Master List of the Rarest Pokémon Cards

Pika trophies have three versions the ‘97 don’t have a number, ‘98 have the number 1 in their text the ‘98-‘99 (they started out being released in ‘98 but for collecting terms they’re referred to as ‘99) have a 2 in their text. The lizardon would be ‘98, kamex would be ‘99 I don’t think ‘97s had a evolution line and instead were just an official tournament.

If you want to start with error cards I know there’s only 30 of each WB inverted stamp cards Pikachu, dragonite, mewtwo, electabuzz. No damage Ninetales makes the list, but impossible to tell the number.

I would also speculate trainer deck A/B machamp blastoise would make the list, but now way to know for sure. I don’t think the other trainer deck cards would fit as there were multiple in the box. Maybe the b deck had only one computer search, I’d have to look it up though.

Are we omitting stuff not officially released like FPO, PR raichu, Sample? If we’re not the list would be insane with things.

3 Likes

Amazing work, this is such a good resource thank you! Would definitely love a version that has cards with a 1000+ distribution.

1 Like

I trust your judgment to know what the cards have been called commonly.

I do know that there are 3 variants of the old Pika trophies. The first was awarded at the “Pokemon Card Official Tournament” in mid-1997, the second was awarded at “Lizardon Mega Battle” in late 1997, and the third was awarded at “Kamex Mega Battle” in September 1998.

But colloquially when people talk about the “1997 Pikas” they really just mean the first ones that were awarded in mid-1997.

I don’t think people particularly care about the distinction between the Lizard/Kamex Mega Battle variants so I put them on the same line and simply made a note of the distinction.

I would like to work on this too! First I would like to finish fleshing out the under 1,000 list.

1 Like

Could you help me with this in regards to finding the resource/Bulbapedia articles and the exact art that was used for the 1,000 copy cards? (And do you know if the art was unique?)

Thanks!

@cullers With this list, I think the items should be limited to “official” cards. I think stuff like the FPO cards can be included in the same list as the error cards (maybe a separate section within the error card list), when I/we/whoever gets around to that list.

If you really think the Trainer Deck Machamp/Blastoise had under 1,000 distribution each, I’ll include them on the list.

1 Like

Art wasnt unique, i know that much as its also featured on the call of legends shinys, but ill try to see if i can dig up official information somewhere!

1 Like

@hyruleguardian, bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Suicune_(Call_of_Legends_SL11) so if you look at release information, it says the following:

“This card was released in the Call of Legends expansion. In Japan, during the months of May and June 2010, those who bought two LEGEND series booster packs were entered into a drawing to win one of one thousand sets of Entei, Raikou, and Suicune.”

Not sure how id even go about finding confirmation of this sort of a thing here, but its the best I have for now lol. Hope this can help a tad in some way or if anyone else can chime in on em!

1 Like

I really appreciate it! I did come across this Bulbapedia page after you mentioned the cards, but I was somewhat confused about what makes the 1 of 1,000 versions unique from the regular Call of Legends versions.

If someone could enlighten us, that would be great!

Thanks guys. I don’t have any specific information on that, so Chris probably knows better than me. I was just going on the pop report and comparing it to other cards on the list with similar pops and distribution methods.

Will agree on this, wanted to know the limitations

1 Like

Add the L-P chosen entry Zoroark and zorua. The PSA pop is significantly less then the contest equivalent cards. Distribution should be 660 of each based on bulbapedia but is most likely less.

4 Likes

Thank you for this

Can you link some source info on this card? Where are those numbers coming from, distribution details. Thanks.

See bottom circled part.

1 Like

Off the top of my head and sorry if I read over them in the Master List:

297/XY-P Suzukisan (100 copies)
298/XY-P MegaSachiko EX (100 copies)

Source: XY-P Promo List

017/016 Pachirisu (Pokémon Scramble 17) (100 copies)
018/016 Croagunk (Pokémon Scramble 18) (100 copies)
019/016 Eevee (Pokémon Scramble 19) (100 copies)

Source: Pokémon Rumble (TCG)

3 Likes

@lapraslaughing I added both to the list, good stuff!

I don’t know if anybody can verify things like this or has documentation, but I highly doubt there are 660 copies. Anybody who has been looking for them for years will know that these are much harder to find than the 100 copy design contest zoroark / zorua.

1 Like

I added all of these to the list, thanks. :blush:

I will put this in the notes for the card.