cards in japanese

1 Like

Yes that’s the normal set version of Typhlosion Prime. So I think these Promos weren’t printed in Japanese at all, indeed :blush:

This Chinchou is English exclusive. Who says we don’t get the good stuff??

5 Likes