E4 Secret Santa 2023 [PICTURE THREAD]

Not even Christmas yet :skull:

4 Likes

Iā€™m just teasing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to see EVERYONEā€™S presents. But everyone is being a goody-two-shoes and waiting until Christmas. BOOO. SHOW ME YOUR PRESENTS.

13 Likes

I support opening gifts before Christmas

10 Likes

This guy gets it.

5 Likes

When @Charizard1020 says it he gets 5 likes, but when 7 year old zork says it his parents LAUGH in his face?? How is that fair

11 Likes

Unbelievable double-standard.

6 Likes

Thank you Holahart for the amazing and generous gift! Lots of unique items from different eras and some beautiful Togepi art!

The art will live on my desk next to my Artia print so i can enjoy it everyday. Thank you :slight_smile:
Hope you have a great Christmas.

44 Likes

That Togepi art is beautiful, I love that.

10 Likes

A bit of a long post but this one deserves it.

My secret Santa gift came today. My secret Santa remained anonymous. But this is probably one of the most thoughtful gifts Iā€™ve ever received.

First is the very cool picture of feebas

Second are these stickers! Love the wheezing as it reminds me of the anime

Third is this very cool grading kit. Definitely excited to use it when I send cards in.

Next are these two holos of beedrill and aerodactyl. These holos werenā€™t released in English.

Then we have a very cool blank holo card. Something Iā€™ve never seen in person.

Then something g that was very cool. An energy card that was from a personal collection. The card has history as it was a card that was used when we were kids.

Next is something that blew me away. As a very big fan of wotc, this was so so awesome. Itā€™s a full set of mint Neo Revelation commons. Also from a collection. I was thinking about what my next collection goal would be and I think a binder collection of Neo Rev is the way to go. How incredible. Getting a small binder for these tomorrow.

Last but definitely not least is a paper theater from Japan! How cool, something Iā€™m going to be putting together this weekend.

A very thoughtful note was also written but I want to keep that private.

To whoever my secret Santa is I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. A lot of thought was put into this and itā€™s so special. Iā€™m so happy and merry Christmas to my secret Santa and to Efour! :christmas_tree:

45 Likes

@stevethemagicguy, those are awesome gifts. @holahart your cardart is amazing how you incorporate the shading so naturally and fit the cards so seamlessly.

@Charizard1020 that papertheater is so cool looking! Amazing card selection you got as well!

11 Likes

So happy that you like your gift :smiley: my favorite find was the Japanese-exclusive Miki Tanaka art on the McDonaldā€™s promo, but learning about all of the obscure Togepi releases/cameos out there in general was a blast.

I hope you have a great Christmas as well! :santa:

14 Likes

Awesome gifts! Have to second everything that @lyleberr said.

@stevethemagicguy Lots of cool Togepi cards, and that art by @holahart is amazing! Especially with regards to the illumination in the leaves and on Togepi and the bark.

@Charizard1020 Thereā€™s an awesome variety of stuff, but the paper theatre also piques my interest. You gotta show it off when itā€™s put together!

11 Likes

This is always a feel good thread. Love to see the community we have here.

13 Likes

I had to fight the FedEx worker for it, but my Secret Santa gift just arrived, and I couldnā€™t resist opening it right away! (Censored since my last name is in giant letters all over the front and back- why do they do that, lol)

My secret Santa was @Ruley711 ! Where do I even begin- this gift was absolutely perfect. I loved your note as well! Species collectors unite!

The sleeves were a design I didnā€™t have yet (and had been looking at for quite some time!), and each card is absolutely beautiful. You hit every one of my interests- my two favorite artists, Saya Tsuruta and Kanako Eo, and my two favorite PokĆ©mon, Piplup and Maushold. The radiant collection Sylveon is one Iā€™ve been looking at for a long time but havenā€™t gotten around to yet, the Mew is such a gorgeous artwork I also havenā€™t gotten around to picking up. The holo on it is especially gorgeous! Of course the Maushold is such a cute artwork as well, and the Piplup is one of my all-time favorite PokĆ©mon arts.

Iā€™ll be keeping the signed card in my (yet very small) autographs binder as well. I canā€™t reiterate how thoughtful this gift was- thank you so much for everything!

47 Likes

I am so glad you liked it! We have very similar tastes in artists & pokemon we like, so I had a ton of fun looking for things to get.

9 Likes

Great minds think alike, it seems! Thereā€™s something so nice about the softness of Kanako Eoā€™s and Saya Tsurutaā€™s styles with the texture of the linework and coloring. I especially canā€™t keep my eyes off of the Sylveon! Cool PokĆ©mon areā€¦ well, cool, but I love the cute ones the most.

Iā€™m glad you had fun with it! Thank you again, so much!

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more. Kanako Eo, Saya Tsuruta & Sowsow are my personal ā€œbig 3ā€ so that was my plan when looking, I knew you had that Piplup obviously, but I couldnā€™t not include a Tsuruta Piplup card lol.
oh and the signature is a rare 1/1, probably until next years secret santa :joy:

6 Likes

Sowsow is fantastic as well! I was planning on picking up another copy of the Piplup for the Saya Tsuruta binder anyways- I love it so much, thank you!

4 Likes

Sooo, I wanted to wait until christmas but after seeing so many gifts getting opened, my patience just faded away :smiley:

There was a 151 ETB and another small package in the parcel:

As the christmas card will soon expose, is @Taigataipan my secret santa :santa:
I unpacked it further and found a Forbidden Light and Evolutions booster and a very beautiful japanese Suicune from Shining Darkness:

I love the Suicune! Pokemon Crystal was my first Pokemon game and since I love all the dog pokemon, this is just perfect :heart_eyes:

At first I was unsure if Iā€™m going to open the two boosters but ahhhh anyway, here are all the hits:

The ETB got some serious hits! The Venusaur ex is so cool. The texture of the card is pretty crazy and super shiny :smiley: the Omanyte is also really nice with its earthy colors.

A full art in the Forbidden Light booster. Got really lucky there! (sleepy snorlax in the background :sleeping:)

Thank you so much @Taigataipan for the thoughtful gifts! :gift: I really enjoyed opening all the packs and the cards are getting a special place in my collection. Merry (soon) Christmas! :christmas_tree:

42 Likes

@pokedoqe

Phew finally I can talk about your gift, honestly thought you were delaying opening until Christmas Eve. :smiley:

Good to see it arrived there so quickly and you liked the contents. Funny story about the 151, few days before @fourthstartcg shared shipping details I bought two ETBā€™s ( one for Secret Santa event, one for my own openings ), latter had much weaker contents as my collection thread suggests but Iā€™m happy you got 3 hits. At least now both of us can enjoy the beauty of Venusaur EX 198/165, one of the highlights from whole set. :partying_face:

12 Likes