What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

@metabee , there are many of us who are fans of the product. People will often say that, when first attempting it, that it doesn’t work, but you have to literally work it in with some patience, elbow grease, time, and a microfiber cloth. Put a drop on the case, rub it in circular motions with the cloth getting the whole surface, repeat as many times until scratches are basically gone, wipe off residue.

@ripguyfawkes , not only did you get one of my favorite arts of all time (Neo Destiny Espeon), but you got one of my favorite Gyarados cards as well! Beautiful additions!

2 Likes

Charizard base set 4/102, paid $112 after tax and the card is super clean PSA 8,8.5 maybe 9 if I’m lucky

14 Likes

Almost done with goals :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Just posting to break the string of amazing Charizard cards.

6 Likes

We both know… Charizard is overrated. Only the Saurs matter
I just pulled the trigger on this one.
I was really afraid of not getting any love for Saurs again in Sword/Shield. And I just cannot skip this one.

4 Likes

Venusaur didn’t even get its own hyper rare GX full art :frowning: I wanted to complete the trio set

1 Like

@mikem wow I didn’t even realize it until you said it, but they gave blastoise/charizard secret rares in the BW era and they gave both those starters rainbow rares in the SM era

any love for Venusaur though? Nope :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

No love since Dark Explorers for Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur until Shining Legends. Where they all got demoted to C/UC and reprinted 4 times. Venusaur had it’s EX revamp in Generations/Evolutions but no GX (sorry Celebi/Snivy Teamwork isn’t a real Saur). I am so happy Venusaur at least got it’s on V. Hopefully Bulbasaur and Ivysaur going to get something too, otherwise the binder stays empty. And hunting for Japanese C/UC’s from 10-15 years ago gets quiet boring :grin:

1 Like

Just chiming in, it works great on my PSA cases. Just use a microfiber cloth and you’re good.

1 Like

Here are some pictures of my recent purchases and my latest (and probably last) complete binder set (Vending Series 1, 2, and 3).

The earliest cards were obtained back in 2003 (the Haunters and a Mewtwo were Xmas gifts from a friend) and the final cards were purchased on Ebay about two months ago. I was finally able to put the whole set together when visiting my parents this past week.

Although this one stretches back for me, I only really started taking steps to collect this set in 2015 when I bought about 15 unpeeled sheets at an antique/collectible shop for 75 cents each.

20 Likes

I will never get tired of looking at vending. Such a great set!

6 Likes

@taizokai

Congrats on the complete vending set!

2 Likes

Do cards come backwards like this often? The upside down pokeballs drives my ocd nuts

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the ratio is tbh, but I wanted the error card. I think error is more common on holo than non-holo, and definitely more common in general.

1 Like

I also meant to say congratulations on the pick up! I was just curious of the upside down pokeball. I almost got a frostmoth like that the other day. I was confused if the seller took the picture backwards or if it was a error. But yours is graded and clearly upside down. PSa should have put error on the label or something identifying it tho

Thanks! Yea, I don’t think PSA recognizes error cards for Pop Series 5 Mew, which honestly isn’t a big deal since it seems the corrected version is rarer anyways.

1 Like

I should have invested in one of these years ago, but better late than never…

I now have a label printer. No more scissors, no more tape and no more ink = bliss.

If it isn’t obvious, I’ve omitted any revealing info from the second image.

12 Likes

That Dymo scale is amazing. Got it for many years now and really helped me out many many times. (Also, is that a Fractal Define R-series PC case?)

1 Like

I had to get the scale after seeing that they made those as well. I’ve only used it once so far but it’s so much quicker than the kitchen scales I’ve been using for the last few years!

As for the PC case, no it’s a Cooler Master MasterBox MB600L:

1 Like