Foreign set releases NOT in English or Japanese?

So today while I was at my local gaming shop, pretty much all of them are in love with my Japanese cards since they don’t see them ever (and they LOVE the quality of them) and one of them said to me:

“So are there any other sets that have had a foreign release only?”

My first thought was no, because I have only heard of sets getting and English, Japanese, and are THEN translated into other languages. However, I wanted to ask the board at large if this is the case.

SO - are there any sets in existence that have only had a foreign release outside of Japan and English-language cards?

Korean is the only one that comes to mind, as they had their Series 1-10, but even those are prints of cards from various English/Japanese sets. There may be a few promos I’m not thinking of though.

Ooh nice! Are there any threads/pictures of the sets, please?

I don’t know what E4 has unearthed, but I know of these:
koreanpokemoncards.weebly.com/home.html
www.poisonpie.com/toys/korean/index.html

Not complete resources, but pretty decent from what I’ve found. They helped me identify what sets I needed to purchase to get the Pikachu cards. Again, the cards are just mixes of prints from various English/Japanese sets.

There’s a french-only McDonalds set.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/McDonald%27s_Collection_2013_(TCG)

1 Like

Oh wow that’s super cool! :grin: Thanks ^^

Indeed, though it is another case of cards that were printed in other sets for artwork, if that matters.

Here’s another that you can decide if it would count or not, the 2016 McDonalds set that released has so far only been released in Europe, both in English (which was actually a Polish release unless I’m mistaken) and Italian. It has seen an English print technically, but it wasn’t released in your typical starting English release locations.

It was released in Italian? :confounded: Are you sure? I have McDonald’s Pikachu from 2015 in English and French, and from 2016 in English (from Poland), French (from Belgium) and Spanish:

I’ve never seen the Italian 2016 one, though. Guess I have another one to look for then. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I don’t have a picture of the Pikachu as I don’t have one yet, but here are two others from the set.

1 Like