What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

What are these? Kinda awesome

Erika arrived today which helped complete the Kanto gym leader binder page!

19 Likes

Just picked up this beautiful card! Nishida always coming in clutch with the amazing artwork.

I also wanted to ask a question about something I noticed. I only have a handful of old back Japanese cards at the moment, but I’ve noticed the back of this espeon is specifically different. The red boarder and text on the back has some white/ overlap between the blue and red. Idk how to explain it but if u look at the red boarder in the second pic and the copyright writing u should see what I’m talking about. I checked it against the other old back cards I have and this is the only one with this. Also, I notice the blue on the back of the card is slightly darker, and the black ripples(?) Are more blended/ softer on the blue, whereas the other cards have more defined dark accents. The espeon is the middle card in the last picture with a fossil kabutops and gb lugia on the sides as comparison. It’s very subtle and difficult to tell in the photos, but I wanted to know if I’m overthinking this or if anyone has seen this before. Could just be a neo thing, it’s my first neo 4 holo I’ve had in hand. Thanks guys!

17 Likes

Well now I own two of these

26 Likes

Grabbed a couple of these. They’re great cards, though they seem like they may be tough to grade with print lines and rough edges, guess we will see! Got a couple more purchases still on the way, so prepare to see more of me soon :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@needszeebs , among my nata wake cards and vending series, I have noticed varying in darkness of the blues on the backs. as for “ripples” IDK what you mean… i think

2 Likes

This boy :grin:

https://instagram.com/p/CfPVhYjLekO

11 Likes

Last card that was missing to complete the rocket collection finally arrived being stuck in a 2 month shipping :smiling_face_with_tear:

13 Likes

Had a good haul from Japan come in today. I came to this forum recently because my rekindled interest in collecting had intensified, and other places were not really able to satisfy all the knowledge I wanted. I’ve always been obsessed with my childhood WOTC black star promo cards because I have the strongest memories attached to them, no ripping packs but actual tangible life events tied to how I got each one. Being here I’ve learned so much and even discovered cards I never knew existed which I instantly started chasing. I wanna thank Stagecoach, GOTTA_TRADE_EM_ALL and Quuador for answering my incessant questions which allowed me to hunt these, and whoever contributed to the Japan buying guide, because that was a huge help.

17 Likes

Congrats on the Gotta! Mew ovo Looks to be in really good condition too.

Congrats mate. I’ve been trying to find the Japanese stock version of the English WB mewtwo for a long time. If you have another and would be open to letting it go, drop me a message.

1 Like

Testing out the new site. I’m thinking my pictures will instantly upload now. Here’s a few recent additions too many to post really. One or two new additions every few weeks

9 Likes

Unfortunately that’s my only copy. Keep an eye on yahoo jpn though, not sure how frequently they pop up. It seemed like fate for me though, the day I found out about the existence of this card (thanks for the tip @stagecoach) was the day someone listed a sealed VHS. There really wasn’t much interest from other buyers though and didn’t go high. Good luck, hope you find one!

2 Likes

Can’t believe you found the Kanzenban so fast. Congrats buddy! @livindavido

2 Likes

The Pokégods really wanted me to have this card. The same date you tell me about the card is the same day a listing went live.

8 Likes

I found this item randomly, but I am so happy with this lottery ivy pikachu (I think). It has the correct illustrator, glossy and the off center colorless energy. Only 2000 of this card exist!

The other cards that came in this mail day were 2 lv X cards (I only need 7 others to complete the binder) and a cool chinese chinchou, which will be a nice addition to the chinchou collection (one of my favorite pokemon :grin:)

9 Likes

Cool cards man! I wanted to ask what is unique/ rare about these versions of the cards? Are they all glossy prints of the black star promos? cheers!

There are 2 main variations, the glossy ken sugimori variant which is a normal corocoro card. And a non glossy Keiji Kinebuchi card which is an how to play pokemon promo. There are a few extra variants, one which is a lottery corocoro promo. This card has the correct illustrator (Keiji Kinebuchi) and has a glossy surface, this card is limited to 2000 copies. Another card which I dont know anything about, which is just chilling in @quuador s buylist has the same glossy surface and corrected illustrator but has the image a bit shifted. I think even Quuador does not know how this card was released. I will link some threads for you to read:)

Buylist from Quuador with clear images of all variants.

Original thread which explains the lottery ivy pikachu

2 Likes

Big congrats on the Glossy Keiji Kinebuchi Pikachu! I know how difficult it was to find for me.
And still looking for the shifted artwork variant myself. :slight_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Wow, very jealous. Big congrats man :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like