That time of year again folks.

Ill start with my main goals:
At least 50% on the registry of psa 10 salamences
Accumulate 50 modern chase cards in psa 10 from bw-sv

Other goals:
Get to scratch in golf
Grade over 100 cards

16 Likes

Letā€™s see how I did this year What are your 2022 Pokemon collecting goals? - #46 by Coop13

"Iā€™d like to start to consolidate my collection. I have about 300 slabs right now but a ton are lower end <$100, and Iā€™d like to get a few higher value items instead.

A few PSA 10 pieces Iā€™d like to get in 2022:
Team Skull Pikachu 013/SM-P
Crystal Nidoking 150/147
Skyridge Starmie H28
Steelix FA from Steam Siege
Lugia & Mewtwo JPN Game Boy Promos"

Looks like a made a little progress. Iā€™ve transitioned to wanting the JPN version of Crystal Nidoking and e-series holos like the Starmie

As far as consolidatingā€¦ :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Last year my goal was to make progress on my Gengar PSA 9 - 10 Collection. I ended up deciding to change from Gengar to Houndoom, which is a pokemon I like way more. I had a problem towards the start of 2022 where Iā€™d buy cards that werenā€™t really part of my goals, just because they went cheap. This upcoming year I want to be way more focused.

• Make ā€˜someā€™ progress on the Houndoom set registry. There are a ton of low/no pop PSA 10s from the mid era of Pokemon that Iā€™d love to try and grade. Aside from grading myself, Iā€™ll be trying to pick up as many of the low pop cards that come up as long as they donā€™t go for crazy prices.
  • Now that SWSH is nearly over, I really want to grade a PSA 10 set of all of the trainer gallery cards, and maybe even extend that to the alt arts. These cards are incredible, and now that bulk is open and moving at a decent pace it makes sense to try and grade them myself. Plus, most of these cards are very available, so going down the self-grade route will make this venture a bit more fulfilling for myself
7 Likes

ā€œIā€™d buy cards that werenā€™t really part of my goals, just because they went cheap.ā€

I Took That Personally Keegan Michael Key GIF - I Took That Personally Keegan Michael Key Saturday Night Live - Discover & Share GIFs

24 Likes

14 Likes

My current goal is a full PSA 10 set of each gen 3 starter from EX Ruby & Sapphire including Holos, Reverse Holos, and Signed Holos (Signed reverse holos are a stretch goal).
The biggest hurdles are behind me thanks to a lot of luck in 2022.

Oh and to finally get a scanner and make a collection post here on the forum. thatā€™s a must.

12 Likes

Iā€™d really like to complete some of the Japanese promo sets Iā€™ve been working on, namely the McDonaldā€™s Promos and Scream Promos. Not a huge number of cards, just trying to figure out how I want to budget the purchases. Really wish I would have bought that Scream Mimikyu 3 years agoā€¦ :melting_face:

3 Likes

Consolidating my collection was literally my first thought, so Iā€™m following in @Coop13ā€™s footsteps the coming year. The sheer size of my collection has grown a bit out of hand, especially when I have trouble remembering which cards I currently own, which I have sold and which I should have somewhere but canā€™t find. Itā€™s a pain and I would rather have fewer, high impact pieces. Itā€™s just always been easier to justify spending $100 on a card ten times, than spending $1000 on a single card.

For aqcuisition goals I hope to add Vaporeon and Jolteon (or Flareon) GS from the PLAY promoā€™s to my collection in the coming year. And scoop up some more PCG-P promoā€™s and ADV-era holoā€™s I like.

I also hope to setup a PSA-account and make my first non-middleman submission. At this point I have maybe 50-100 cards I labeled as potential PSA-10s.

8 Likes

Finish up my PSA 9 Aquapolis holo collection (1 card left) and begin my journey into either Expedition or Skyridge PSA 9 holos.

8 Likes

Nice try, IRS

7 Likes

Goals:

ā€¢ Continue to buy AA that I missed

ā€¢ Keep buying s6a

ā€¢ Skyridge Gengar

ā€¢ use PWCC more and store more in the vault

9 Likes

I sold everything during the boom so not really much to consolidate other then some WOTC C/UC Iā€™m slowing selling off and occasional lots I buy.

Still working on my Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion sets. Also starting collecting Noivern (my favorite ā€œmodernā€ pokemon).

Graded about half of my childhood base/jungle/fossil holos. Havenā€™t gotten around to sending those in but will once grading gets to $10 again.

4 Likes

The same thing we try and do every yearā€¦complete a full Skyridge PSA 10 holo set.

10 Likes

Try to keep up with new Eevee cards being released. 2021/2022 was crazy, hoping for a slower steady pace in the SV era

5 Likes

I want to expand my signature collection! I just started collecting signatures with the saitou event in baltimore and have had a lot of fun with this new area if my collection.

Since last year i definitely made progress on the goals that I made, but im not sure if I will continue to pursue those or funnel my energy into autographs!

The collecting climate has calmed down since the covid craziness, so I will probably add a card here or there when i see it from my older goals

6 Likes

Slowly chip away at the rest of my 1st Ed WOTC era holos. For the Base Set, I got Blastoise and Venusaur and Mewtwo this yearā€¦ and Iā€™m hoping maybe I can finally get Charizard next year if I just save up for a while. I have a few Jungle & Fossil holos left as well, but theyā€™re all kind of the lower tier ones in terms of popularity, so shouldnā€™t be hard to get them.

Aside from this, Iā€™m slowly collecting some vintage and modern Japanese singles and sets. Getting more interested in the vending series and VS cards as well.

5 Likes

My 2022 goals went pretty well!

I did pick up a gold star and a crystal, and got some good grading candidates along the way. And felt healthier this year in my collecting than the past couple.

For this year, Iā€™m goaling for:

• One crystal in PSA 9
  • One gold star in PSA 9
  • Sell last of my elite trainer box collection
  • Complete one e series holo set in PSA 9
9 Likes

Impulse control

19 Likes

These I want to focus for 2023 goal

• Waiting for new kadabra to be release
  • Psa 10 Abra Secret of the Lakes (unlimited)
  • Psa 10 Alakazam Split Earth (unlimited)
  • complete Psa 10 Alakazam XY10 unlimited set
4 Likes

Pretty much done with modern at this point, the never ending chase is just tiring.

Base, Jungle and Fossil PSA 9 holo sets are the priority for next year

18 Likes