GX Ultra Shiny

New set coming November 2nd. Looks really cool.
One shiny GX will be included in a booster box.
Source

9 Likes

Oh my God

3 Likes

*“Presumably there will be a shiny rare for every GX shown on the set’s booster pack. Rayquaza-GX is #240/150, so there will at least be 90 secret rares.”*Wait. What?

2 Likes

… End of Sun & Moon … ?

2 Likes

What on earth…
Most likely, English will get a bunch of shitty collection boxes where you automatically get these cards.

4 Likes

Seems a bit lazy to just recolor recent prints, especially considering we already have two “colors” of these full arts. That being said, it is probably going to be hard for me to resist buying that shining charizard.

4 Likes

Just think about how much cooler these could have been with new hand drawn art, and then try not to get completely disappointed.

And the set is already sold out a month before release? This will be a pretty wild set to collect.

3 Likes

Another set of variations to add to the pile. :confused:

I wish they would do another Gym type set.

3 Likes

Waaaaay to much hype for this set currently…

Looks neat, but it is more of a tcg strength building set. For Japanese players. but they have thrown in a bunch of epic secret rares and shinings. Similar to the best of xy set.

All in all, it will be a fun set…
Dreading trying to complete 240 odd cards… and if they do a paralell set it would be hard to complete haha.
It’s nice to have the shinings back. I’m sad about the repeat artworks for those, but still at the same time it will be a nice chase to have 3 variants of those same cards now. Sr and hr and a new ssr coloured versions. Would look good in binders or displayed as a trio set.

Pokemon company better print the shit out of this set… I heard they have increased production by alot because of the YouTube hype in Japan lately. But it may not be enough.

Every store says Pokemon has been tough to deal with lately, and supply is not fitting demand for new product.

Absolute insane.

2 Likes

I will probably still buy them once they are out but kinda really miss those days when there are actually new artworks for chase cards ><

Management: What more can give!?
Employees: Shiny Pokemon!
Management: Anyone else?
Employee of the Year: Sparkles, sprinkle some sparkles bro.

2 Likes

Most expensive set ever to complete upon release?

1 Like

PTCG: “We want the custom card audience.”

2 Likes

Anyone know if theyre doing a set for gpokemon lets go? Its pretty close after this release wise. Ill get a shining zard for shits n giggles but otherwise its a no from me.

Seems like this set is already impossible to get hold of on Pre-order, most places limiting orders to 1 per customer, obviously for International customers not worthwhile due to shipping!

Might just wait for English cards :grin:

These are way better than the rainbow rares and full art for the following reasons:

1. The entire card isn’t one color like the rainbow rares
  2. The background doesn’t have to match the type, like it does with full arts

Still disappointed they’re using #ban5ban illustrations, but the terrible style choices I mentioned above aren’t present to compound the problem.

Can’t wait to see everything this set has to offer and really hope the English release isn’t goofed.

#suspend5ban

3 Likes

This is honestly the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen from the Pokemon TCG and I’m actually strongly considering leaving the this hobby behind after collecting for 20 years. Gen 7’s 8000 secret rares were already breaking me and now it’s being bolded, italicized and underlined with an even bigger “F YOU” than when it started.

2 Likes

Love that Charizard!!

The Chase’s are getting a little large, but compared to some other baseball, sports and non sports card releases with tons of parallel sets. Like 3-4 parallels, and chase sets. Pokemon is still pretty tame in comparison.

I think the spill for these Sr will be easier. But I’m not sure yet…

1 Like