Cards so rare, a picture of it doesn't even exist

As the title suggests, I have a question on the particular cards that are so elusive and seldom spoke of, there aren’t even pictures of them floating around. To my knowledge, the only ones I have never been able to find pictures of are the 2004 No. 1 Trainer, 2001 Summer/Spring Battle Road No. 1 Trainers (the ones with the picture of the winner and either Ho-Oh or Lugia in the background), and certain personalized 2002 Female Trainer cards from the Battle road tournaments held in different, corresponding prefectures. My main question is what are the other cards that do not have pics floating around, and whether or not the ones I have already listed do, in fact, have pictures, and im just not a professional sleuth.

I have one of those cards. Below is a picture of it that doesn’t exist.

Beautiful, isn’t it?

10 Likes

wow, that’s sick. Where’d ya get it?

1 Like

I got it from the Invisible House of Cards.

1 Like

I think I need a trip to my optometrist😵

3 Likes

I just remembered that I also have …

…the CoroCoro jumbo version.

5 Likes

That’s hilarious. Well done;)

1 Like

Looks like a strong PSA10. Make sure you send it to PSA express

m.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Error-Misprint-Yellow-Filler-Test-Card-/222881277804

Here’s a rare one :smirk: is it a holo, non holo, common, uncommon?? We’ll never know

Maybe some languages of the non-Japanese VS series?
Like Dutch (not sure if they were made in Dutch)?

1 Like

Snap Magikarp would be one, a real copy hasn’t surfaced only the picture from silver bible.

5 Likes

I wish this set was made in Dutch!
Having just the first 3 sets in Dutch is nice from a completionists PoV, but the VS cards are amazing!

Dunno if that counts since it’s not even clear if these cards count as counterfeit or actually licensed, but a lot of the funskool cards don’t have any pictures online.

1 Like

yeah, that’s true. At least there’s a picture of what it’s supposed to look like for reference, though haha.

Yeah, good point. Reference pictures of them are on Bulbapedia, but I wonder if the actual cards will ever pop up.

I have not seen photographic evidence of the Zapdos EX and Moltres EX from ex Fire Red & Leaf Green that are missing the shard holographic effect. Here is the Articuno equivalent of the trio that has been active for several months, but I can’t seem to find any photos of the others:

www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Pokemon-card-EX-Fire-Red-Leaf-Green-Aritcuno-EX-SR-114-112-Error-Misprint-/282530709171

1 Like

@djgigabyte wow that is a really cool picture, thanks for sharing it! It’s such an exciting feeling seeing super rare cards for the first time, WOW!

Only that doctor?

3 Likes

well never thought I’d see all those together haha. Much appreciated. I forgot Yamato had a Twitter haha. Should’ve checked that out before posting lol

That card on the right is called the finalist trophy of the 2002 events. The battle roads yielded the no. 1/2/3 trainers whereas in the final event the best players had their photo printed on the card.

1 Like