Rarest item(s) in your collection

Recently i was looking through old threads for more info on zukan bandai cards and i stumbled upon this thread www.elitefourum.com/t/rarest-item-s-in-your-collection/11900/1
I dont know how to do the fancy link on the word “thread” so ignore my lack of grace and post your dang rare items.

I loved seeing some of the trophies in that thread, along with obscure items. Looking forward to seeing peoples grails, even king pokemon mightve upgraded his square no stage blastoise to a protostoise by now :wink:

5 Likes

I have a rare label :crazy_face:

Psa 8 No Rarity Venusaur

I would say my no rarities are somewhat rare, but nothing like trophy cards or some promos.

2 Likes

PSA 9 Prerelease Clefable is probably my rarest card at pop 9.

I know that’s not too rare of a card compared to some of the crazy stuff people on this board have, but I’m mostly a set collector with a few other things. Someday if/when I finish my sets maybe I’ll go after some other stuff.

12 Likes

That’s a really good card! Honestly a bit of a sleeper card. Most people don’t realize how insanely difficult they are to grade! Still no Psa 10 copies 20 years later!

10 Likes

I usually don’t check the value of something once I own it

1 Like

The infamous, illustrious, elusive…Champion Double Colorless Energy.

:wink:

Six awarded and uniquely stamped for each event. Twenty four in the world.

30 Likes

By rarity, are you solely referring to the number of copies in existence? If so, then this little guy is probably the rarest card I own:

Pichufan did the math on the rarest card list megathread, and he believes that <450 copies were distributed. But safely <1000, for sure. Probably not even in the top 100 most valuable cards I own, but most likely the rarest.

And then I have quite a few cards that definitely seem “rare,” but that I don’t know exactly how rare. Cards like the Lottery Kirlia/Absol and the P4 Deoxys/Chimecho/Sceptile. All certainly seem rarer than the WB Creator cards (which each had 5250 copies distributed), but I have no way of knowing for sure. And then there are also the PokePark Forest cards, which were rumored at 1000 copies each (a rumor that I personally doubt).

13 Likes

Definitely not the most valuable, and no idea on the actual number of copies. Anecdotally though, I’ve seen very few of these pop up in collections or for sale, so probably this guy!

21 Likes

Never seen another Chansey like this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

39 Likes

I was fortunate enough to pick up what is currently the highest GPA PSA-graded 2009 Design Contest set back in June last year. The 2009 set is notoriously harder to find than the 2010 set and it took me 4 solid years of almost daily searching before I was able to track my first card from the set in 2019 - it’s crazy that just 1 year on from that purchase I also had the full set in my collection.

The Elementary School Second Grade winner card pictured above is one of three of the cards from the set which I have an extra copy of. On top of that, this is the only PSA 10 copy to have been graded so far.

I’ve written what can hopefully be called an unbiased article about the set on my blog if anyone who hasn’t already seen it is interested: pichu.blog/2009-design-contest. It details how the only copies of most of these to have surfaced so far are almost certainly extra copies and compares the set with the 2010 Design Contest and 2015 Art Academy competition to give an idea of just how hard these cards are to find.

24 Likes

Card itself isn’t too rare but getting harder and harder to find. Currently a pop 1.

28 Likes

In terms of available copies, it’s my MATCHPRINT Pikachu, of which just two exist:

Or maybe my pop-1 BGS black label 10, of which currently just one exists, but more could potentially be added in the future:

Greetz,
Quuador

30 Likes

Very happy to have these in my collection. 1998 Family Event Trophy Kangaskhan and a recently acquired TMB 2000 medal along with the commemorative photo and invitation letter!

41 Likes

I guess that’d have to be my “slash error” Krabby.

11 Likes

@six where did you find / design / purchase that acrylic case for psa graded cards? Looks lovely :blush:

1 Like

@qwachansey I got it last year from this IG guy from Europe, he is also on ebay but bc of shipping it was cheaper to buy direct, it is really nice and sturdy :blush:

instagram.com/pandoracases?igshid=3rtke3t4jidb

1 Like

This recent pickup is my rarest. There is thought to be 3 of this art but if you count personalized trophies as their own it would be a 1 of 1.

71 Likes

I guess it would be my profile picture… the number we have (based on tournament documentation) is 180? But I think that’s easily higher because of a certain seller’s history (surprisingly not pkonno). Don’t care if it’s not the actual rarest card, you can keep those… Tropical Wind is SSS tier, no questions about it (but your other rare cards are definitely cool please keep showing them :blush: ).

26 Likes

Agreed. Honestly I think it is very likely that there will never be a PSA 10. And if there is it will be out of my price range. The 9 popped up on ebay one day, I thought about it for a minute or two and bought it. Really glad I did as I haven’t even seen another one available since. IMO people definitely underestimate this one, or maybe just don’t collect it as much since it was a promo.

1 Like

Such a great rare, unique item! What are your plans, keeping it raw or getting it graded?