SM3+ "Shining Legends"

www.pokebeach.com/2017/03/japans-sm3-set-shining-legends

I pulled this directly from pokebeach:

Oh boy, here we go!
Japan’s SM3+ set will be named Shining Legends and will be released on July 15th! As you can tell by the set’s booster pack, it’ll feature a shiny Mew-GX, Mewtwo (GX?), and Pikachu.
The set will feature 72 cards (excluding secret rares). Each booster pack will come with six cards, with one of the cards being a holo. So it seems this set won’t be like SM1+ where all of the cards are reverse holo. The whole set might not even be reprints judging by this pack configuration.
Since this set is being released on the exact same day as the 20th Pokemon movie, which as we know is retelling Ash’s adventures in Kanto, we can assume this set will mainly feature Kanto Pokemon. “Legends” helps to reiterate that assumption since Gen I is legendary to the franchise.
Also releasing on July 15th is a Rotom binder that can hold 104 cards. It’ll retail for 477 yen, or about $5.
Too bad we never got that Shining Mew CoroCoro promo here in the United States, but at least we’ll get a similar one in the coming months!

5 Likes

The releases are relentless this year. The amount of cards is just crazy =\

2 Likes

Plus the amount of Japanese SM promos. Please slow down Mr. Pokemon.

2 Likes

I don’t really understand why they feel the need to make a SMx+1 set for every expansion. The cards aren’t even that unique. Why not just put them in the regular sets so that the boxes have some degree of variation, instead of wondering which holos you’re going to get 2 of in your box, and which 3 of the 4 GXs you’ll hit.

4 Likes

I hope this is a kanto/ 2nd gen heavy set.

2 Likes

It would be amazing if the shining mew from corocoro was a sercet rare in english, I would be into buying boxes of this set if it’s in it but I doubt it.

3 Likes

Watch it be a secret rare, but have the same pull rate as the “secret rares” from Evolutions.

Shiny Mew-GX

Shiny Mew-GX

7 Likes

Agreed, I’m barely finishing my Evolution NM set lol

Haven’t even started on SM1 and the 3rst set is already announced? darn.

More like;

Shiny Mew GX RR

Shiny Mew GX SR

Shiny Mew GX HR

4 Likes

And they will all look shit.

7 Likes

MEW HR? PIKACHU HR? MEWTWO HR?

1 Like

I hope not those pull rates were too good for those “secret rares” more like uncommon like double colorless in pull rates.

Yeah the rate they’re releasing cards at is insane,
Personally i feel like they’re really over-doing it with the Hyper Rares.

And most of those are Pikachus… Plea, my wallet…

Love their artworks, though, so keep 'm coming (but slow it down please…)

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Doesn’t Hyper Rare defeat the point of a shiny Pokemon? Everything is going to be the same rainbow color??? Right??? Unless they give shiny Pokemon their own special hyper rare variant, which would be super cool. Maybe black instead of rainbow? Edgy Pokemon cards?

I’m excited to see how the cards look, but DANG. SO MANY SETS. Stop killing my wallet Sun and Moon!

4 Likes

Do we have an amiami link yet?

www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CARD-00003020&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dpokemon+card%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Thanks!
Ordered 10 boxes!