日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

@nish, There’s a ton of them out there, just needs someone to shill em some more tho.

This sale seemed wild to me, shredded Espeon for 7k. I wonder why the Wonder Platinum (which looks way better than this) hasnt sold yet at 12k.
buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/f483668400

4 Likes

マンダラケ (Mandarake) the one in Nakano (中野) is huge!
Any card shop in the ラジオ会館
Book-off (they have good deals on older cards if you’re lucky to find any)
I think one of our very own members owns a shop @kkthxbai (He goes by @card_Secret on instragram)

4 Likes

I think he’s banned from this forum, lol

2 Likes

:sweat:

2 Likes

To answer your question, “yes”. However don’t highlight or bring any more attention to this card, thanks! :grin:

4 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder… I would rather have a creased card than a faded one with bite marks (!?).

2 Likes

I’ve been watching this card for a while and it looks like it has went a few cycles on the Japanese Auction.

buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/t765489738

I love it and it seems like a more prestigious version of the Gold Victory Medal card, but only for the reason that it’s encased with a commemorative ‘Gym Final - Congratulations’ paper. Otherwise, unless I’m missing something, the card is same as the other ones given out the same year.

I read the Bulbapedia entry and it discusses the various locations and tournaments in which this card was awarded, but my question is how many of these plaques were given out? Were most of the cards awarded given out in sealed packs?

3 Likes

In 20 years I’m selling my mint copy for $80,000

8 Likes

Anyone have or know where I can find the pop report for 2002 McDonald’s Japanese Promos?

2 Likes

www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/2002/pokemon-japanese-mcdonalds-promo/107165

2 Likes

www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/2002/156967

ctrl + F “mcdonald’s”

2 Likes

www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/2002/pokemon-japanese-mcdonalds-promo/107165

Such a nice set to collect.

Edit: lol 2 people beat me. Also wow the pops are really not very high, and they’re not exactly easy to find mint in japan either…

2 Likes

Thanks all I looked at that (PSA) already, is that the most accurate? I guess I should had been more specific for pop report as in print run. I can’t seem to find much on it, but so far this seems super rare?

2 Likes

speaking of McDonalds can someone tell me why there is a 2002 mcdonalds set and a 2002 mcdonalds promo set? just wondering.

also side question is this thread good for non tcg cards like carddass etc etc?

3 Likes

January 11th and we already have the thread of the year! Thanks MVPratte :blush:

7 Likes

The P promo McDonald’s cards are not particularly rare. They just suffer from the nonholo curse.

Too many smooth brain holo collectors get the pikachu/squirtle/charmander/larvitar holo McDonald’s cards but true intellectuals recognize the P promo sets as rightly superior

11 Likes

Absolutely!

4 Likes

For e series, there are 3 different Mcdonalds sets.

1. P promos 021-025 (Umbreon is probably the most popular from this set)
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/P_Promotional_cards_(TCG)

1 card per pack. Nonholo only

2. P promos 029-037 (Mew is probably most popular)
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/P_Promotional_cards_(TCG)
    1 card per pack. Nonholo only

3. Holo Mcdonald’s cardsbulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/McDonald%27s_Pok%C3%A9mon-e_Minimum_Pack_(TCG)
    includes 2 holos (pokemon + energy) per pack plus some nonholos and I believe damage countersThe contents are predetermined (ie. all charmander packs contain fire energy and the same nonholos)

8 Likes

What do people think about the swallowed pikachu promo? I want it but I can’t justify the price. Just lost out on 2 boxes on buyee when they went way over my limit :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but it looks like you accidentally received my order. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes