Vivid Voltage Megathread

Vivid Voltage:
Amazing Rares

FA Pikachu V

Nessa FA

Alakazam V

18 Likes

More excited for the Alakazam than another Charizard tbh. Last Alakazam was forever ago.

7 Likes

Very cool Effectspore, thank you Effectspore

5 Likes

I don’t capitalize my username

25 Likes

Broke: Buying champion’s path

Woke: Buying Vivid Voltage

Bespoke: Flipping Champion’s path to have more money to buy vivid voltage

30 Likes

But muh Chawizawd

1 Like

14 Likes

Just gotta havr that thick sparkly pikachu.

1 Like

Vivid Voltage is the real Champion’s Path.

Spoiler
6 Likes

Amazing Rares are better than all rainbow rares and shiny 5ban cards combined

8 Likes

I’ve had very little interest in the new Sword and Shield cards but I’m really looking forward to Champion’s Path. I’d much rather try to put together a relatively memorable 80 cards set which easily fits in a small binder than try to piece together a likely 250+ card set which everyone will have forgotten about in 12 months.

Edit: My reply was from when this was a thread comparing Vivid Voltage with Champion’s Path - it’s since been renamed, so my reply doesn’t make as much sense.

4 Likes

They are pretty Amazing… :wink:
I am more excited for Vivid Voltage than Darkness Ablaze. I will be opening more Vivid Voltage than i will Champion’s Path too that’s for sure.

It would be nice to go back to a time where the chase cards were not rainbow textured/full arts.
Side note: Imagine an “Amazing” Shiny Charizard with actual art on the card instead of a poor 3D model :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@pikachutcg , yeah, I know that young people these days love rainbow rares and the hidden fates shinies, but in my opinion they all look super generic. Also, knowing TPC, they will give us an amazing Charizard for sure. It’s always Charizard.

2 Likes

I personally like the baby shinies best as they have real art

1 Like

Shocking volt looks awesome! Wish champion path was combined with it! Weird the Nessa, Leon full art aren’t in champion path. Really want shiny charizard- so I’m goinf to try to open champion

Very much looking forward to this set too!

Any ideas on when pre-orders will start?

I already pre-ordered a case! This is definitely a more “complete” set than Champions path with multiple cards to go after other than just charizard. I’m also hoping this Alakazam is foreshadowing more Alakazams to come!

0_0 I need. The symmetry cuz!! I NEED.

9 Likes

You forgot Bea FA

Hey Everyone,

We are going to try and start doing Mega threads for new sets. Its something we did in the past, and they were a lot of fun. Here is the thread for Vivid Voltage. I merged existing discussion into this thread, and will edit the OP. :blush:

10 Likes