XY8 Blue Impact / Red Flash

www.pokebeach.com/2015/06/blue-impact-red-flash-japans-xy8-xy-break

Here comes Mewtwo!

2 Likes

I knew a Mega Mewtwo themed set was on the horizon, no way in hell they wouldn’t.

2 Likes

Jesus. This set is going to be expensive =(

2 Likes

Alright, let the speculation begin. This looks like a return to XY-based sets after 3 ORAS based ones. Obviously they are featuring M Mewtwo-EX, which is an XY mega. I was thinking we would return to ORAS sets after the kinda-rogue Bandit Ring.

Blue Impact and Red Flash seem to go with the colors of X (blue) and Y (red). However I suppose it could just as easily be Omega Ruby (red) and Alpha Sapphire (blue). Or it could be referring to the Pokemon in the set. I am assuming Blue Impact will be the attack name for M Mewtwo-EX X, and Red Flash for M Mewtwo-EX Y.

1 Like

Well, a double set AND the fact that they just burned like eight million Legendaries in Bandit Ring makes me hopeful that XY8 will feature some Pokemon I personally want to see. :3

1 Like

Mega pidgeot please, pidgey ancient trait

2 Likes

AND they keep burnin them in the miniset… Nothing much on that set so far

My demands for XY8 (based on how long it’s been since we’ve seen them):
Abra/Alakazam
Glameow/Purugly
Castform
Shellos/Gastrodon
Chimecho
Goldeen/Seaking
Seel/Dewgong
Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim
Mantine
Sunkern/Sunflora
Paras/Parasect
Stantler
Sudowoodo
Smeargle
Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
Ferroseed/Ferrothorn
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Basculin
Kricketot/Kricketune
Growlithe/Arcanine
Pinsir
Aerodactyl
Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking
(even less realistic: Baby Pokemon and Fossils that don’t have Megas)

In reality, we’ll get Starmie, Manectric, Talonflame and twelve different Pikachu dressed up like other Pokemon.

7 Likes

Damn… Two sets again… Looks like half a case of each for now… :blush:

OKAY WAIT.

I just realized this. Blue Impact and Red Flash…a Mewtwo-themed set…Red and Blue remakes anyone? E3 is fast approaching…I know this is pure speculation, but why else release a set themed around M Mewtwo with colors that M Mewtwo has never been associated with? I suppose this could also just be a 20th anniversary TCG set, with no main-series game to play off of, but I find it highly unlikely they would do that.

I think the fact that the next series of TCG cards is confirmed to still be called XY. that is unlikely.

What would be awesome, and I think more plausible, would be ‘Blue’ and ‘Red’ cards in each set of the set, representing those respective characters. Considering how heavily associated Red is with Mewtwo it adds some weight as well.

A Red Full Art would be through the roof.

2 Likes

@milhouse True…it just seems like a little bit more than a coincidence that they are releasing Blue and Red themed sets featuring a (or maybe the) Kanto legendary right before the 20th anniversary of those original games. And I see your argument for the set block name, but it was not changed for ORAS-based TCG sets, they kept the XY naming system and featured XY Pokemon. I figure new remakes would follow the ORAS trend by not breaking the XY set block.

1 Like

All the speculation!
After Bandit Ring we are definitely going to see more leaks and stuff… I can’t wait!

1 Like

It could go either way. I think both situations are plausible.

I think we will absolutely be seeing a Gen 1 remake next year, and a Gen 1 themed block of TCG series. But I think this year is too early for it.

Surely they give us something Kanto related since 2016 is 20 year anniversary for japanese Base set. :blush:

1 Like

www.pokebeach.com/2015/06/break-pokemon-pokemon-ex-mega-evolutions-in-upcoming-xy-break-block

This surely is going to be a very interesting set. I can’t help but feel overwhelmed though. I haven’t even got my Bandit Ring stuff and they are trying to advertise the next set. =(

@ozenigma Yeah, I feel ya. There’s so much going on right now with Bandit Ring, and we may have English AOR leaks even…too much stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

I think someone mentioned it awhile back, but Pokemon is really good at getting us to spend our money on their products.

1 Like

Not another freaking Zoroark card… ;_;