Pokemon cards with real human photographs - Masterlist [WIP]

*UPDATED 01/23/2021 with image of ‘2001 Neo Summer Battle Road National No. 2 Ho-oh w/ Winner’s Face’*

Hey everyone,
I couldn’t find a comprehensive list of artworks that use real human photos, so I kindly ask you to help me create one :blush:.
This is not for illustrated faces like Mega Sachiko EX or Ishihara GX, only real photos. However it doesn’t need to be a face, other body parts are fine too (like the leg on Detective Pikachu Charmander).

Shoutout to @hyruleguardian and all the others that helped creating the Master List of the Rarest Pokemon Cards, which I took a lot of info from.
Here is what I have so far. I’ll update this list with your entries.

1997 Imakuni? - coro coro promo

Spoiler

2000 World Challenge Super Secret Battle National w/ Winner’s Face No. 1

2000 World Challenge Super Secret Battle National w/ Winner’s Face No. 2

2000 World Challenge Super Secret Battle National w/ Winner’s Face No. 3

2000 World Challenge Tropical Mega Battle National w/ Winner’s Face No. 1

2000 World Challenge Tropical Mega Battle National w/ Winner’s Face No. 2

Spoiler

2000 World Challenge Tropical Mega Battle National w/ Winner’s Face No. 3

2001 Neo Spring Battle Road National No. 1 Lugia w/ Winner’s Face

2001 Neo Spring Battle Road National No. 2 Lugia w/ Winner’s Face

Spoiler

2001 Neo Spring Battle Road National No. 3 Lugia w/ Winner’s Face

2001 Neo Summer Battle Road National No. 1 Ho-oh w/ Winner’s Face

2001 Neo Summer Battle Road National No. 2 Ho-oh w/ Winner’s Face

Spoiler

2001 Neo Summer Battle Road National No. 3 Ho-oh w/ Winner’s Face

Spoiler

2002 Elite Four Trainer - Battle Road Top 4 Players w/ Winner’s Faces

Spoiler

2002 Battle Road Trophy w/ Winner’s Face No. 1

2002 Battle Road Trophy w/ Winner’s Face No. 2

Spoiler

2002 Battle Road Trophy w/ Winner’s Face No. 3

2004 PokeDude - Daisuki Club Promo

Spoiler

2012 Pokémon Card Game Trainer (Jumbo) - BW-P Promo

Spoiler

2013 Imakuni? - 096/093 EX Battle Boost

Spoiler

2013 Pokemon Enterprise - 097/093 EX Battle Boost

Spoiler

2013 Pokemon Enterprise - 098/093 EX Battle Boost

Spoiler

2013 Pokemon Enterprise - 099/093 EX Battle Boost

Spoiler

2014 PokéTV’s AD Pikachu - XY-P Promo 56

Spoiler

2016 Pikachu & Nicole Fujita - XY-P Pokekyun

Spoiler

2019 Charmander - Great Detective Pikachu 005/024

Spoiler

2019 Machamp - 018/024 Great Detective Pikachu

Spoiler

2019 Lt. Yoshida - 025/024 Great Detective Pikachu

Spoiler

Let me know if you know of any others!
Thanks!

15 Likes

All I knew are listed there, good job!

1 Like

Man those Detective Pikachu cards are PHENOMENALLY ugly. Cursed.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call any of the above cards particularily beautiful or even average. In fact they really stand out with their unique ugliness, which makes them so interestung to me.

But c’mon guys, there have to be some more human cards out there. No way I found them all already.

Jumping in on my favourites :grin:

Poke TV Japanese promo
M Sachiko EX

2 Likes

I don’t think M Sachiko qualifies because her portrait is not a real photo but a pretty realistic drawing. The Poke Tv Pikachu Ad however is awesome, exactly what I’ve been looking for! I just added it to the list :blush:. Thanks!

Nothing but RESPECT for AD Pikachu and the Nicole Fujita promos. Two great looking and unique cards.

I heavily agree on the ‘unique’ part and beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all :blush:

Bump. Anyone know of more real human photo artworks?

All the ones I knew of are already in your list. Only exception are the 2012 Battle Carnival photo booth cards, where people could get a picture made as a Jumbo card. Here an example:

So I guess potentially there are a lot of cards out there with real people. :wink: Here the relevant page on Bulbapedia.

Also, since you’ve added the Imakuni? card twice (once for the promo and once for the EX Battle Boost reprint): there is a third one from the Japanese BREAK Starter Deck (same artwork as EX Battle Booster, though). The three Pokémon Enterprise and Imakuni? cards from the EX Battle Boost set are also all available as both non-Holo and Reverse Holo.

And I always thought the Shiny Imakuni? was a photo as well, but apparently it’s drawn on closer inspection, just like the Mega Sachiko EX, Ishihara GX, Ishihara & Pikachu GX, Doug Ferguson GX, other Imakuni? cards, the Junichi Masuda Psyduck, etc. are all drawn based on real people.

Here a similar list someone else made on the French Pokémon forum last month.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

I want more celebrities on pokémon cards, love my Ken Watanabe fullart trainer lmao.

I’m a bit jealous of the seth rogan magic card. What would be a good 90s kid on a pokémon card? Most Hollywood stars I care about are probably a little bit too old to really care about pokémon.

@quuador, thank you for your thorough answer as always! I knew I could count on you :wink:
I’ve updated the list with the 2012 BW-P photo booth Jumbo. Regarding variants like reverse foils I’m keeping it as it is for now, since I’m only after unique artworks.

I’m surprised there aren’t more. Then again, if you leave out the one-of-a-kind cards, completing a full set of all real human photo cards seems fairly doable, which is nice!

1 Like

Hello, not sure if there’s a newer thread for this topic (this is my first time commenting) but the TMB no.3 Sold on I believe yahoo for $114k a few months back and there are images. Saw it was still blank on here? Also the TMB no.1 is a Girl, spoke with someone who knows the holders of some of the cards listed and they said the holder of no.1 (I’m guessing TMB because we were discussing the other 2 at this moment) doesn’t want their name or the card being publicly shown for privacy reasons so I’m guessing that the holder is the OG winner or the current holder bought directly in expectation that they would keep the card hidden from public eye. I won’t name my source due to them not being big fans of the E4 community, but they do own trophy cards and other high tier cards along with the other knowledge they possess and the location they live I would trust them when it comes to this topic. This could be old news by now but just wanted to share some possible “new” info.

Idk how to post pictures on here yet but if the TMB no.3 Auction & images are needed lmk and we’ll figure it out lol.

1 Like

If this is up to date than I have some info, I’m new to posting idk if just posting in the thread will notify you so I’m going to quote lol already posted my main comment in the thread (I’m super ignorant on using forums)

1 Like

@inthewoods, thank you for coming to my ancient thread! Bumping with new important information is always more than welcome! :blush:
It’d be awesome if you’d like to share some pics. I’ll include them as soon as I find time! Here’s a simple solution on how to share pics: www.elitefourum.com/t/how-to-upload-images/24249/1

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

@inthewoods,You are correct that the No.1 TMB WC Winner was a girl, one of the SSB WC winners was also a girl.

1 Like