E4 Secret Santa 2021 [PICTURE THREAD]

This is the official thread for all pictures of Secret Santa gifts received!
All official announcements will continue to be posted in the main thread, so keep an eye on that.

GROUND RULES:

1. AVOID QUOTING IMAGES PLEASE -pfm

2. This thread is for positivity only.

3. Don’t post real names/addresses. Anything else from the gift is fair game.

4. Unboxing videos, photos, descriptions, etc. are all appropriate ways to share. If you are unsure about your post, ask first!

5. Seriously, don’t complain. It ruins things and hurts feelings and makes you look bad and stuff.

6. If a user did not specifically include their name on the gift, try to respect their anonymity. Don’t harass anyone about whether or not they are your Secret Santa. They can come out on their own if they so desire.

Disparaging your gift in any way will not be tolerated. If you complain in this thread about your gift or say crap like “I wish I got that gift instead of mine,” I am auto-banning you for 30 days. This is a time to build others up and do something selfless.

Have fun :heart_eyes:

29 Likes

[mention]Coop [/mention] I’m excited to announce that I received my very first E4 Secret Santa Package! Thank you so Much for all of the amazing Pikachu cards! They will make a happy addiction to my Pikachu collection! I also want to thank you for the awesome Pokemon Tin featuring my favorite characters. I also can’t wait to open the Celebrations ETB! It will be my very first ETB of Celebrations! I also love the Pikachu drawing with the generous message! Again, Thank You so much for all the heart filled gifts, and making my first E4 Secret Santa experience something that I’ll never forget! :blush:

46 Likes

Congrats on being the first one to receive their gift! I’m still waiting on Trollandtoad to send me my stuff :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

I’m so glad it all arrived! Hope you enjoy, and good luck with pulls if you open the ETB! Have a great holiday season

12 Likes

Secret Santa 2021 starting of good! Always a pleasure to follow this thread!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the posts as the gifts roll in :grin:

Wait, some of you animals open these before December 25th?!

5 Likes

I was also going to comment on the lack of X-mas decorations around town (mid November)

So to clarify, it should be a signed tcg card, not like a holiday, christmas card? Lmao I’m dumb.

God damn. I literally just packed up my package (didn’t ship it yet) and thought it was a signed CHRISTMAS card…

Okay. Time to pop the packing tape open :slightly_frowning_face:

Haha im sure that would be fine too

Hey davie, Thank you so much for the cards and the lovely Pokémon Centre Pikachu. I love it. Joyeux Noël à toi aussi!

24 Likes

Yesterday was a great day as my Secret Santa gift arrived! I think I’ve never gotten my present this early haha :grin: I couldn’t wait until Christmas to open it, obviously.

First we have some packs! Both English and Japanese - I’m always happy to receive packs and I actually haven’t opened any of the 25th Anniversary Japanese Promo packs before. Same goes with the McDonald’s packs as Pokemon didn’t have the McDonald’s promotion here in Finland. This is awesome because I want to collect all the 25th anniversary cards in both English and Japanese, including Promos! :blush:

I can also tell that Santa has been lurking my posts, especially the one where I list my favorite Pokemon from different generations because I just realized that there are a lot of Pokemon here that I like which I didn’t mention when giving out the SS info. Like the Zamazenta jumbo here, as Zamazenta is definitely one of my favorites from gen 8:

And if you know me you know that nothing stays sealed here so here are the pulls :grin: So much nice stuff and I’m especially happy with the M Rayquaza pull :heart_eyes:

But wait, there is more! All of these cards were included. And again from the selection I can tell that the santa knows what he’s doing :blush:

And even more: a cute Latias figure plus pretty coins! :heart_eyes:

But guess what, I’m saving the best for last. Because this is part of the gift that blew me away when I opened the envelope where these were in: custom cards made out of my entries for the New Pokemon Snap contest! These are so amazing and wholesome, these really warm my heart.

Thank you so much santa @pikachutcg ! You really made me smile with these gifts! The Snap cards are something I’ll always remember for sure when I think about Secret Santa. Merry Christmas in advance :blush:

41 Likes

You are very welcome! I am glad everything got there safely & i hope it keeps you smiling throughout the holidays :blush:

8 Likes

Thank you for the Team Rocket themed stuff! Merry Karpmas to you too :blush:

20 Likes

Christmas came early! I was not expecting a large package today, so you can imagine my surprise when I found one outside my front door! What could it be??

Inside the box I was immediately greeted with a nice spook from @pokenastic !

Get prepared for a lot more images, because there was a lot in the box too!

I didn’t know where to start, but one little package called to me. What a beautiful first unwrapping!

