E4 Secret Santa 2022

https://i.imgur.com/bztkgcP.gif

Hello and Welcome to E4’s Ninth Annual Secret Santa! :santa:

This is a site-wide favorite that I know a lot of people look forward to. Every year we have surprises, triumphs, and a whole heck of a lot of community bonding. Let’s all work together to make this year another success!

Read the Rules First! There are some IMPORTANT CHANGES from previous years, so read the post in full!

In order to participate you must:

:white_check_mark: Have achieved a trust level of “Ace” (this can be checked by visiting your profile, clicking the “expand” button and verifying that your trust level reads either Ace or Leader).

:white_check_mark: Have NOT failed to send in a prior Secret Santa event (We have a list and we are checking it twice)

This year the setup is as such:

• Registration will be open until November 9th at 11:59PM ET.
  • Participants have six weeks to come up with their gifts. All gifts MUST be shipped by December 23rd, 2022. Contact the staff if there are extenuating circumstances.
  • Providing tracking is not optional. You HAVE to give me proof that you shipped or it will be counted as delinquency.
  • IMPORTANT! The value floor has INCREASED to $50 USD for this year. Gifts must be at least this much, but we will not stop those who feel like exceeding that value. Having a minimum value helps everyone feel they are getting out of it what they put into it. It sucks to send a $50 gift and get steam siege bulk in return. Be considerate. If you have to research if your gift makes the threshold, it doesn’t make the threshold.

Some additional rules:

• If anyone is caught scamming through this event, they will be permanently banned immediately.
  • No custom or other fake cards. All Pokemon products must be official Pokemon products.
  • Alters or artsy cards can be included but should not be factored into the value.
  • No cards at below excellent condition unless they fit both the wants of the recipient and obviously exceed $50 in themselves (not tons of bad cards factored at bulk value).
  • All members must include a drawing of a Pokémon and a signed Pokemon card (sign your forum name) with their gift. This is not optional. It’s a blast. I don’t care if you’re bad. Don’t be a baby.

International Shipping Procedure:

E4 Secret Santa is open to all participants from around the world who meet the requirements. The staff team will do their best to match Secret Santa members of the same continental area (e.g. EU, North America, Oceania, etc.) together to reduce shipping time and reduce the possibility of customs fees. THIS IS NOT A PROMISE. You may get matched up with someone outside of your country/continent and must be prepared to pay for international tracked shipping in order to join.

Important!

If you are shipping internationally, declare your package as a gift with a low value (we recommend $10) and declare as “children’s playing card lot.” It sucks to get a Secret Santa gift and then have to pay customs fees to receive it.

When you provide your information upon registration, you will have the opportunity to alert us to any specific customs requirements in your country (e.g. having to declare a gift before it arrives and needing tracking info). You are responsible for knowing your own country’s customs rules and alerting us to them.

Additional Housekeeping and Tips:

Early shipping of gifts is encouraged where possible. Holiday shipping is highly unpredictable. We usually have gifts arriving until late January. Play it smart and ship with private couriers if you can afford to (FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc.)

Before deciding on a gift look at last year’s photo thread E4 Secret Santa 2021 [PICTURE THREAD] . You can see how well different gifts were received and possibly get ideas of your own.

Gifts can get lost in the mail, especially with the current shipping issues. Unfortunately if a gift is lost in the mail, we cannot arrange backup or replacement gifts.

Most importantly,

A good gift isn’t about value, it’s about tailoring it to the recipient. You will have some basic info, but look through their collection thread, Instagram, etc. and see what they’re interested in.

How to participate:

• Fill out the registration form HERE.
  • Post in this thread that you have registered.
  • When you receive your assignment, begin shopping around ASAP.
  • Ship to the address provided by December 23rd.
  • INCLUDE A DRAWING OF A POKEMON AND A SIGNED POKEMON CARD.
  • As things arrive, feel free to post them in the E4 Secret Santa 2022 Gift Photos thread.

