Japanese cards/sets that don't exist in English

I recently discovered the Japanese Tag Team GX set, which includes alternative art not featured in English (such as Erika’s Hospitality).

Are there any resources that will show a list of cards that don’t exist in English?

I’m also interested in a list of promos (especially Pikachus) that are Japanese only. Or even Chinese/Korean etc.

By the way, this is the card that I’m referencing:

1 Like

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unnumbered_Promotional_cards_(TCG)

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unnumbered_Promotional_cards_(TCG)/1996-2005

Many in here that are exclusive.

Solid place to start if you haven’t seen it yet. I was just asking around about some missing early exclusives the other day. There’s soooo much out there!

3 Likes

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vending_Machine_cards_(TCG)

5 Likes

On a semi unrelated note, it’s absolutely disgusting and criminal how TCPI didn’t print that Erika in english.

1 Like

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_VS_(TCG)

VS was a set we never got in English that came out back in 2001. If you haven’t seen it before give it a look. It has fantastic cards :grin:

4 Likes

Absolutely

Thanks!

Also, thank you @brendantheclayboy, @trainerm

4 Likes

Some other Japanese exclusives that haven’t yet been mentioned:

PokePark Forest
Movie VS pack cards (there are others besides the linked one, this is just one of them)

Gift Box Emerald has a Japanese exclusive Rayquaza ex and Deoxys exAnd also the PokePark cards that you got for going on rides (there are a bunch of them).

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for it in English. The only Full Art Supporter cards they haven’t printed in English yet (except for exclusive ones, like the Team Rocket Brief Case promos, Extra Battle Day promos, The Masked Royal, and Alola Friends) are the 12 cards from the Tag All Stars. I do believe, or mostly hope actually, they’ll be printed in English. But no idea if my gut is true, or it just doesn’t happen.

I’ll probably wait until the end of 2021, otherwise I’ll buy all 12 of them in Japanese for my Full Art Supporter collection (that is, if I still have any money to spend left at the end of 2021… :unamused: ).

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Honestly there are most probably way too many to list all of them here without forgetting a few.
Most of my favorites have already been mentioned.

Here are some random ones that come to my mind:

@nish 's WTB thread introduced me to the WAKA WAKA Exciting Battle set yesterday:
m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Everyone%27s_Exciting_Battle_(TCG)

Charizard from the Neo 2 Premium File is also JPN exclusive.

Also many cards with real human photographs weren’t released in English (some of them are in the bulbapedia promo list, but not all):
www.elitefourum.com/t/pokemon-cards-with-real-human-photographs-masterlist-wip/30482/1

1 Like

Pichu does exist in english

For sets that dont exist in english, the movie promos or movie theme decks dont exist in english. The deoxys deck or theater limited vs pack and the 10th and 11th movie commemoration pack.

1 Like

Oops you’re right, I edited it out.

Intro Pack Neo got some nice exclusive art. That’s how I got my Abra I needed.

2 Likes

Just noticed today that Neo 2 Beedrill is holo and Neo Discovery isn’t. I’m sure there are a couple of other examples like this in Neo/Gym sets can anyone remember?

Butterfree from the same set!

Also, Aero, Starmie, and Kingdra (and maybe others) from Neo 3.

There are also some great ones from the ex series, like Espeon and Umbreon (from Magma?) and Cloyster from FRLG!

2 Likes

Spot on! There was a bunch of switching and merging in the early ex sets when they were ported from Japanese to English. Like all of the holos in Japanese Magma vs Aqua that weren’t Magma or Aqua Pokes became regular rares in Sandstorm. Still salty that the Arcanine didn’t get a holo version…

1 Like

These two sets are Japanese exclusive which also collaborate together. 2009 Pokémon Card Design ContestMovie Commemoration Random Pack (TCG)
I find unique concepts like this ingenious, which the Japanese execute perfectly.

2 Likes

Some of my favorite promos are exclusive to Japan.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jigglypuff_(DPt-P_Promo_47)

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chatot_(DPt-P_Promo_32)

1 Like

McDonald’s sets were only released in Japan.

For example:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/McDonald%27s_Pok%C3%A9mon-e_Minimum_Pack_(TCG)