It was only the first gift and I couldn’t ask for anything more. Halloween is my favorite holiday, ghost-type is my favorite type and Pumpkaboo is my favorite Pokemon. Halloween Pokemon Center merch has always caught my eye, but this is the first I’ve actually ever owned, and I love it!

The next couple packages had a wide array of items, and let me tell you, these gifts are a series of “firsts” for me. I’ll start with a classic signed by PokeNastic himself:

The sunlight cast a shadow of the signature, and makes it look pretty trippy - fitting for the Pokemon in the slab! This is both my first CGC slab and my first vending series card. A pretty nice first, dare I say!

Next were a couple non-Pokemon related items:

That is a multi-level marketing Kickstarter “Forest God’s Amber” holo. It’s my first multi-level marketing holo, and I think it’ll go nicely with my other kickstarter cards :blush: I’ve also never opened MTG packs before, and know very little about the game. I know MH2 is a hot set, and this is Christmas after all, so of course I had to open them! Here’s what I would consider the highlights of the packs:

I really like the sketch-style cards - I think it fits well with a fantasy-themed TCG. I actually wouldn’t mind picking more of them up someday!

Next was a complete surprise and had me smiling ear to ear:

An English BW Base blister and a Japanese Dark Rush booster (only, like, the best BW set). My first Japanese booster and the first BW Base blister I’ve held in over 10 years since my 10th birthday in 2011…it’s in pretty damn good condition, too. Not only that, but the pack art is one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon, Zekrom. Either that’s an insane coincidence, or my Secret Santa did his research :wink: I can’t bring myself to open either of these, they mean too much to me. They will forever remain within collection as sealed packs and memories. Thank you PokeNastic!

…but that’s not all. PokeNastic held no punches with this gift, and next was…a questionable wooden gag game??? (Hide your children’s eyes)

I was opening the package with my brother next to me, and we both burst out laughing when we saw this. The premise of the game is to get the metal balls into their respective spots on the board. It’s actually harder than you might think because of the groves running across the board which can catch the balls…but of course I had to beat it :sunglasses:

Two packages left. Which one did I open next?

A Flareon V tin! I don’t open packs much, but was excited to see what I would get. Here are the pulls:

Nothing fancy, but I needed the Flareon and Victini for my collection, and I always think reverse rares are noteworthy pulls :blush:

Now, I had only one present left. It was heavy, solid, made no noise when I shook it, and just all-around confused me. I had absolutely no idea what it was and neither did my brother. I tore some of the wrapping and saw…

A booster box. An entire Fusion Strike booster box. My jaw dropped and all I could say was “no way” as my brother asked me what it was. At 20 years old, I’ve been collecting Pokemon cards for 13 years and until today I had never opened (or even touched, let alone owned) a booster box of any kind. I almost couldn’t believe my eyes, and after I completely unwrapped the box I kind of just sat there looking at everything. I hadn’t opened any Fusion Strike packs yet and there was no way in hell I was leaving this bad boy sealed, so I cracked my first booster box ever. And what a box it was:

The first half of the box was slow, but the second half really turned things up. The Unovan gods heard me and sent me that Chili/Cilan/Cress FA, and I pulled the Mew VMAX and Mew Alt. Art in back-to-back packs! I was beyond excited. This is the second time I’ve ever pulled “THE” chase card from a set…plus now I’ve got a great start on building the Fusion Strike set!! After posting this I will be organizing the bulk cards, filling up a fresh binder and checking cards off the list :blush:

PokeNastic, your gifts really made me feel like a little kid again, almost like reliving a childhood Christmas or birthday. I can tell you went above and beyond to make this gift feel really special for me. You succeeded! Thank you so very much! Merry Christmas to you, your friends and family!

53 Likes

well, the bar was set high here lmao.

If youre not a part of the discord, this will probably go right over your head lol but this was a really awesome and very well thought out gift from my SS @effectspore :heart_eyes:. From the picture the the damn Wendys gift card, this screams “me”. NGL tho the picture is what hit me the hardest bc it actually looks really, really good there with the holos of the cut cards in the back haha. Cant wait to hang this up and explain this to all my friends when they come over and this really put a good smile on my face today. I love stuff like this because I know for a fact that if im ever feeling down or kind of out of it for the day, this will surely turn that mood around and set a new tone by giving me a good laugh. Thank you again homie and happy holidays everyone! =)

44 Likes

Billions of people around the world do not celebrate Christmas :wink:

9 Likes

@sergio’s collection nailed it! Thanks so much for sending this my way. The cards you sent are awesome and new to my collection and you continued enabling my addiction of opening Japanese and modern packs! Thanks so much and happy holidays to you!

30 Likes

Enjoying this thread, yall too fiesty lol :heart_eyes: