E4 Secret Santa 2021

Hello, and welcome to E4’s Eighth Annual Secret Santa! This is a site-wide favorite that I know a lot of people look forward to. Every year we have surprises, triumphs, and a whole heck of a lot of community bonding. Let’s all work together to make this year another success!**

Read the Rules First!

In order to participate you must:
-Have at least 50 posts
-Have an account registered before October 1st, 2021
-Have NOT failed to send in a prior Secret Santa event (We have a list and we are checking it twice)

This year the setup is as such:

• Registration will be open until November 7th at 11:59PM ET, at which point registration will close. Assignments will be given out over the next few days.
  • Participants have six weeks to come up with their gifts. All gifts MUST be shipped by December 23rd, 2021. Contact the staff if there are extenuating circumstances.
  • Providing tracking is not optional. You HAVE to give me proof that you shipped or it will be counted as delinquency.
  • Early shipping of gifts is encouraged where possible. Holiday shipping is highly unpredictable. We usually have gifts arriving until late January. With COVID disrupting global supply chains, I suspect this could be worse this year. Play it smart and ship with private couriers if you can afford to (FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc.)
  • The value floor is $25. Gifts must be at least this much, but we will not stop those who feel like exceeding that value. Having a minimum value helps everyone feel they are getting out of it what they put into it. It sucks to send a $25 gift and get steam siege bulk in return. Be considerate. If you have to research if your gift makes the threshold, it doesn’t make the threshold.
  • Before deciding on a gift look at last year’s photo thread HERE. You can see how well different gifts were received and possibly get ideas of your own.

Some additional rules:

• If anyone is caught scamming through this event, they will be permanently banned immediately.
  • No custom or other fake cards. All Pokemon products must be official Pokemon products.
  • Alters or artsy cards can be included but should not be factored into the value.
  • No cards at below excellent condition unless they fit both the wants of the recipient and obviously exceed $25 in themselves (not tons of bad cards factored at bulk value).
  • All members must include a drawing of a Pokémon and a signed card (sign your forum name) with their gift. This is not optional. It’s a blast. I don’t care if you’re bad. Don’t be a baby.

International Shipping Procedure:

• E4 Secret Santa is open to all participants from around the world who meet the requirements.

• The staff team will do their best to match Secret Santa members of the same continental area (e.g. EU, North America, Oceania, etc.) together to reduce shipping time and reduce the possibility of customs fees. THIS IS NOT A PROMISE. You may get matched up with someone outside of your country/continent and must be prepared to pay for international tracked shipping in order to join.

• If you are shipping internationally, declare your package as a gift with a low value (we recommend $10) and declare as “children’s playing card lot.” It sucks to get a Secret Santa gift and then have to pay customs fees to receive it.

• When you provide your information after registration, you will have the opportunity to alert us to any specific customs requirements in your country (e.g. having to declare a gift before it arrives and needing tracking info). You are responsible for knowing your own country’s customs rules and alerting us to them.

Additional Housekeeping and Tips:

• Gifts can get lost in the mail, especially with the current shipping issues. Unfortunately if a gift is lost in the mail, we cannot arrange backup or replacement gifts.

• Start looking for/buying the item(s) for your gift as soon as you get your assignment, especially if you are shipping anything internationally. Time moves fast and shipping is slow this time of year.

• A good gift isn’t about value, it’s about tailoring it to the recipient. You will have some basic info, but look through their collection thread, Instagram, etc. and see what they’re interested in.

How to participate:

-Post here that you are participating. Please do not send it as a DM. DMs to register will be ignored.
-Periodically, I will send all participants a Google form link where they can provide the additional information needed.
-At the end of the registration period, I will take the next couple days and then send out assignment names and info.
-Begin shopping around ASAP.
-Ship to the address provided by December 23rd.
-INCLUDE A DRAWING OF A POKEMON AND A SIGNED CARD.
-As things arrive, feel free to post them in the E4 Secret Santa 2021 Gift Photos thread located HERE.

Participants:
fourthstartcg
The Marill Foundation
thymeee
nauticads
muk
burnedos
argon
kingboo64
electrodude
lamplamp
Milhouse
Reina Sierpe
lapraslaughing
Pentagon
oldskoolpokemon
effectspore
haggiscollects
zorloth
hisoka107
wooltchi
davie
zaishen
odds
boogus
jawsh
gottaketchumall
tenaciousm17
cardstockpile
redsticktcg
sparky55603
corncob2001
pokesoap
rattle
CoolTrainerTony
vyzhr
originalera
PkmnFlyingMaster
gengarguy
ash
Tapp
mingemirl
DizzyLochs
brendantheclayboy
unaware
zards_r_us
nevyn
rescuetoast
bash2112
crzy55
PtcKarps
Hoax
kpod
shockerb37
mossdeep
DJGigabyte
A.P.Speeze
deltazero
mertz
squirtle1000
TeamRocketOP
chok
troy
admiral77
dizzle24
Shizzlemetimbers
xzini
knotchi
blue
Rayquaza_cards
Quinlan
queendrifloon
amwolf
qwachansey
poken00b88
omrot
joetehman
trainerjack
rainbowgym
coop13
poketrade
binx345
alien
seafoamarticuno
lyleberr
andrewvt36
cosrob
Pierce
gotdundee
aquaz
SeasidePokemon
HumanForScale
fazool
Sergio’s Collection
thatpikachuguy
octaane
jifpeanutbutter
jake
hamster
zubat
dblast
slapcorn
mrtz-ny
waynesworld
Shining Dragonite
PokeNastic
Lemon
cinnaminhbun
imakuni
swolepoke
Quuador
fate
MaxyMaxy
PidgeySyndicate
stevethemagicguy
GemMint10
MrBubbles
genosha
candle
jjnoriega
stirfries
pokekuma13
coil
Train of Thought
mthursty
casual
ghoulaiden
enigma
parkermrparker
saber

NOTE: Don’t see your name but thought you signed up? Message for clarification on what details are missing to properly register you. While the sign-up period is open, I will only be updating this post at fixed intervals. Please don’t PM me if you asked to join during sign-up and it simply isn’t updated in the main post yet.

36 Likes

I would love to sign up, sounds like a blast :grin:

hahaha, love that banner, sign me up!

Time to join this wonderful event once again.
Splitting users in different regions sounds like a great change, thanks for listening to suggestions.

1 Like

I don’t have 50 posts yet but I really want to participate. Are there any exceptions or do I have to wait until next year?

Splitting up the regions indeed is a fantastic idea. This year I shall finally join Secret Santa for the first time. Very excited :blush:

4 Likes

Last year was great. I’m in.

You have got one week, go be active, should be possible to get there in a week :grin:

2 Likes

Sign me up while I go ask about DN

1 Like

Sign me up please :grin:

I’m in, looking forward to another fun Secret Santa event!

1 Like

There are no exceptions to the rule, however if you reach 50 posts by the time registration closes you can join (post again in this thread). However spamming posts to reach this threshold is forbidden, so make sure you are engaging organically.

1 Like

Challenge accepted :sunglasses:

1 Like

I won’t be able to participate this year since I made the account a couple of days ago but it’ll be fun looking at the photos of the gifts that’ll get posted :blush:

Sign me up

Pick me, pick me! Please consider as my registration post :blush:

I assume we’ll put it in the google form, but sleepy London, UK here. But I don’t mind posting abroad if there’s an odd number.

I’m In!!!

I’m in

2 Likes