E4 Secret Santa 2023 [PICTURE THREAD]

This is the official thread for all pictures of Secret Santa gifts received!
All official announcements will continue to be posted in the main thread, so keep an eye on that.

GROUND RULES:

• This thread is for positivity only.
  • Don’t post real names/addresses. Anything else from the gift is fair game.
  • Unboxing videos, photos, descriptions, etc. are all appropriate ways to share. If you are unsure about your post, ask first!
  • Seriously, don’t complain. It ruins things and hurts feelings and makes you look bad and stuff. If you have an issue with your gift or you believe your sender did not meet the value threshold, message @fourthstartcg.
  • If a user did not specifically include their name on the gift, try to respect their anonymity. Don’t harass anyone about whether or not they are your Secret Santa. They can come out on their own if they so desire.

Disparaging your gift in any way will not be tolerated. If you complain in this thread about your gift or say crap like “I wish I got that gift instead of mine,” I am auto-banning you for 30 days. This is a time to build others up and do something selfless.

Have fun :heart_eyes:

35 Likes

Ok, I did it. I opened it. I know Christmas is still a month away, but that didn’t stop me.

Before I go on about this awesome gift, I just need to thank @Kanto_Cowboy up front! Thank you so much for the amazing gift! I love it!

So here is what I received:

Excellent work on the Santa Snorlax – he’s going on the shelf. As for everything else, I love it all! You got me too much, and I truly appreciate it. These pieces will stay in my collection forever :heart:

Let’s talk about this Trapinch though. I mean, come on! This is literally my favorite Trapinch, and I only had a cheap binder copy up until now. I am so excited to have this graded one – I keep looking at it. Reverse holos from this era just hit different, and a Komiya one is even better!

And this mudkip! Oh man! I love promos and I love mudkip even more, so this is something special! I didn’t have a copy of it until now, and I am super excited to add it to the collection!!

As for the nongraded singles, I love them just as much (and I had none of these before). I wanted this gorgeous Komiya drowzee but never pulled or purchased one. The roaring moon is super cool, and I might end up putting it in a deck; if nothing else, I really love gold cards. This mudkip promo is so cute; I’ve seen it on Bulbapedia before, but I never made the purchase! Super happy I’ve got one now! The Pokémon Trader is super fitting, and I actually love legendary collection cards (even if it is base set 3) because of the sentimental feeling I get when looking at these reverses. Also, this Squirtle is so freaking cute – I love Ooyama’s illustrations, so this matches me perfectly! And last but not least, the Eevee and Snorlax Tag Team – this is a card that I absolutely love and am so happy to have it now! I’ve wanted this card since I first saw it, but I never ended up getting one until now :heart: Dang! I just feel so spoiled!!

Speaking of Ooyama, this playing card set is so cool! I had never seen it before and I am very much in love with it!

And this Squirtle! Oh man! It reminds me of a similar figure I had when I was a kid! I had forgotten about it until now!

Also, I had to open the packs and they were :fire: Back to back full art trainer hits, with one being a special illustration rare! Just adds to the greatness that this gift was!

And I saved the best for last: the signed card! I’ve already added it to the signature binder :slight_smile: I love getting E4 members to sign cards, and this is such a wonderful addition!

Sorry for all the exclamation marks, but I really do love all this, and I appreciate it so much! This is my second year doing the E4 Secret Santa Exchange; I’m so glad I joined this one and the last.
They just fill me with so much joy! Again, thank you so much @Kanto_Cowboy! You really nailed it!

67 Likes

Wow!! Could not have started this thread in any better way. Awesome first post. Thanks for kicking this thread off, eagerly looking forward to see many more.

Cheers!

14 Likes

Glad you like everything and merry Christmas! Cherish the signature, as of now that baby is 1 of 1 :sunglasses::smirk:

20 Likes

I hope you animals aren’t going to open these packages from SANTA before SANTA delivers them, because time travel isn’t real and he only delivers them on December 24th/25th so it’s impossible for them to be opened before then…RIGHT?!

6 Likes

REAL

3 Likes

Unlike some users with considerably more patience, I did not wait to open my Secret Santa gift. I opened it immediately, as is my right.

Mine was from @Charizard1020! :grin:

I love the size of the “fit” plushie, it’s so cute. I love its floppy little limbs too. Terrific unit.

Thank you for the box of cats, especially the excellent artwork. Promos and plushies, baby, what could be better? The answer is nothing.

Everyone else who’s waiting until Christmas, sucks to be you. I get to be happy now.

66 Likes

bro its not even DECEMBER yet, but very sick

2 Likes

(drinking heavily) It’s December o’clock somewhere.

23 Likes

I’m so glad it got there safely! I’m glad you like it! I thought the e-reader promo was cool and the plushie is just “chef’s kiss”

13 Likes

Thank you for the well-conceived and prompt gift-giving. :grin:

5 Likes

13 Likes

My Santa doesnt play around and had my gift here even before Thanksgiving! I finally was able to get to opening packages and was very confused by the nondescript box filled with nondescript packages until I found the amazing art that was included. Unfortunately for their amazing generosity that I dont mind being driven crazy as I wait for Christmas to get a bit closer. I will wait until it can sit under the christmas tree for a nominal amount of time until I lose my patience and tear them open. Thank you @cardstockpile for what is sure to be an amazing spread of gifts, way to set the bar way too high already (as is everybody else so far).

Nondescript box

A very generours amount of nondescript packages and amazing art that I will never give up even if @Typhlosion_Collector begs.

I’ll reupload once I open things in a few weeks but I wanted them to get credit for shipping quickly.

49 Likes

Checked my mail today and was very confused by the package from Canada. I dug through my eBay but didn’t see that I bought anything from Canada. I then nearly shit when I realized this was my secret Santa! Steven from Canada (I didn’t see an e4 name unless I’m blind)

The sheer amount of awesome and unique snorlax and gengar cards is amazing! Seeing the pokemoncenter exclusive snorlax was also amazing. I missed out on this and really didn’t want to buy the box for $100. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

51 Likes

Welp I may be the one of the first to get their gift! Huge thanks to @lamplamp for the awesome gifts!!
I love them!

I also pulled this from one of the packs!

45 Likes

Those wreaths are sweet!

8 Likes

Every day that @mrtz does not post their pictures in the thread I become more and more of a lifeless husk.

14 Likes

Oof, putting me on blast! I need to get to it asap :melting_face:

8 Likes