Participants:
@fourthstartcg
@quuador
@pfm
@thurco
@milhouse
@laneward
@trainerjack
@joetehman
@lamplamp
@amwolf
@SeasidePokemon
@candle
@lyleberr
@zubat
@ddk
@Dyl
@zards_r_us
@thymeee
@JoshsOddCollection
@cooltrainertony
@Schileru
@davie
@Tapp
@Will
@tcgmaine
@thatpikachuguy
@odds
@swolepoke
@cig
@argon
@jaxlax21
@zork
@mossdeep
@mrpandachum
@vic
@A.P.Speeze
@stryker2407
@octaane
@expedition
@Berndos
@Gus
@oldskoolpokemon
@mrbubbles
@bash2112
@originalera
@mertz
@crypto
@stevethemagicguy
@fortenic
@AULO_hOf
@genchiro
@shizzlemetimbers
@professorstephen
@E-Unit
@Doug
@Filthy_Casual
@crzy55
@gottaketchumall
@thetropicalwoodsman
@wooltchi
@petiparty
@kazambolt
@binx345
@pieterpie
@jaymanfu
@Slade
@GemMint10
@mthursty
@genosha
@fazool
@corncob2001
@picigipi024
@cyberurchin
@gott006
@cardstockpile
@eMcP
@parkermrparker
@jakester18
@odnihs
@stirfries
@Troy
@Typhlosion_Collector
@qwachansey
@Wombo
@stagecoach
@Throwingknifekiller
@imakuni
@joseph88
@neverforget50in07
@tealdawn
@HumanForScale
@internetdavis
@zardcollector
@nickofturl
@Taigataipan
@rsx
@coil
@piezers
@codyto1999
@amcgl58
@DeekBoy
@enigma
@nppokemon
@kemost

NOTE: Don’t see your name but thought you signed up? Message for clarification on what details are missing to properly register you. While the sign-up period is open, I will only be updating this post at fixed intervals. Please don’t PM me if you completed the form and it simply isn’t updated in the main post yet.

18 Likes

Was too new last year to participate but loved the gifts picture thread. Looking forward to hopefully taking part this year!

3 Likes

Signed up and ready to go :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I was in prison last year for a string of Secret Santa-related crime and fraud, but I’m excited to participate this year now that I’m on parole!

16 Likes

Was waiting for this! Count me in and ready!

1 Like

Just signed up, very excited

6 Likes

Signed up and ready

2 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed the last two years, but sadly this year I am moving back to the states in December so it’s gonna be very hectic up until then :persevere: I wish everybody a merry Christmas and hope you all enjoy the fun of putting together a gift! I’ll be back next year!

Just to make it easy for mods :

I’m not participating.

3 Likes

It was so much fun last year! I’m ready :christmas_tree::santa:t4:

1 Like

Its been an interesting year but hopefully moving to the US means you can pick up your gift from last year :joy:

2 Likes

@fourthstartcg Hey! I participated in last years secret Santa but since I found the discord I haven’t been very active on the new forum site. How do I get my trust level up to ace? Thanks Ethan!

1 Like

The trust levels are based on a bunch of different things like read time, days visited, threads contributed to, etc. We think it’s a better measure of activity than post count because some people read the forum a lot but don’t post all that much, and the 50 post count encouraged spamming at times.

If you participated last year, no need to worry about your trust level, you can join this year. I do encourage you to use the new forum though!

6 Likes

Sounds good! I’ll sign up then! Will definitely start using it again. Im actually really liking the layout of everything. Y’all did some great work here

2 Likes

I would be excited to participate but I just joined the forum and didn’t get the trust level yet :smiling_face_with_tear: I’m on board for next year

3 Likes

The only thing more fun than shopping is shopping for someone else

7 Likes

Im in for this year. As always thanks for organizing this.

Are you able to disclose what the trust levels are? Not necessarily when they qualify but so far Ive seen Trainer, Ace, Leader, Elite. Is Leader better than Ace? Does it correspond similarly to the Trainers in the games? Did I just talk myself into the reasoning and just need confirmation?

This is why I did terribly at the Halloween scavenger hunt :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Yes, the trust levels in ascending order go Rookie, Trainer, Ace, Leader, Elite, then the mods/admins. I don’t know all the specifics of each trust level, but I do know they all have multiple aspects that go into them like I mentioned previously!

3 Likes

Registered. Let’s do it!

1 Like

Just signed up. This sounds like a lot of fun! I like the requirement that you have to include a picture you drew yourself!

1 Like

Registered. Thanks so much for organizing this! :gift:

2 Likes