What's your most recent purchase?

I don’t use Buyee often, but it’d be crazy not to take advantage of their 20% Off Mercari Coupons. Turns already great deals into something even better. $170 for 7Eleven Promo and $130 for the Forina’s. Packaging was not great. Everything was packaged in paper envelopes, then put into a paper bag. Luckily, it all got here safely.

20 Likes

i just realized in the front Florina promo there tghat ash is looking over his shoulder. this whole time i thought he was wearing his traditional garb backwards. LMAO

1 Like

Well the original is called “Beauty Looking Back”. Check out this article. It goes into a bit more detail of the Stamp Box Promos history.

6 Likes

Surfing Chus with Blue Back Variant

17 Likes

Sorry to be a downer but…

A couple of CZ Lugia and Unown boxes that had a single hit in them among 10 packs. I initially thought the luck was just bad, but I took a closer look and they have weird residue and damage along one edge. These came from a major retailer and obviously there are no guarantees…but might they have been tampered with?

6 Likes

Luxury ball has landed

32 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I hadn’t looked it up. Cheers.

1 Like

Crown Zenith doesn’t really have a chase card worth committing a crime over. The best card in the whole set is <$70.

It’s possible that you got scammed, but I think bad luck is the more likely scenario.

3 Likes

The ANA (All Nippon Airways) Trio!

I was shocked at how reasonably priced these are now. I wonder how many of these were released. I read the thread/history on these cards (Promo Showcase - Pokemon Card ANA (All Nippon Airways) Promo Campaign) and I can’t imagine many parents taking a flight just so their kids could get a card. Plus it was just a month campaign… I know it was back in 1999 and plane tickets might have been cheaper, but even then, I can’t imagine too many parents that would do this. I would expect the rail cards to be more in number since the rail is more commonly used.

32 Likes

Well there were 4 cards in total in this campaign. They were divided in 2 sets.
1st set had the original Flying Pikachu and Articuno. 2nd set had Zapdos and Moltres.

Likewise, the campaign also had 2 application periods, each lasting 2 months. Meaning you could only get the 1st set (Pikachu and Articuno) during the first application period → June 1st, 1999 to July 31st.

and the 2nd set (Zapdos and Moltres) during the second application period → August 1st, 1999 to September 30th, 1999.

Of course it is hard to quantify the actual numbers, since this was targeted during summer when the school is on a holiday. We also have to take into consideration that the ANA Pokemon Jet was a huge success not only with kids, but also adults. I always believed that these have been undervalued because not a lot of people are aware of these cards and the fact that the bird trio exist in English as well.

Cheers!

10 Likes

Hot Wheels collectors commit the exact same crime over $1 cars regularly so I think the $ amount is easily there.

Do the boxes look sus? I’ve got a bunch of others laying around and none of them have what looks like that dried glue on them.

1 Like

They look just as sloppy as other collection boxes Ive gotten. I wouldnt think they are repacked unless there is other proof like tampered packs.

1 Like

Grabbed a couple of beautiful cheap & cheerful PSA 9’s today!

18 Likes

I purchased 5 boxes from Gamestop and all of them had glue residue just like yours. I think you just had bad luck.

2 Likes

I never thought I would be able to purchase another one! According to the original website of the 2007 World Championship, there were only ~195 competitors attending the Worlds in Hawaii, which makes 07 Tropical Wind the rarest speaking about the competitor copies.

Thats 2 of 13 PSA 10s for my collection :face_holding_back_tears:

36 Likes

That’s useful. Seeing the glue? leftover plus the fact that CZ can be weighed was a bit sus, but certainly there’s no proof of anything.

1 Like

It’s simply not worth people’s time to tamper with these…

2 Likes

Well, people will take several hours of time to scalp boxes for profit that amounts to the same as getting a job. So, I wouldn’t put it past some people. However, it’s good to keep perspective.

1 Like

Checked out the Osaka Pokemon Center today and had a lot of fun. The store’s interior design was really well-executed and there was lots of nifty merch on display ranging from lifestyle goods, to fashion accessories to…an entire shelf dedicated to the Tandemaus line?

What caught my eye though were these shirts featuring Pokemon drawn in the style of their RBG sprites (down to the original color palettes) using Hyper Beam. The graphic even inverts the colors when viewed from a different angle, referencing Hyper Beam’s animation from the games.

Of course, since it’s Japan they had to throw in a gacha element (because why wouldn’t they?). You get 1 of 6 Pokemon at random (which I was fine with since they all looked great). Lucked out and got the OG Hyper Beam wielder, Dragonite, so I’d say it was a success!

26 Likes

Picked up some of these Thai exclusive promo packs

12 Likes