Your rarest card?

What is your rarest card you own ? If you feel comfortable share a pic too as it would be great too see :raised_hands:

Maybe a little info on it too as I’m and hopefully others would love too learn as too why it’s so rare :partying_face:

9 Likes

I actually bought the Pikachu I mentioned in that article recently too!

19 Likes

That’s an amazing addition ! Those Daisuki prize cards are crazy rare , I never hardly see them come up for auction or sale so congratulations! :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::partying_face:

For true rarity, my tmb. For condition rarity it would be different

49 Likes

What I would do too have this card …. Amazing :pray:t2: I’m assuming there’s less than 500 copies

586, but how many actually survived is unknown. The pops are still relatively low!

1 Like

That is still a super low amount , such a great piece of Pokémon history

1 Like

Info is pretty limited on these contest cards. Most likely 100 of each copy was given out but could be fewer.

42 Likes

The illustration contest winners are all amazing arts

This Pichu one is a great art piece

I would love too have one of the Arceus winners one day

:giraffe:

63 Likes

Very cool card ! Do we know any big on on this one ?

Not sure I understand the question! Think there may he a typo and after 9pm my ability to problem solve drastically decreases, until it shoots up again at 2am :slight_smile:

1 Like

i dont have a photo of it, but i have a quarter finalist champions festival card :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Unikarp

53 Likes

Going off of pure rarity it is without a doubt the Cloud of Darkness/Onion Knight A-002 Promo Card from Final Fantasy Opus.

It’s in poor condition and received a CGC 4.5 due to fairly serious damage. It was given out at the Dissidia 3rd Anniversary in 2018 in Japan. Was handed out loose in a goodie bag that contained stationery; pens, badges etc and the damage on mine indicates it was squished up against the badge they received.

Specific numbers are unknown but the estimate is between 150-300, but the pool of cards is likely at the much lower end of this range due to the distribution method and the fact the event was not TCG based.

23 Likes

Got to currently be my Art Academy Kyogre, Currently a overall graded pop of 14, awesome thread btw :smiley:

54 Likes

198 copies distributed. In PSA 10 I think they are less than 20 of each right now.

29 Likes

I still have my own copy of the CoroCoro Red Phone Card.

Allegedly only 50 but I know there’s some internal debate on that. Nor do I count it as part of my collection.

As for Gyarados though -

I might eventually do an article but I found out a while ago that it was a mail order lottery prize card with only 131 available (it was a 151 promotion - 20 other winners would get a giant Pikachu plush that was tossed in a few other promotions).

33 Likes

I have no rare cards. Just set cards :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

It wasn’t expensive but there’s only 10 PSA 10 copies so I guess it counts as rare.

Certainly the rarest thing I’ve picked up in my 6 weeks of collecting.

15 Likes