日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

日本のマーケット部分

After popular demand, we are now adding a Giant Japanese Market Thread! The General GMT is mainly focused on the English market, specifically WOTC. The Japanese Market thread is for anyone who wants to discuss the japanese market: Modern product, New releases, Old releases, prices changes, share an interesting card; literally anything in relation to the japanese market!

67 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Japanese sucks, don’t buy it.

42 Likes

DO NOT BUY!

18 Likes

Awesome idea!

2 Likes

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-Lopunny-Holo-DP-Exchange-Please-Promo-Card-51-DP-P-/183765325739?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

thoughts on this sale? personally I think it’s undervalued

6 Likes

Does anyone know the distribution of the Rescue Team DX’s Pikachu? I’ve looked all over Japanese websites and can barely find them. Since it was associated with a game, I figured it would be pretty widespread. Any ideas?

3 Likes

Wow I just opened these from a package minutes ago:

19 Likes

Just have a look at the 001/s-p that also came free with games, English reprint didn’t stop it from being ~150$ now. Rescue DX is exclusive as of now.

5 Likes

Oh no, now Japanese cards are going to go stonking even more!

13 Likes

I see you’ve renamed the original Giant Market Thread to “English Giant Market Thread” now that we have this one. But where do I have to go to link or discuss a Dutch or Russian card? :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetz,
Quuador

12 Likes

Great :blush:

4 Likes

Great idea! :blush:

Although I’m not a big collector of Japanese cards, for me there’s one exception: Japanese CP6 “Evolutions”

Those packs are so much fun to open. You are guaranteed to get a Base holo reprint in every single pack. The quality of the cards is incredible, like a 90% chance of getting a PSA 10. I opened well over 100 packs when the set first came out. Of course now I kind of wish I kept them all sealed! It’s amazing how much they are selling for these days.

Most of the holos from the packs I opened are at PSA. I probably will sell some of the extras, but only so I can cover my grading costs for the lot. I really don’t want to sell any of them, because they are just so much fun to own.

I’m thinking about carrying this interest forward and getting Japanese 25th anniversary products this year. Maybe one day I’ll take a bigger leap into Japanese card collecting. :wink:

6 Likes

If you want ‘accurate’/ ‘professional’ Japanese name for this thread:
日本版専用マーケットスレ
Means:
Japan Dedicated Market Thread

Edit: sorry if I sound snobby

17 Likes

Love the thread. Personally, one of my goals is to pick up as many vending set cards as I can. We’re really incredibly lucky that there are a few people on eBay who still have the sheets. As soon as those run out, I imagine prices will skyrocket. That said, supply has held pretty strong for 10 years, even though prices have increased dramatically. Fell off a truck I suppose :wink:When there’s art like this, though, I don’t expect it to last forever.

cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/0f/HaunterVendingS3-2.jpg

4 Likes

Oh no :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

Good long term investments?

25 Likes

I get the feeling it’s tougher to point out something Japanese that isn’t undervalued

2 Likes

Do you guys think there is a soft ceiling for 7k PLAY Mews? First quarter last year they were <$500 for a mint raw but now there’s two listed on ebay for $1400, and the last raw sold for $1000 last week. PWCC PSA 10 sold for $3200 in November too

3 Likes

I’ve been to Japan a few times on bizniz, what are some good card stores to visit?

Also, I am really not a fan of Japan KFC, they don’t do chips!

2 Likes