What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

I’m always checking in here to see if anything I recently sold on eBay appears here :joy:

1 Like

(Checks kpod eBay page for deals)

:eyes:

3 Likes

I always look forward to mail days from Japan. I still think it’s incredible that such amazing art is so cheap and available. Truly a special age in collecting

24 Likes

Dude lamp that slowpoke is sick as hell, not gonna lie to you

2 Likes

Finally Re-United my glass stand with my Number 3 Trophy and the view was just stunning :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

44 Likes

Nothing crazy but another one ticked off

23 Likes

arrived today

18 Likes

Currently going through this struggle now for my diamond and pearl base set binder. Nice swirl too!

1 Like

Nice haul, that Sandile artwork is incredible!

2 Likes

@brendantheclayboy yeah dude I remember seeing that art for the first time and thinking “that’s a really cool slowpoke card”. Have you gotten a copy for yourself yet?

@Coralshark thanks! I didn’t expect to like the Sandile artwork as much as I did. It looks a lot better in person

2 Likes

Good luck on your binder! I can’t imagine trying to hunt for multiple cards from DP base set, with how scarce most of the holo’s are in NM condition.

1 Like

Couple of pack fresh Neo holos from the LGS for the binder :slight_smile: :

29 Likes

Neo just hits different. Great pickup.

2 Likes

Yeah the Lucario and Dusknoir holos are a problem to find and so many in real bad condition.

1 Like

For sure! They’re definitely a little harder to track down sometimes too compared to earlier WOTC. I got these for a fantastic deal overall as well.

1 Like

Agreed. I remember growing up Neo wasn’t very popular at the time, so I assume there was substantially less printed/sold as compared to earlier WOTC. That’s very cool, congrats.

1 Like

1 Like

Some time ago, I used my good friend @stagecoach as a middleman to obtain some Play! Pokémon Prize Pack Series One Pumpkaboo for my Yuka Morii collection. He refused to let me cover the cost, and despite my protest insisted on gifting me several more cards. I received everything today and would like to share the Pokémon-related contents of the wonderful and generous package;

Pokémon Play! Prize Pack Series One Pumpkaboo. Its competitive viability has resulted in a lot of special prints for Evolving Skies Pumpkaboo; Trick or Trade, Play! Prize Pack, and two different upcoming World Championship Deck prints!

Neo Destiny Light Azumarill (Unlimited). A PSA 8 cracked out of its case. Has earned a spot in the main binder while I figure out how exactly I want to incorporate Unlimited / Reverse Holo prints.

Skyridge Raichu (H25 Holo). A card I’ve had a lot of trouble locating a reasonably priced good condition copy of. Feels so good to finally fill that empty Skyridge spot in my Yuka Morii collection!

(2x) Sealed 2008 Burger King Happiny Card Stand. One to keep sealed, one to open. A special promotional version of Yuka Morii’s Happiny was distributed through this Burger King promotion - and the one I opened just so happened to contain that very card!

Evolving Skies Espeon V (Special Art). Incredible sowsow artwork. Knocks out one of the big sowsow cards I still needed! Can you spot the Ditto cameo?

Authentic handcrafted paper Pikachu by stagecoach (priceless).

Also included were an incredibly kind and thoughtful letter and several wonderful non-Pokémon items, all of which I shall keep to myself. I am truly grateful for his friendship and generosity.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

As for my own purchases; I’ve picked up a couple modern Reverse Holos I was still missing from my collections. My (English) Asako Ito and Sekio collections are now complete from start through all of Sword & Shield, including all variant and Reverse Holo prints!

22 Likes

Y’know, lamp, I’ve never bought a full art before! But… with this slowpoke, and of course a few gems like this bad boy existing

I may just have to reserve a page or two to get them some day soon =)

It’s thanks to my homies sharing them that I really become privy to them and appreciate them in ways I never would have before I joined the forum!

12 Likes

I recently picked up these S-Craft Artisan Keycaps, they’re absolutely stunning in person; the amount of detail is amazing.

11 Likes